Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Hammond Vs Fryatt

My point is quite straightforward.....

Elvis Hammond whilst a likeable chap, has no redeming features as a professional footballer other than pace!

1 scuff vs Wolves and the ball bouncing to you 3 yards from goal does not constitute a good player but a lucky one at the moment

Matty Fryatt has lots of good features that a professional footballer needs to have, and is and will be a class footballer certainly in this division or above in his career. Yes he is out of form, and yes he is underperforming and we need more of a contribution, but for some to say that EH is a better player is just incorrect!

The point........ form is temporary class is perminant! :thumbup:

So far this season Hammond has tried hard, he's made things happen and scored a few goals.

So far this season Fryatt has looked fat, lazy and uninterested and he's not managed to have much impact if any at all when he's played - save a couple of goals.

So far this season, Hammond has been our better option up front. And the way things are going, it'll be that way for a couple of weeks yet. Fryatt may have class but he's not shown it for a while now - his reputation and assumed levels of class are not enough at the minute.

So far this season Hammond has tried hard, he's made things happen and scored a few goals.

So far this season Fryatt has looked fat, lazy and uninterested and he's not managed to have much impact if any at all when he's played - save a couple of goals.

So far this season, Hammond has been our better option up front. And the way things are going, it'll be that way for a couple of weeks yet. Fryatt may have class but he's not shown it for a while now - his reputation and assumed levels of class are not enough at the minute.

absolutely but if both were fit and on top form and we needed a goal, like Oxford in 91 who would you play?

Elvis Hammond whilst a likeable chap, has no redeming features as a professional footballer other than pace!

1 scuff vs Wolves and the ball bouncing to you 3 yards from goal does not constitute a good player but a lucky one at the moment

Matty Fryatt has lots of good features that a professional footballer needs to have, and is and will be a class footballer certainly in this division or above in his career. Yes he is out of form, and yes he is underperforming and we need more of a contribution, but for some to say that EH is a better player is just incorrect!

Probably, except Hammond goal vs. Wolves was not a scuff, and he can also hold the ball up reasonably well ( he just needs to work on his pass once he has an option :P )

absolutely but if both were fit and on top form and we needed a goal, like Oxford in 91 who would you play?

Depends on their recent form, of course.

I'd pick the player who had played the most games and scored the most goals in those games running up to this particular hypothetical game. Perhaps that would be Fryatt, perhaps it would be Hammond. I wouldn't pick Fryatt based on the fact that he's supposedly a class above Hammond - I'd pick him is his recent form was better than Hammond's.

Form is how you pick your team, not supposed class. After all, Rab Douglas is a class goalkeeper - he's played for Scotland, don't you know?

Depends on their recent form, of course.

I'd pick the player who had played the most games and scored the most goals in those games running up to this particular hypothetical game. Perhaps that would be Fryatt, perhaps it would be Hammond. I wouldn't pick Fryatt based on the fact that he's supposedly a class above Hammond - I'd pick him is his recent form was better than Hammond's.

Form is how you pick your team, not supposed class. After all, Rab Douglas is a class goalkeeper - he's played for Scotland, don't you know?

oh yeah and Low has played for the under 21's!

If MF were to come back to form EH would be on that bench quicker than you could say For****SakeKelly

oh yeah and Low has played for the under 21's!

If MF were to come back to form EH would be on that bench quicker than you could say For****SakeKelly

Case in point. :whistle:

Yes - an on form Fryatt would probably be better than an on form Hammond. That's doubtless why Hammond didn't get much of a look-in in our revival period last season. Hume and Fryatt were on form and banging them in as needed.

That just hasn't happened this season for one reason or another. Fryatt has been said to look uninterested - if he's got an attitude problem, he won't regain his form any time soon. Mores the pity, we could do with some competition/depth up front.

Frankly, if Fryatt isn't interested in playing for Leicester City, the fans won't be interested in Fryatt playing for them either. Then his class will mean nothing any more.

Case in point. :whistle:

Yes - an on form Fryatt would probably be better than an on form Hammond. That's doubtless why Hammond didn't get much of a look-in in our revival period last season. Hume and Fryatt were on form and banging them in as needed.

That just hasn't happened this season for one reason or another. Fryatt has been said to look uninterested - if he's got an attitude problem, he won't regain his form any time soon. Mores the pity, we could do with some competition/depth up front.

