Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Date Rob Kelly gets sacked?

What day will he get bulleted?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. D-Day

• End of November
    • Early December
    • Mid December
    • Christmas
    • January
    • He's going nowhere

That is true to a point but you niavity is showing there.

He is happy with us being a little off the play-offs just now because in January he can bring in one of Curbishley or McLeish and give them a stack of cash and propel us in to the play-offs.

Instant hero, it's what he is all about.

Maybe so. I'm just trying not to read between the lines atm and focus on exactly what's being said. Kelly has done a decent job with us considering he hasn't had much to work with, it's his first job and the injuries we have had, but there is enough in our squad to be up there in the playoffs or higher in this league. Under Kelly, we aren't even in the top half (sure we aren't far off but it isn't comfortable). If Mandaric does come in and decide Kelly isn't good enough I won't cry 'cos he'll bring in somebody who'll do the job.

Whatever Mandaric wants is best :cool::P

He is happy with us being a little off the play-offs just now because in January he can bring in one of Curbishley or McLeish and give them a stack of cash and propel us in to the play-offs. Instant hero, it's what he is all about.

Propel us into the play-off's? :laugh:

Mate! NASA couldn't propel this ****ing squad.

Without substantial player changes the only thing instant around the stadium is going to be the coffee. :P

He has got to resign if we are to move up!

It is harsh but this is football and its a cruel game!

We need a top boss with experience, I have spoke to some Portsmouth fans who are mates and they say that Milan used to always admire Alan Curbishley while at Pompey. :thumbup:

If not, Ranieri will do!!

Well in my eyes the removal of Rob Kelly would be a positive thing.

His mediocrity (at best) encompasses all that has been wrong with this Club for far too long, plus we are pretty crap and play some dreadful football.

Agreed. He might be an excellent Coach but he is a mediocre Manager. :ph34r:

Propel us into the play-off's? :laugh:

Mate! NASA couldn't propel this ****ing squad.

Without substantial player changes the only thing instant around the stadium is going to be the coffee. :P

I can only assume that the lights shining off your disco ball have frazzled your brain.

I never said this squad would propel us anywhere, but new manager with funds and a couple of these dingbats would make the play-offs in this league.

I can only assume that the lights shining off your disco ball have frazzled your brain.

I never said this squad would propel us anywhere, but new manager with funds and a couple of these dingbats would make the play-offs in this league.

That all depends on how far we fall behind the play-offs in the crucial next six weeks. Anything above 8/10 points away from 6th place will be just too much to get back.

imho i dont think the manager is to blame just the squad need to pull their fingers out, they did at the end of last season when we got kelly in, they started playing cause they feared for their jobs with a new manager coming in

i feel its some of the players that dont want this as much as the people around them

That all depends on how far we fall behind the play-offs in the crucial next six weeks. Anything above 8/10 points away from 6th place will be just too much to get back.

No it's not and not in this league. The season Palace went up via the play-offs they were miles behind at Christmas and just kept on rolling.

Don't think he is the right man. At the time I was happy that he got the job but now I realise that it was way too soon. His team selections haven't been convincing and his transfer signings have been pretty dire too. Last time we had money was when Peter Taylor was in charge and look what happened. We don't want Kelly to waste it like he probably will... :pinch:

Milan says Kelly is doing a good job atm and his job is pretty safe. Milan also feels Kelly only needs a little bit of financial support to produce the goods everybody so desperately wants :)

yeah I wasnt passing judgement on how well kelly is doing now, considering he has had no money to spend and how well we did under craig I think kelly is doing a great job. The questions are if he will do well with a transfer budget and the pressure of demands for promotion. I think he should be given a chance tho.

I have many reservations about Kelly as a manager and even as a coach...and have never wished more that I didn't.

Loyalty has been mentioned as a strength - and I well understand the value of loyalty. But it can be counter-productive. Just as some people will always vote for one political party whatever they do so choosing players on the same basis can be equally misguided.

Given a squad of brilliant players chosen by yourself, a manager will get much in the way of team spirit and commitment by showing loyalty. But he should still be alert to any chance of improving that squad and keeping people on their toes.

We don't have that sort of squad by a distance so I'd say at least half the positions need immediate improvement. On that basis being loyal is questionable.

