Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Date Rob Kelly gets sacked?

What day will he get bulleted?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. D-Day

• End of November
    • Early December
    • Mid December
    • Christmas
    • January
    • He's going nowhere

Kellys contract was for only one year. It runs out in the summer. He didn't really want the job in the first place. With this in mind I cant see him going before or lasting beyond the summer.

Wrong.

Kelly's contract is always a year long until he quits or is sacked.

From today, his contract lasts 12 months... from December 15th it runs for 12 months. Unless he's given his notice or handed his notice in, his contract will still last for 12 months on January 21st 2010.

He signed a 12 month rolling contract - from today he has until this time next November. :thumbup:

i think what happens during the January transfer window will determine what happens with Kelly, he hasnt had any real hard cash to deal with as yet as a manager and if say he is give 1-2 million quid and he ends up buying a midfielder that has similarities to Andy Johnson then I think he will be in trouble. I think MM will set up a meeting with Kelly before the takeover has come to its final conclusion, and ask him does he think he can lead the club into the premiership and beyond, and does he have a list of players he would like to bring into the club!

It's my loyalty showing through. I've always liked to look after anyone who did me a turn. And Kelly's work in saving us from relegation was a bloody big turn.

That I doubt him as a manager has nothing to do with not liking him or wanting him to fail. I've desperately wished he would get on his white charger and really lead us forward. But he hasn't. He's tucked himself among the also rans and worse still, boxed himself in to a great extent.

Anyway Barton, tickle my vocal chords, give us a name or two for an alternative manager that might realistically join us. And don't chose anyone whose goint to continually try to hedge their bets like the last three.

Give me someone with real impact, real charisma real man management and real brains.

Did anyone clone Bill Shankly?

Dave Penney

Andy Ritchie

Martin Allen

I'd welcome any of the above three and reckon that with the present board removed and some transfer funds, we should be able to get them.

I just pray we don't go down the Dowie route.... :cry:

I'm all for loyalty but what Kelly did last season is water under the bridge, if we were now bottom and points adrift would people still be saying loyalty counts - I think not.

What will be crucial in the short term is where we are when MM actually takes over, at the moment we are 18th and 6 points off the relegation places. With games against Derby, Norwich & Wolves away and home games against Sheff Weds, Barnsley and Cardiff to play before that happens, 5 of those teams are currenly above us and probably have resonable expectations of takingpoints off of us. I can't see us moving up but I can see us moving down.

Kelly to me is in the same boat that CL was in; he needs a fit Weso in the team pronto, If he can get him fit and playing in 5 of those six games then it could save his neck, if not I can see us in the bottom 3 or there abouts by Christmas and that aint going to impress MM.

I'm all for loyalty but what Kelly did last season is water under the bridge, if we were now bottom and points adrift would people still be saying loyalty counts - I think not.

What will be crucial in the short term is where we are when MM actually takes over, at the moment we are 18th and 6 points off the relegation places. With games against Derby, Norwich & Wolves away and home games against Sheff Weds, Barnsley and Cardiff to play before that happens, 5 of those teams are currenly above us and probably have resonable expectations of takingpoints off of us. I can't see us moving up but I can see us moving down.

Kelly to me is in the same boat that CL was in; he needs a fit Weso in the team pronto, If he can get him fit and playing in 5 of those six games then it could save his neck, if not I can see us in the bottom 3 or there abouts by Christmas and that aint going to impress MM.

I agree, we're very mediocre, in a mediocre league, and are not very pleasant to watch. I get a feeling MM, will bring in a new man, ready for the January sales, promotion is still a possibility seeing how poor this division is!!

Everyone should get off Kelly's back. He and Stowelly worked wonders last year. Remember our league form running upto that Plymouth game last season. It was probably the worst football I've seen from City, worse than the Taylor era.

He came in, not really wanting the position and he did a job for us. Credit to the man.

Granted we've not moved on as much as we all want but you tell me of a manager that could have inherited the squad that Kelly has and done a better job.

People are criticising his signings too. He had/has no money. Yes his acquisitions have not been fantastic but how much has he spent. Macauley was good investment. He has introduced Logan, Porter and O'Grady to the 1st team. He has been unlucky with injuries too and is currently down to only 16 fit players.

