Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Floating Fox

A Good Idea to Improve the Atmosphere

WWFC have a policy for their fans at away games where they allocate so many normal tickets and then allocate an Area for singing Supporters that wish to stand up.

Wouldnt this be a good idea?

Apparently clubs dont have an issue with standing fans as long as they are not in the way of those who wish to sit.

Well I thought It was a positive idea and apparently it worked wonders for their own support. Maybe this would work at home as well :unsure:

Wel done To Wycombe :appl:

Sorry If I sound Arrogant asking someone to mail Pj just my email address has refused it alread and hates his address for some unknown reason.

it wouldnt get off the ground. sunderland away for example....... 10 of us standing at the back of the stand, not blocking anyones view, constantly getting grief for standing. the reason they object is varied, sometimes as it may obstruct views and other times just because they love being little hitlers

WWFC have a policy for their fans at away games where they allocate so many normal tickets and then allocate an Area for singing Supporters that wish to stand up.

Wouldnt this be a good idea?

Apparently clubs dont have an issue with standing fans as long as they are not in the way of those who wish to sit.

Well I thought It was a positive idea and apparently it worked wonders for their own support. Maybe this would work at home as well :unsure:

Wel done To Wycombe :appl:

Sorry If I sound Arrogant asking someone to mail Pj just my email address has refused it alread and hates his address for some unknown reason.

Nearly all League Two and some League One grounds still have terracing where you have to stand up that will be why. You will never get Peter Jones to allow large standing areas at the Walkers it's probabley against Health and Safety laws due to the size of our stadium, and even if it's not it will have to be banned if we ever got promoted any way seeing as all stadiums in the prem have to be all seater . Meaning the money it would cost to give people like you a "safe" standing area will have been wasted. This subject is complex it's not as simple as getting on PJ's back about, your dealing with the laws of the land :rolleyes:

If you really want to make a differnce join a organsation like Stand up Sit down.

Nearly all League Two and some League One grounds still have terracing where you have to stand up that will be why. You will never get Peter Jones to allow large standing areas at the Walkers it's probabley against Health and Safety laws due to the size of our stadium, and even if it's not it will have to be banned if we ever got promoted any way seeing as all stadiums in the prem have to be all seater . Meaning the money it would cost to give people like you a "safe" standing area will have been wasted. This subject is complex it's not as simple as getting on PJ's back about, your dealing with the laws of the land :rolleyes:

If you really want to make a differnce join a organsation like Stand up Sit down.

the health and safety issue of it makes me laugh, they went over board on a very serious issue (hillsborough disaster). fair enough something had to be done to make grounds safer but there is a limit on what is safe and what is just plain stupid and over the top. look at dortmunds ground for example, a 'kop end' all standing which holds 25,000, round about the number of our entire sitting fans in 1 standing enclosure and its deemed as safe, how about a 8000 area in each english ground?

the health and safety issue of it makes me laugh, they went over board on a very serious issue (hillsborough disaster). fair enough something had to be done to make grounds safer but there is a limit on what is safe and what is just plain stupid and over the top. look at dortmunds ground for example, a 'kop end' all standing which holds 25,000, round about the number of our entire sitting fans in 1 standing enclosure and its deemed as safe, how about a 8000 area in each english ground?

Standing up at football games isn't just linked to the Hillsborough disaster it's also linked to the old mobs and cheaper tickets which is something the FA are attempting to move away from. The Germans do have large standing areas and cheaper tickets but they are experincing massive problems with violence before after and during games, espically further down the league. The German FA is considering going the same way as us in order to control this.

The FA spent years enforcing new laws to make football grounds safer and change the match day experince "for the better" ( :rolleyes: ) It's all part of the parcel which is modern day football. Over paid players, over priced tickets, all seater stadiums, ridiculous amounts of sponsership and marketing, shit football, screwed over fans.

They will never allowing standing at top level football again.

Thats the things though they did it for the play-offs and are doing it for the forthcoming tie against Charlton.

Surely what GatesheadFox has said has some relevance. I mean the German FA have just built a Brand new Stadium with Terracing in it.

You can Stand at A music Concert and mosh etc etc so why not at a Football game.

I have joined SUSD :thumbup:

Argument One

Argument Two

This isn't to say I am not in favour of having terracing in grounds...but the memories of these two events are linked with the move to all-seater stadia. And those memories run deep.

a couple of disasters shouldnt make it the end of standing at games. other countries and even stadiums lower in our leagues have standing and people don't die. hillsborough was a big cock up on the organisation front, if clubs were able to limit the numbers entering grounds and had efficient control in place it would not be an issue. the simple fact is you (not sure if you can this season) could buy tickets for standing areas for as cheap as £6 at clubs like dortmund....they're scared of the loss in revenue. the "what if there is a fire" argument holds very little sense as 30,000 people sitting in seats are surely more difficult to evacuate that to allow people out of a big open space

a couple of disasters shouldnt make it the end of standing at games.

I know. I never said anything different.

The push to move to all-seater stadia came as a response to those two events and the rising tide of hooliganism in the 80's. Whether you agree with the justifications for it is largely irrelevant, and I was not supporting the move...I said so quite explicitly.

Over the course of twenty years the culture of attending a game on a Saturday has been changed. The only major force that will bring about change will be that of the clubs themselves demanding the right to provide such areas of terracing again - and until they do nothing is going to happen.

Now, as much as we all bemoan the lack of atmosphere in modern seated stadia I wonder how many fans really want to stand up? I would hazard a guess that it is less than those opposed to frequent changing of strips...and yet we are stuck with them aren't we, clubs don't listen.

If a group of supporters could convince City to campaign for terracing at the Walkers then I reckon you have a chance - until then you're all going to have to watch out for the flasks all over the place ;)

It would be better if there was a certain block where people are allowed the stand at the back, everyone stands in L1 anyway don't they?

Yep they do. I think most people on sit down at half-time in L1. The rest of the game is spent standing up. Creates a better atmosphere anyway. I know there have been disasters at football stadiums due to people standing and what not, but they are so rare and isolated that it doesn't make sense for them to have such a big impact. I'd like to see standing re-introduced. Maybe my opinion would have been different were I or any friends/family members involved in anything like Hillsborough.

Archived