Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Colchester

Only 150 tickets left which I am sure will be sold before 15.00 on Saturday, but dont be suprised to see an official attendance of under 6000, we often have several hundred fans who buy tickets and then dont turn up.

Having said that some of our season ticket lads are serving abroad with the army in Iraq etc, so they have a good excuse not too come.

when are you getting the new ground?

To be honest mate it is taking forever to get going because it is a massive development involving lots of things other than the stadium. The latest delay was getting approval to build it before the A12 link is built due to the cost that neither local or central government could afford to build. That has gone through now a week or so ago and tenders are coming back from 3 companies who are going to build it. We expect to start playing the season after next in it, although to start with it will only be a 10k capacity, too small in my opinion.

To be honest mate it is taking forever to get going because it is a massive development involving lots of things other than the stadium. The latest delay was getting approval to build it before the A12 link is built due to the cost that neither local or central government could afford to build. That has gone through now a week or so ago and tenders are coming back from 3 companies who are going to build it. We expect to start playing the season after next in it, although to start with it will only be a 10k capacity, too small in my opinion.

No disrespect but it depends which league you're playing, in the topsy turvy world of football it could be the Championship, the Premier league or dare I say it League 1 :o .

No disrespect but it depends which league you're playing, in the topsy turvy world of football it could be the Championship, the Premier league or dare I say it League 1 :o .

I think its too small even if we did get relegated, but beggars cant be choosers, this is being funded by grants and the local council.

Come to watch Leicester, you've only come to watch Leicester.

First time we have played you at home, but the majority of the crowd will give your guys the same respect as they gave the other 'big clubs' like Southampton, Derby, Ipswich, Wolves etc

absolutely none with 90 minutes of abuse :D

It's all about the banter.

There will be lots of that Fezzler watch out for the lads in the Barside, the stand to your right if you are on the terraces, they will give you some stick! (Thats where I stand!)

This will not be a nice quiet little stroll in the park for your boys, they will know they have been in a game.

The look on the faces of some of these bigger name players this season has been a picture, they certainly will remember playing at Layer Road :cool:

Put's us to shame really doesn't it?

A quarter the average crowd we get and mixing it like a good un!

Cheers for that mate, Phil Parkinson did a very good job at Layer Road and set the wheels in motion for what Williams and the boys have done since. Its amazing what you can do with almost no outlay if your team play as a team and not as a bunch of individuals.

No they have been sold out in the home areas almost all season, but some away teams have failed to sell out their allocation. I thought I would post a warning on here in case any of your lot travel without a ticket hoping to get in the home areas.

there goes my plans :(

You've got Greg Halford and he's awsome thats well unfair :(

but we've got Levi porter so it makes it better

There will be lots of that Fezzler watch out for the lads in the Barside, the stand to your right if you are on the terraces, they will give you some stick! (Thats where I stand!)

This will not be a nice quiet little stroll in the park for your boys, they will know they have been in a game.

The look on the faces of some of these bigger name players this season has been a picture, they certainly will remember playing at Layer Road :cool:

No excuses. The small ground factor shouldn't affect us, not least because a few of our better players have vast experience of League One and League Two (McAuley, Hume and Fryatt). We also have an excellent recent record in the Cups away from home at difficult grounds (Hereford, Bury, etc) which has got to count for something.

If you beat us I certainly won't be blaming the ground. I think it's an easy getout for the media to highlight certain smaller grounds as "difficult places to go to". We had it when we were at Filbert Street in the Premiership. We used to beat teams like Liverpool and Newcastle there because we had a decent team, not because the crowd was a yard closer to the pitch than elsewhere. Winds me up.

Your league position dictates that we will show you respect but I hope there's not too much of it on show.

Well done on your achievements so far but as soon as that whistle goes, you can all get to **** and I want to see eleven Leicester City players showing why they are able to justify higher wages than your mob. It's about time.

No excuses. The small ground factor shouldn't affect us, not least because a few of our better players have vast experience of League One and League Two (McAuley, Hume and Fryatt). We also have an excellent recent record in the Cups away from home at difficult grounds (Hereford, Bury, etc) which has got to count for something.

If you beat us I certainly won't be blaming the ground. I think it's an easy getout for the media to highlight certain smaller grounds as "difficult places to go to". We had it when we were at Filbert Street in the Premiership. We used to beat teams like Liverpool and Newcastle there because we had a decent team, not because the crowd was a yard closer to the pitch than elsewhere. Winds me up.

Your league position dictates that we will show you respect but I hope there's not too much of it on show.

Well done on your achievements so far but as soon as that whistle goes, you can all get to **** and I want to see eleven Leicester City players showing why they are able to justify higher wages than your mob. It's about time.

Spoken like a true fan Fezzler, I would not be surprised to see us lose or draw soon this run cannot go on for ever. I think the surroundings do upset some players though, the changing rooms etc are not what they might be used to, and then they come out in a negative mood. Some of these prima donnas want to try doing a proper job for a fraction of the money, they would soon find out where their better off.

Lets hope both teams give it their all on Saturday and we all see a good lively competitive game.

Spoken like a true fan Fezzler, I would not be surprised to see us lose or draw soon this run cannot go on for ever. I think the surroundings do upset some players though, the changing rooms etc are not what they might be used to, and then they come out in a negative mood. Some of these prima donnas want to try doing a proper job for a fraction of the money, they would soon find out where their better off.

Lets hope both teams give it their all on Saturday and we all see a good lively competitive game.

Amen. :thumbup:

As long as you've got a dressing table for Gareth Williams to do his hair, we'll be fine.

Archived