I am confident that he will be shrewd in the market and I'm sure Milan will get someone in to advise him too.

Lets get behind Kelly, he turned it round for us last season and I'm sure he can do it this season too.....

I don't recall him ever saying he didn't want the job. That's a myth. He simply played things down as is his way.

Of course people have criticised his signings. McAuley seems a plus but Kenton was unnecessary while Low and Johnson have been awful and Welsh looks unfit.

I don't think Kelly's been unlucky with injuries at all - he's had a good run until recently and, even then has had choices enough - and more if he hadn't sent Dodds away for whatever reason.

I remember all our football last season and Kelly's has been similar to Levein's, far too weighted in favour of defence.

However our most entertaining performances of the last year or so have all been under Levein - starting with Sheffield United at home, Spurs at home in the Cup and perhaps Stoke at home (4-2)...and I wouldn't want Levein back!

This is a tricky one,if RK is given some money to spend in January,and makes a mess of the transfers,then what would we expect MM to do.Do you think he will say......well thats the way it goes,and install another manager,and then give him some money to spend.I am pretty certain this guy does not have endless funds,so whoever gets the money will get it once,and maybe once only,unless he limits the amount he may give to RK in January,thus allowing a safety net

personally i dont think he will get sacked i think he will step down to assit manager or coach and let someone like alan curbishley take charge

If that happens I'll run naked down Charles Street with a Forest scarf around my arse :unsure:

There are many more jobs in football he'll take without him having to suffer the ignominy of losing his job and being forced to stay at the club.

IMO we would be in league one with absolutely no prospect of any kind of takeover without Rob Kelly. What he did last season was turn a team with zero confidence into a team that was in legitimate promotion form...the only problem was that he did not have enough games...

He has had no money to spend on quality and unfortunately we lost quality in Joey.

Some people have very short memories and I find these type of threads insulting to a man who has saved us in so many ways.

Have some bloody respect! :angry:

IMO we would be in league one with absolutely no prospect of any kind of takeover without Rob Kelly. What he did last season was turn a team with zero confidence into a team that was in legitimate promotion form...the only problem was that he did not have enough games...

He has had no money to spend on quality and unfortunately we lost quality in Joey.

Some people have very short memories and I find these type of threads insulting to a man who has saved us in so many ways.

I agree with most of what you say but unfortunately unless we are promoted this season it will be RK's last at Leicester City Football Club.

I honestly can't see MM giving him much money to spend, if any money is spent in Jan it will be MM who spends it not RK.

I know he's not had any money to spend but that's no reason to play negative football for the majority of matches this season.

We are playing like an away team at home and don't ever look like scoring if he's to keep his job, which to be honest doesn't look likely, he'll have to get the team playing a lot better then they are at present

It's my loyalty showing through. I've always liked to look after anyone who did me a turn. And Kelly's work in saving us from relegation was a bloody big turn.

That I doubt him as a manager has nothing to do with not liking him or wanting him to fail. I've desperately wished he would get on his white charger and really lead us forward. But he hasn't. He's tucked himself among the also rans and worse still, boxed himself in to a great extent.

Anyway Barton, tickle my vocal chords, give us a name or two for an alternative manager that might realistically join us. And don't chose anyone whose goint to continually try to hedge their bets like the last three.

Give me someone with real impact, real charisma real man management and real brains.

Did anyone clone Bill Shankly?

Loyalty is a great thing but there is very little in football as we have found to our expense time and time again both managerialy and player wise.

As for a new manager, I do firmly believe, and not without reason, that Alan Curbishley is waiting in the wings, out of all the out of work managers of recent times he would be my choice. He lacks charisma but you can't fault the work he did at The Valley and had he been given the loot in the summer I reckon he'd have done okay with it.

Looking elsewhere we missed the boat in the summer with two, Paul Simpson and Martin Allen. I never thought Simpson would leave his hometown team for Preston, but it would have been good to test the waters. I realise they didn't inspire you on Saturday but I would swap their deficencies for ours every day of the week.

Someone else who would be worth a punt but has taken up root at 'home' was John Collins experience in England, Scotland, France, Europe and Internationally.

Loyalty is a great thing but there is very little in football as we have found to our expense time and time again both managerialy and player wise.