Because we need players - on loan or otherwise - I look at who Kelly has signed and am not impressed overall. In fact I'm disappointed. So I've got no evidence to suggest I'd want him to spend my money.

Tactically I've always had my concerns. His selections are invariably another case of defence overload but when he is obliged to attack he doesn't do so with imagination and when protecting a lead - fraught though it is - he makes some bizarre decisions both in respect of personnel and approach.

We've not improved and the generally uninspired football of his teams hasn't ever lit a spark in me.

Coaching-wise I am sure he is intelligent and articulate enough to organise interesting exercises.

But looking at the team on matchdays I am appalled by:

a) One approach free-kicks.

b) Lack of variety at corners.

c) The glaring lack of movement by players.

d) The gaping space that's forever apparent between midfield and the strikers.

e) People turning out in positions they're not suited to.

f) People who are too limited to play in those positions.

g) Lack of tactical imagination.

h) Reluctance to take or keep the initiative in games.

h) The apparent lack of enough vision to aim for something worth watching.

I stress, Kelly might deserve to be offered some roll at the club, what he helped us do last season was important, and I sincerely wish that in recent weeks he had shown the willingness or even desire to cross some of those criticisms off my list.

Why? Cos I'd love him to do well and I don't honestly see an obvious alternative...someone with Beaglehole's approach, someone who can show himself to be an adventurous, exciting and innovative coach and and someone with Premiership/Championship experience.

Where do you find all that?. Even at England level our management and our coaching looks dire.

So all-in-all Kelly has a golden opportunity. If only he'd blossom, take off the brakes and focus on correcting his own mistakes first while correcting those of others...and I mean correcting them.

Loyalty? He needs to show some ruthlessness.

I have many reservations about Kelly as a manager and even as a coach...and have never wished more that I didn't.

Loyalty has been mentioned as a strength - and I well understand the value of loyalty. But it can be counter-productive. Just as some people will always vote for one political party whatever they do so choosing players on the same basis can be equally misguided.

Given a squad of brilliant players chosen by yourself, a manager will get much in the way of team spirit and commitment by showing loyalty. But he should still be alert to any chance of improving that squad and keeping people on their toes.

We don't have that sort of squad by a distance so I'd say at least half the positions need immediate improvement. On that basis being loyal is questionable.

Because we need players - on loan or otherwise - I look at who Kelly has signed and am not impressed overall. In fact I'm disappointed. So I've got no evidence to suggest I'd want him to spend my money.

Tactically I've always had my concerns. His selections are invariably another case of defence overload but when he is obliged to attack he doesn't do so with imagination and when protecting a lead - fraught though it is - he makes some bizarre decisions both in respect of personnel and approach.

We've not improved and the generally uninspired football of his teams hasn't ever lit a spark in me.

Coaching-wise I am sure he is intelligent and articulate enough to organise interesting exercises.

But looking at the team on matchdays I am appalled by:

a) One approach free-kicks.

b) Lack of variety at corners.

c) The glaring lack of movement by players.

d) The gaping space that's forever apparent between midfield and the strikers.

e) People turning out in positions they're not suited to.

f) People who are too limited to play in those positions.

g) Lack of tactical imagination.

h) Reluctance to take or keep the initiative in games.

h) The apparent lack of enough vision to aim for something worth watching.

I stress, Kelly might deserve to be offered some roll at the club, what he helped us do last season was important, and I sincerely wish that in recent weeks he had shown the willingness or even desire to cross some of those criticisms off my list.

Why? Cos I'd love him to do well and I don't honestly see an obvious alternative...someone with Beaglehole's approach, someone who can show himself to be an adventurous, exciting and innovative coach and and someone with Premiership/Championship experience.

Where do you find all that?. Even at England level our management and our coaching looks dire.

So all-in-all Kelly has a golden opportunity. If only he'd blossom, take off the brakes and focus on correcting his own mistakes first while correcting those of others...and I mean correcting them.

Loyalty? He needs to show some ruthlessness.

You see this is where you completely befuddle me, I agree 99.9% with all of that.

The only bit I don't is he should be given a role at the Club. Sorry new broom, he is nothing better than mediocre and we have had more than our fill of that recently.

Whilst I have a lot of sentiment with Thracian's

last comments these can be addressed by appropriate feedback. i suspect we see a lot more from the stands compared to in the dug out.