Hey now stop it you sound too sensible, once again hit nail on said head! :thumbup:

I heard that he was the same at walsall before he came here

Must think hes made it here and now needs to go higher again, me thinks that's a management problem!

Hey now stop it you sound too sensible, once again hit nail on said head! :thumbup:

I heard that he was the same at walsall before he came here

Must think hes made it here and now needs to go higher again, me thinks that's a management problem!

If he thinks he's made it here, he's very mistaken. ;)

Dealing with players with serious attitude problems is a management problem, I agree.

What young Fryatt needs to be taught is that his reputation isn't enough to secure him a place in the first team. Hopefully he'll be learning that to some extent now - playing second fiddle to a player who most fans think couldn't hit a cows arse with a football from two paces away. A player who, despite all his efforts has only scored about 10 goals in English competition.

If that isn't enough to teach him he's only good as his form and effort, I don't know what is. :whistle:

If he thinks he's made it here, he's very mistaken. ;)

Dealing with players with serious attitude problems is a management problem, I agree.

What young Fryatt needs to be taught is that his reputation isn't enough to secure him a place in the first team. Hopefully he'll be learning that to some extent now - playing second fiddle to a player who most fans think couldn't hit a cows arse with a football from two paces away. A player who, despite all his efforts has only scored about 10 goals in English competition.

If that isn't enough to teach him he's only good as his form and effort, I don't know what is. :whistle:

If he could only get his head rigt he would be a star here, if he stayed what 3 seasons gained promotion banged in a few goals then gets a move that's what even local lads have done in the past so thats the way to go but when will MF realise?

But the real question is who would win in a fight?

Elvis or Dut dut dut dut :ph34r:

Fryatt, Elvis would have all the effort but keep falling out of the ring as he does not realise which side he's ment to be on but throwing loads a punches but constantly missing until landing a few scuffs and then Fryatt put his face right infront of elvis so he cant miss. Then when fryatt could actually be bothered he spots his chance to produce 1 magical roundhouse and KO Hammond for a 10 count! :P

Wham Bam. Spot on, and that's from someone who hasn't been to a game this season.

Elvis deserves more credit than he gets. Yes we all know he's no Henry, but he's not that bad. Lately he's been putting in some very good performances. Long may it continue hopefully :thumbup:

I really want Fryatt to come back and do something positive. The way things are it doesn't look as though he will score for us at all this season unless something drastic happens. He needs a run in the team to get a goal, not 10 minutes here and there. At the moment he doesn't deserve this but unless he does something special in training he won't get a game, therefore won't score for a good while yet.

:mellow:

Exactly what i said last night. Trying hard and pace doesnt mean hes a good palyer, i can head a ball well because im 6 and half foot, and ill try hard Mr. Kelly, please sign me. :ph34r:

It's up to Fryatt to lose some weight (yer fat forker) and show that he's worth a place in the team by working his arse off and showing the form he produced from last season.

Fryatt will end up in the conference or league 2 at best,hes is a awfull player,hammond has lots of pace and is always willing to chase and hassle defence.

Hammond is much more of a team player and a worker than Fryatt,Hammond can keep improving and he will become a top player!

Fryatt will end up in the conference or league 2 at best,hes is a awfull player,hammond has lots of pace and is always willing to chase and hassle defence.

Hammond is much more of a team player and a worker than Fryatt,Hammond can keep improving and he will become a top player!

Really! You ll be the one saying Fryatt is a god in a month's time? Fryatt and Hume formed a good attacking partnership and I remember reading here and seeing people really praising the team when Fryatt was in the team. Any player that is short of fitness and confidence, it is really Kelly's job to recover a lost player. But unfortunately Kelly's mystery players band continues to grow.

Fryatt a crap player and Hammond the top, gtfoh

We are a far better team with Elvis in the starting 11 and it is a team game so that'll do.

Yeah with the midfield we ve had. Now with more competition for places I do suppose midfield service will improve. Hopefully Kelly will play Weso and Williams. Btw not that want to be a pain, but I had said we'd win every game with Weso and Williams, looks I was somewhat right! :P:P:P

Better shut up before I'm expelled

Yeah with the midfield we ve had. Now with more competition for places I do suppose midfield service will improve. Hopefully Kelly will play Weso and Williams. Btw not that want to be a pain, but I had said we'd win every game with Weso and Williams, looks I was somewhat right! :P:P:P

Better shut up before I'm expelled

? Weso hasn't started a game for ages...

Archived