As for a new manager, I do firmly believe, and not without reason, that Alan Curbishley is waiting in the wings, out of all the out of work managers of recent times he would be my choice. He lacks charisma but you can't fault the work he did at The Valley and had he been given the loot in the summer I reckon he'd have done okay with it.

Looking elsewhere we missed the boat in the summer with two, Paul Simpson and Martin Allen. I never thought Simpson would leave his hometown team for Preston, but it would have been good to test the waters. I realise they didn't inspire you on Saturday but I would swap their deficencies for ours every day of the week.

Someone else who would be worth a punt but has taken up root at 'home' was John Collins experience in England, Scotland, France, Europe and Internationally.

Their all good managers but do you seriously think that they would be intrested in the Leicester job? Allen is the only one who would be intrested and I have my reservations about him cutting it at this level.

Collins has a fantastic record as you have mentioned by that is all as a player. As I'm sure your aware Barton once a good player not always a good manager. He's had less than a month at Hibs, as you say this is not a management school not Leicester City.

I think the situation is a tricky one. Most people will recognise the fantastic job Kelly et al did last season - just cast your mind back to Plymouth away last season and remember the feeling of League 1 inevitability after a sixth straight defeat in a row.

However, I have some doubts about Kelly in the long-term, which is mainly down to his lack of experience. Without MM, we seemed to be heading in the direction of fruitless midtable campaigns and the depressing thought of selling our best players, just to cover the interest repayments on the stadium.

Who knows what sort of players Kelly has in mind if he's given money - he's never been in that situation before.

I would personally like to see Kelly given a chance to continue from January ownwards if we're stable in the league. I don't think we're that far away from challenging for the play-offs - but the investment of the MM could make all the difference, particularly if we address the midfield issue.

If Kelly is retained post January, investment is made and we've not made progress at the end of the season then replacing Kelly would be an inevitable consequence given the track record of MM.

Omg some people on here .....

LEICESTER WIN - They love rob kelly

LEICESTER LOSE - They want his head

SURPORT HIM

Get behind the team .. Yeh we aint doing very well atm but still ........ get behind him we seen what we can do when were winning ....

its not about respect , its about reality. as i stated , i like the guy but that means nothing in football.

MM will want premier league football and premier quality players signed if he can get them.

adams was liked and was doing well at fulham if i remember and it didnt stop fayed from replacing him.

hard to say at this stage but I am fair certian manderic will be thinking of a replacement like we are discussing it.

if results were to pick up before jan I think kelly will be given the 2nd half of the season and a nominal transfer budget. In this scenario manderic will make sure there is cash left for the summer so if kelly doesnt perform a new manager has something to play with.

without playoffs I think kelly will defenitly be gone in the summer.

Omg some people on here .....

LEICESTER WIN - They love rob kelly

LEICESTER LOSE - They want his head

SURPORT HIM

Get behind the team .. Yeh we aint doing very well atm but still ........ get behind him we seen what we can do when were winning ....

I don't think that's really true. Lots of people have reservations about the way Leicester play even when they win or draw.

It is just a bit masochistic being critical when we've just collected three points or perhaps a single point where we didn't expect to at Birmingham.

And there's no doubt if a manager wins ugly a lot of the fans will put up with it anyway.

We'll never know the right or wrong of that argument but it might have been more convincing if we hadn't finished with 8 points from the last seven games.

As for Joey we had no reason to lose him but still knew well in advance and we've never nearly replaced him.

If you're happy with the balance of Leicester's side, the way they're shaping up football-wise and their position in the table, enjoy it by all means.

But others are not and I don't suppose they intend to be insulting at all.

Kelly to me seems very much like Levein in that he won't acknowledge mistakes or shortcomings and quickly do something about them

His summer signings have been inept although I'm sure you'll have your own view on that.

Why is every one attacking RK,

It is not his fault that the club has no money and that we are short of players, so how can you blame RK for our current situation IMO he has done well with the resources available. When RK has done something that draws any blame, then criticise him until then get of his case.

I would rather see Kelly stay on and given the opportunity to prove him self under the right circumstances. Than get in some self centred, egotistic manager, who thinks he knows it all, yet knows nothing and wastes any money MM may spend on players.