I was somewhat shocked by this poll and the options it posed. I was expecting this season,next season etc

Personally I'd give Rob Kelly until the end of the 2007/08 season. We need some new personel, a midfield coach and some more tactical nouse. Maybe Kelly hasn't got it right often but he will learn by experience I hope and improve.

This is not the time to judge him when he has very limited options for team selection. Its fickle to suggest sacking a manager who was a candidate for the October manager of the month.

last comments these can be addressed by appropriate feedback. i suspect we see a lot more from the stands compared to in the dug out.

I was somewhat shocked by this poll and the options it posed. I was expecting this season,next season etc

Personally I'd give Rob Kelly until the end of the 2007/08 season. We need some new personel, a midfield coach and some more tactical nouse. Maybe Kelly hasn't got it right often but he will learn by experience I hope and improve.

This is not the time to judge him when he has very limited options for team selection. Its fickle to suggest sacking a manager who was a candidate for the October manager of the month .

:huh:

This is not the time to judge him when he has very limited options for team selection. Its fickle to suggest sacking a manager who was a candidate for the October manager of the month.

Sorry we are Leicester City FC, not a home for those who 'need experience'.

He has been around the game his whole adult life, what experience does he need to gain? All part of the urban myth that is here to save our Rob.

ive said this elsewhere , if milan takes over he will want premier league football.

do you believe that kelly is a premier league manager.

adams was sacked from fulham while he was successful and keegan took his place if i remember , though i am becoming senile :o:ph34r: , when fayed wanted the club in the premier league.

personally i like kelly from what ive seen of the bloke but i do not believe he is good enough at present for the premier league. maybe he is too nice?

You see this is where you completely befuddle me, I agree 99.9% with all of that.

The only bit I don't is he should be given a role at the Club. Sorry new broom, he is nothing better than mediocre and we have had more than our fill of that recently.

It's my loyalty showing through. I've always liked to look after anyone who did me a turn. And Kelly's work in saving us from relegation was a bloody big turn.

That I doubt him as a manager has nothing to do with not liking him or wanting him to fail. I've desperately wished he would get on his white charger and really lead us forward. But he hasn't. He's tucked himself among the also rans and worse still, boxed himself in to a great extent.

Anyway Barton, tickle my vocal chords, give us a name or two for an alternative manager that might realistically join us. And don't chose anyone whose goint to continually try to hedge their bets like the last three.

Give me someone with real impact, real charisma real man management and real brains.

Did anyone clone Bill Shankly?

It's my loyalty showing through. I've always liked to look after anyone who did me a turn. And Kelly's work in saving us from relegation was a bloody big turn.

That I doubt him as a manager has nothing to do with not liking him or wanting him to fail. I've desperately wished he would get on his white charger and really lead us forward. But he hasn't. He's tucked himself among the also rans and worse still, boxed himself in to a great extent.

Anyway Barton, tickle my vocal chords, give us a name or two for an alternative manager that might realistically join us. And don't chose anyone whose goint to continually try to hedge their bets like the last three.

Give me someone with real impact, real charisma real man management and real brains.

Did anyone clone Bill Shankly?

If we're really desperate for a new manager come the end of the year, and we're boasting a very attractive transfere budget, we could wait until Watford get relegated and try and get Boothroyd. Still we will stand very little chance of getting him even then. One of the best in the business.

Kellys contract was for only one year. It runs out in the summer. He didn't really want the job in the first place. With this in mind I cant see him going before or lasting beyond the summer.

Everyone should get off Kelly's back. He and Stowelly worked wonders last year. Remember our league form running upto that Plymouth game last season. It was probably the worst football I've seen from City, worse than the Taylor era.

He came in, not really wanting the position and he did a job for us. Credit to the man.

Granted we've not moved on as much as we all want but you tell me of a manager that could have inherited the squad that Kelly has and done a better job.

People are criticising his signings too. He had/has no money. Yes his acquisitions have not been fantastic but how much has he spent. Macauley was good investment. He has introduced Logan, Porter and O'Grady to the 1st team. He has been unlucky with injuries too and is currently down to only 16 fit players.

I am confident that he will be shrewd in the market and I'm sure Milan will get someone in to advise him too.

Lets get behind Kelly, he turned it round for us last season and I'm sure he can do it this season too.....

Archived