Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Williams + Weso

Question is will either of them be fit enough come Saturday to allow Stearman to move back to RB?

Would be brilliant if Wesolowski was ready to replace Stearman in the middle. Having Williams in the middle too would be nice, but probably not likely after last time - we can't have a repeat, he's been out too long as it is.

If Wesolowski is fit, I'd like

Sylla, Weso, Tiatto, Porter

as the midfield, I think that's got more potential than the one we deployed for the most part against Preston.

Question is will either of them be fit enough come Saturday to allow Stearman to move back to RB?

Would be brilliant if Wesolowski was ready to replace Stearman in the middle. Having Williams in the middle too would be nice, but probably not likely after last time - we can't have a repeat, he's been out too long as it is.

as the midfield, I think that's got more potential than the one we deployed for the most part against Preston.

Agree with all of it apart from williams in for tiatto and tiatto on the bench, bringing him on for either weso or williams later in the game (if gareth is fully fit ofcourse).

Agree with all of it apart from williams in for tiatto and tiatto on the bench, bringing him on for either weso or williams later in the game (if gareth is fully fit ofcourse).

that would be my prefered line up. depending on opposition of course. if we were playing a physical hoofball oposition i think williams would be an awful choice and twatto would have to be picked

I'm assuming that in all likelihood, Williams will not start. He may make an appearance around the 75 minute mark just to get some game time under his belt (we really really really really REALLY need a reserve team around about now) but that's about it. We'd be foolish to risk a repeat of the injury for a second time... ;)

I would hope so mate, because Stearman is not a midfielder, he tries his heart out bless him but he is not a cm. Stearman rarely gets into the oppenants box like a proper cm.

Surely we have learnt that kelly wont play them by now? fit or not he wont pick the best team.

Except that last time Williams was deemed fit, RK saw fit to play him. :whistle:

Look where that got him, though - he got crocked soon after.

And the last time Wesolowski was fit, he also played - 120 minutes against Villa if I'm not mistaken. :whistle:

Look where that got him, though - he's not been available since.

You can't just throw crocks back into first team action even if they're deemed fit - they've had no chance to play any football since injury, so are quite likely to struggle and get injured again. Cases in point above. :rolleyes:

I'll be glad when they're both back in the team. They are the best two midfield players currently at the club, and complement each other nicely.

Williams plays the kinds of balls that Fryatt and Hume thrive on, and gets forward in support of his attacks much more often than Hughes does.

Weso can hold the midfield far better in his sleep than AJ has all season. His ability to boss the midfield, giving Gareth time to pick out the passes we all know he CAN make will be invaluable.

Unfortunately they also happen to be the two most injury prone players at this club. Much as we are desparate for them to be back I'd rather Kelly gave them a decent solid two weeks training and get them properly fit, rather than have them injured again so quickly.

Invert Porter with Sylla and Tiatto on the left and we will honestly win every single match.

Except that last time Williams was deemed fit, RK saw fit to play him. :whistle:

Look where that got him, though - he got crocked soon after.

And the last time Wesolowski was fit, he also played - 120 minutes against Villa if I'm not mistaken. :whistle:

Look where that got him, though - he's not been available since.

You can't just throw crocks back into first team action even if they're deemed fit - they've had no chance to play any football since injury, so are quite likely to struggle and get injured again. Cases in point above. :rolleyes:

Point in case both have been fit for quite a while. Weso was deemed fit two weeks ago wasn't it? Now as you said important is to get to have a proper half an hour's game against Derby. Then its time to kick ass. Would like to see Hammond Fryatt (the really fit one) and Hume play together.

Point in case both have been fit for quite a while. Weso was deemed fit two weeks ago wasn't it? Now as you said important is to get to have a proper half an hour's game against Derby. Then its time to kick ass. Would like to see Hammond Fryatt (the really fit one) and Hume play together.

If they've been fit, how come they've only just got back to full training today? ;)

And why didn't they feature on the bench at the weekend - two of our most important players... if they were deemed fit, you'd think they'd make the bench. ;)

LWICD....recommend a good read on inflammation and injury. And why shouldnt a midfield of porter-williams-weso-tiatto win us a lot of games. We get draws with crappy AJ, Hughes and Low in the team...But then whatever

LWICD....recommend a good read on inflammation and injury. And why shouldnt a midfield of porter-williams-weso-tiatto win us a lot of games. We get draws with crappy AJ, Hughes and Low in the team...But then whatever

I think there was a case of crossed wires earlier - your post seemed to suggest:

Porter, Weso, Sylla, Tiatto - a midfield I truly don't agree with. Sylla would be no use in the middle.

However, your Porter Williams Weso Tiatto midfield is quite a good one - it stands a better chance of winning things than anything involving the dreaded Johnson. I'd prefer Tiatto be used in the middle, and a proper left winger to be used on the left (Porter). A proper right winger on the right would be nice - Sylla it is, then, with the current squad.

I wouldn't complain too much if your midfield did see the light of day, it's probably better than any others we've fielded this season. ;)

Archived