Remember PT, (£23 million and cant admit he made mistakes)

Remember DB, (I am here, I wont do anything but be here)

Remember MA, (Bunch of has been’s he bought)

Remember CL (Was so laid back he was horizontal)

All where crap, all where suppose to be experienced, all where suppose to be good for city, not one was. They where crap, every one of them was so full of their own self importance that they forgot what they where suppose to manage city. We have all been there before, and the last thing we need is another shity manager to screw up a once in a lifetime opportunity.

RK may not have the tactical ability of MON but like MON he is not an over confident, cocky arrogant big headed manager. He is down to earth, knows he has a lot to learn and takes a cautious approach to his decisions and that is what we need. We do not need some big name manager with a pre-conceived plan that has failed many times before to come in and waste money buying a bunch of under performing tosser’s.

When RK fails then I will be the first to criticise but until he does get of his case and go back to moaning about the price of the pies.

Why is every one attacking RK,

It is not his fault that the club has no money and that we are short of players, so how can you blame RK for our current situation IMO he has done well with the resources available. When RK has done something that draws any blame, then criticise him until then get of his case.

I would rather see Kelly stay on and given the opportunity to prove him self under the right circumstances. Than get in some self centred, egotistic manager, who thinks he knows it all, yet knows nothing and wastes any money MM may spend on players.

Remember PT, (£23 million and cant admit he made mistakes)

Remember DB, (I am here, I wont do anything but be here)

Remember MA, (Bunch of has been’s he bought)

Remember CL (Was so laid back he was horizontal)

All where crap, all where suppose to be experienced, all where suppose to be good for city, not one was. They where crap, every one of them was so full of their own self importance that they forgot what they where suppose to manage city. We have all been there before, and the last thing we need is another shity manager to screw up a once in a lifetime opportunity.

RK may not have the tactical ability of MON but like MON he is not an over confident, cocky arrogant big headed manager. He is down to earth, knows he has a lot to learn and takes a cautious approach to his decisions and that is what we need. We do not need some big name manager with a pre-conceived plan that has failed many times before to come in and waste money buying a bunch of under performing tosser’s.

When RK fails then I will be the first to criticise but until he does get of his case and go back to moaning about the price of the pies.

Is there any reason why you keep posting this exact extract in several different threads?

RK will be given till the end of the season by MM. What MM will want to see is progress, not necessarily expecting promotion. For example, if Rob gets 2-3m to spend in January and the team finishes 10th, playing well, MM will stick by him as form in the last 2-3 months of a campaign often continues into the new season. If he gets money and we're still in mid-table etc, then he might consider a change. A lot will depend on results up to January and then onto about April. If they're crap, expect a change in Mar/Apr to give a new manager time to bed in.

Keep RK for the time being - there are no outstanding candidates out there at the moment

RK will be given till the end of the season by MM. What MM will want to see is progress, not necessarily expecting promotion. For example, if Rob gets 2-3m to spend in January and the team finishes 10th, playing well, MM will stick by him as form in the last 2-3 months of a campaign often continues into the new season. If he gets money and we're still in mid-table etc, then he might consider a change. A lot will depend on results up to January and then onto about April. If they're crap, expect a change in Mar/Apr to give a new manager time to bed in.

Keep RK for the time being - there are no outstanding candidates out there at the moment

We will be lucky if we spend £1m in January.

We will be lucky if we spend £1m in January.

:thumbup:

I also wonder whether MM will want to risk seeing whether Kelly can do the business here or not. There's not endless amounts of money available. He'll probably give him a small amount to work with in the jan window. If Kelly turns it around here then he'll be given another one year rolling contract, if not he'll be disposed of, costing us nothing. MM will then want a new manager of his own choice and he'll back him with as much funds as he can.

:thumbup:

I also wonder whether MM will want to risk seeing whether Kelly can do the business here or not. There's not endless amounts of money available. He'll probably give him a small amount to work with in the jan window. If Kelly turns it around here then he'll be given another one year rolling contract, if not he'll be disposed of, costing us nothing. MM will then want a new manager of his own choice and he'll back him with as much funds as he can.

I

A) Think thats the approach that will be taken and

B) Agree with it.

Archived