Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Colchester

The standing and seating areas for away fans at Colchester are in fact in completely different parts of the ground - to get from one to the other you would have to sprint across the pitch. :)

Nope,not anymore.

There is mobile seating next to the standing area for away fans,it used to be at opposite ends but it isnt anymore.

The problem is The lads im going with got seating by accident (duh!) and obviously I wana stand so thats why I was asking. Werent sure if the away end was just one big block along with the mobile seating- I cant find any pics of the ground to show me either, will av to wait and see eh!

whats to stop you going over the other side at half time etc?? :cool:

i dont get how they can stop fans moving about on a terrace? elaberate please :)

:blink:

That's got to be a wind-up

lol at least someone has half a brain.

:ph34r:

How often are the trains from Colchester to Colchester Town?

Err...please.

Quite often mate Colchester Town is only one line in/out though so there is sometimes a delay between trains from Colchester mainline North Station. You would be better off checking on here to be sure

Rail

Why do you want Colchester Town station are you going to walk to the ground from there, you would be better off catching a bus or cab from North Station. You can walk it but its a good 2 miles plus walk, although a lot of away fans do walk back via a few pubs!

Quite often mate Colchester Town is only one line in/out though so there is sometimes a delay between trains from Colchester mainline North Station. You would be better off checking on here to be sure

Rail

Why do you want Colchester Town station are you going to walk to the ground from there, you would be better off catching a bus or cab from North Station. You can walk it but its a good 2 miles plus walk, although a lot of away fans do walk back via a few pubs!

By the way I saw on the other thread people were asking about the view and the new seats. Take a look at this video from you tube taken by a Saints fan a few weeks ago. This will give you an idea of the view you will get and at the end of the video you will see your small away seats stand in the right hand corner.

Hello everybody I have registered to help you guys with anything you might need to know before the big game on Saturday. It has been very wet down here over the last few days, but hopefully the game will still go ahead :)

Good off you to help ;)

how come you get better music than us not fair :(

btw anyone who is off to colchestor keep your eyes on the game we dont want you to get hit on the head by any waywood shots :whistle:

Good off you to help ;)

btw anyone who is off to colchestor keep your eyes on the game we dont want you to get hit on the head by any waywood shots :whistle:

Have you heard the Colchester players charity single (which you can buy on Saturday for £5 :) )

Its being sold for research into cancer affecting young people in memory of one of our young female fans who died at the tender age of 14 a few weeks ago. Take a look at the video here

Welcome to the site mate. Im just wondering, what are the chances of the game being rained off? I keep hearing that its pissing it down around that area and Im praying that the journey wont be made for nothing!

To be honest there is no mention of it being cancelled down here, the pitch is normally pretty good (but small!) If I hear anything about an inspection etc, I will post on here Friday evening after I get home from work. Thanks for the welcome by the way, it makes a change from posting on the Colchester sites :whistle:

You think theres a chance that this will be called off? Weather's lousy around that area with lots of heavy rain.... can't imagine a ground like Colchesters will have a brilliant drainage system.

No drainage system whatsoever, but we dont lose many games due to a waterlogged pitch, it drains pretty well because the soil is very good around there. Our pitch is recognised as one of the better playing surfaces in the league and also one of the smallest!

Good off you to help ;)

more worried about the warm up and how many of our shots will end up on the terrace. :whistle:

Not according to my ticket - my seat is miles away from the terracing. :) Block E.

Edit - on relooking you may well be right.

Thank you,I knew i was :P

Syston fox you can stop worrying now its alot dryer here today no sign of rain as yet. :thumbup:

Colcester fan - can away fans move between thier designated seating and standing areas - I have heard tha the seating and standing areas are next to each other - but can you move btwn the two

Officially no mate, especially as you have sold out your ticket allocation for all areas, however if you have a word with one of the stewards, they are a good bunch who will do their best to help. Look out for a fairly tough looking guy with a beard and longish blonde/grey hair, he is not as bad as he looks and is the boss of the stewards. Tell him what your problem is and he will try to help you, if you have some mates in the seats it may be possible to swop with some of your lot on the terraces. The atmosphere will be on the terraces as that seating area is very small and is situated right beside the Barside stand where most of the banter (and abuse!) comes from.

Archived