Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

No Money for a Loan Deal

I'm not certain but I rather think when a takeover has been agreed or is imminent there can be no exceptional spending - the established board can only sanction normal outgoings for the general everyday functioning of the business.

You wouldn't wish to be inspecting books and forming a viewpoint only to find when you'd taken over, that the goalposts had been unexpectedly moved and big chunks of dosh had disappeared.

Whether MM could sanction a deal is another matter but I doubt he would. Most people don't risk spending money in a business they've not yet taken over - they might change their minds, which is what due diligence is about.

I'm concerned about the number of points we'll drop because we didn't get a loan deal done before Xmas. By the time Milly Molly Mandy gets his chequebook out we could be in real trouble.

That's a scary possibility. But we've managed without being too scared up until now, and if we can just stick this close to the playoff pack until January then we'll be fine when Mandy comes in, as we'll be able to bring in exactly what we need to give us that much needed spark :thumbup:

Archived