Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mat_j101

Anyone know why Hendo started today?

Logan was dropped. simple as. Henderson seemed to do fine although it doesn't sound like he got any closer to their 30-yarder which shaved the bar than Logan did to the Wednesday hot-shots.

And just like Logan, Henderson suffered from being crowded out of a clear sight of the ball.

Anyway I can't fault Kelly for his decision. Whatever the logic no manager likes to ship so many goals and would possibly change his goalkeeper to change his luck as much as everything.

Big test now for Logan is to react properly and to come back a still better goalkeeper when and if he gets the chance.

Logan was dropped. simple as. Henderson seemed to do fine although it doesn't sound like he got any closer to their 30-yarder which shaved the bar than Logan did to the Wednesday hot-shots.

And just like Logan, Henderson suffered from being crowded out of a clear sight of the ball.

Anyway I can't fault Kelly for his decision. Whatever the logic no manager likes to ship so many goals and would possibly change his goalkeeper to change his luck as much as everything.

Big test now for Logan is to react properly and to come back a still better goalkeeper when and if he gets the chance.

And i think he will, won't be long before he's back in imo

I agree with what you say generally, but i cant help thinking it wont do Logans confidence any good. He's only a young guy, and i didnt really think any of the Wesnesday goals were his fault. I think had i bin picking the team, i would have probably kept him in.

That said, i can understand Kelly's decision as you say.

I still think Logan is a Keeper for the future, and he will be really good

Logan needed a good kicking up the arse I think. Will keep both keepers on their toes. :thumbup:

I can see some of the logic of dropping Logan, but I just wonder if we're ever actually going to get settled on a back 5. Some kind of consistancy would surely go some way to tightening up the defence... it's a bit hard when you don't know who you'll be playing with. We seem to try a combination for a fgew games, and if it doesn't work, try another one. I dunno.

:ph34r:

They've always done it the 'You fat b@stard' chant' regardless of how fat or otherwise the goalie is (Shouting it at Pressman though would have been justified!)

It's like our 'Tw@t you're sh!t ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh', regardless of whether the goalie is any good or not

Did ok, did what he had to basically. Wolves fans were singing You fat bastard to him for some reason :blink:
They've always done it the 'You fat b@stard' chant' regardless of how fat or otherwise the goalie is (Shouting it at Pressman though would have been justified!)

It's like our 'Tw@t you're sh!t ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh', regardless of whether the goalie is any good or not

You stole my thunder.

We got the result with Henderson in goal and with Logan in goal we very rarely got the result. Simple!

I haven't heard anything to suggest Henderson affected Saturday's result any more than that Logan had a derogatory effect on what happened when he was in goal.

I'm not saying Kelly was wrong though - the goals against tally went up during Logan's watch - and that's never helpful for a goalkeeper. RK could justify a change even if there was no particular reason.

But, if it mattered, I could level lots of much better reasons for our goals against tally going up than the performance of Logan.

The starting 11 hasn't been consistent. It's easy to blame a keeper, but last saturday two of those goals noone would have stopped and one was a peno. I personally blamed the 10 men in front of him. But then again I'm not a football manager.

I haven't heard anything to suggest Henderson affected Saturday's result any more than that Logan had a derogatory effect on what happened when he was in goal.

I'm not saying Kelly was wrong though - the goals against tally went up during Logan's watch - and that's never helpful for a goalkeeper. RK could justify a change even if there was no particular reason.

But, if it mattered, I could level lots of much better reasons for our goals against tally going up than the performance of Logan.

I'm no fan of Paul Henderson but he it sounds like he played alright on Saturday.

It's unfortunate that Conrad has been dropped because the goals he conceaded last week were difficult to save and Henderson would of got no where near them either.

However I think it will serve as a learning exercise for the lad. Henderson is good enough to hold on to his place for any length of time, Conrad will get his chance again, and next time someone cracks a 25 yard drive at him he might get his footwork right and save it

It looked like Henderson got pretty close to the effort that struck the bar yesterday. He didn't do anything wrong. Fumbled one shot that was hit straight at him but quickly gathered it at the second attempt. Kicking was better than it has been in the past most of the time. Was unsighted for the goal but punched or caught every high ball into the box well. Nothing against Logan, he's performed admirably in the games he's played for the first team but 7 goals in two games doesn't look good for any 'keeper and it maybe was for the best to have taken Logan out of the frame and the pressure that has been building up on the team.

I'm no fan of Paul Henderson but he it sounds like he played alright on Saturday.

It's unfortunate that Conrad has been dropped because the goals he conceaded last week were difficult to save and Henderson would of got no where near them either.

However I think it will serve as a learning exercise for the lad. Henderson is good enough to hold on to his place for any length of time, Conrad will get his chance again, and next time someone cracks a 25 yard drive at him he might get his footwork right and save it

I don't know about the footwork but if I were Logan I'd sure learn some lessons.

a) I'd learn to open my mouth and get defenders out of my line of sight and out of my six yard box.

b) I'd learn to rollock anyone who delayed on the ball or gave it away for nothing in defensive areas thus offering the opposition a free shot at goal.

c) I'd learn to demand that the entire defence push up when in possession to save us having to soak up unnecessary pressure and to so make my job such a lot harder.

d) I'd tell piss poor wingers to stay out of my penalty box where they are such a s....g liability.

e) And I'd get a friend to tell McCarthy that if he couldn't stay around for the whole match he might as well stay at home. :D

To be fair to Logan, he does call more than the other two encumbants. I just think at times his lack of experience shows, and given his age, it's perfectly understandable. You learn from your mistakes, and the problem with keepers most lead to goals. I would have stuck with him, but then again, I'm not the manager.

Archived