Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fleckney Fox

Matty Fryatt on the takeover...

from his website (you have to be a member so i just copied it for you)

Matty Fryatt

Aiming for the Premiership

I'm happy to say my ankle is fine and I haven’t had any repercussions from it at all. I think the only player we are missing at the moment is Andy Johnson who has had some problems with his ankle - but he's on the mend now. We definitely miss having him in the team, but it's a blow to lose anyone from our squad through injury.

It was a big relief to get the win against Wolves last weekend. It important for us to get the victory, and it has really improved the confidence. A win at any stage is good but we needed it because we have been struggling recently.

I wouldn’t like to predict whether or not that was the turning point in our season as anyone can beat anyone in this league, and there's not much between the sides. It's all about getting a bit of consistency and we could do with getting on a bit of a run and hopefully we can carry it on against Barnsley this weekend.

The results indicate where you are meant to be, and ours aren’t Premiership-class yet but hopefully that will change.

Barnsley are a team near the bottom as well. They are just a couple of points below us in the table, so both teams will be looking for crucial points on Saturday. Hopefully we can back-to-back wins, which would be fantastic.

In December it is so vital to get a few wins - it can be a real make-or-break point of your season. If we can beat Barnsley we can begin to open up a gap between us and them, and relax a bit.

I have to mention our fans; they have been really good to us. The attendances normally go up and down but we get an average of 22,000 for every home game, which is great! It helps so much to have them behind us, and to see the ground almost full really spurs you on.

There's still quite a bit of talk about a takeover happening at Leicester City, but it doesn’t affect the team, not from my point of view anyway. I don’t see how it could affect the way you play, it's not in your hands! Other players might think about it more, but I have got a long contract so I am happy and settled. Initially I don’t think there would be any drastic changes anyway. It would only benefit the club- having funds and big-name players come in would help our bid to reach the Premiership.

We don’t talk about the Premiership all the time, but I want to be there. Most players do and it's a dream for any professional footballer. We have got a great set-up here, and the fans remember those times from the O'Neill era. We just take each game as it comes, but personally it’s where I want to be. That’s where you can get on telly, and build your profile, it is what you want!

Anyway, we have already got a Premiership ground and training ground, so we're all set, should it happen. But the results indicate where you are meant to be, and ours aren’t Premiership-class yet but hopefully that will change in the not-to-distant future.

We are pretty happy with our FA Cup draw against Fulham. It's always nice to come up against Premiership opposition, but at the same time it’s a difficult game. In all honesty, if you want a Premiership team you want one of the very top teams, and Fulham are just there in the middle. But I'm sure it will be good and it's always nice to test yourself against Premiership opposition. It's at home for us, so we can approach the match with optimism but at the moment the Barnsley is the only game we are thinking about.

A fully fit Fryatt might be ok in the Premiership. He's got no pace, but he's young, and he should be looking to players like Sheringham for inspiration, but that's just my opinion.

Am I the only one who's annoyed by this? It sounds to me as though he thinks he's practically made it and will coast into the prem given his chance, when actually this boy's got a lot of work to do to get his own sh*t together before he starts banging on about his short term contract (as if prem clubs are queueing up to sign him on a Bosman) and his premiership dream. Ambition is all very well and good but you can't expect to fire a cannon from a dinghy.

Land of a thousand words from the Scissor Sisters starts playing on the radio and I start to think what it would be like back in the Premiership. Memories :cry:

Sitting at work in New Zealand 12,000 miles away and that song out of 4,000 on my ipod just started playing on my computer as I read your post, how spooky is that, Ok not very, but I'm taking it as an omen that we'll get promoted this season. :whistle:

Sitting at work in New Zealand 12,000 miles away and that song out of 4,000 on my ipod just started playing on my computer as I read your post, how spooky is that, Ok not very, but I'm taking it as an omen that we'll get promoted this season. :whistle:

Stop listening to your ipod and get on with your work you poncy designer type :P Happy christmas

Am I the only one who's annoyed by this? It sounds to me as though he thinks he's practically made it and will coast into the prem given his chance, when actually this boy's got a lot of work to do to get his own sh*t together before he starts banging on about his short term contract (as if prem clubs are queueing up to sign him on a Bosman) and his premiership dream. Ambition is all very well and good but you can't expect to fire a cannon from a dinghy.
Probably. It looked to me like someone who dreamed of playing in the top flight, not someone who felt they should be.

Getting mentioned in the same breath as Teddy Sheringham should lift his spirits. :thumbup:

Yes, he will be lifting glasses of whisky at that comparison!!!

Like many young playera at this level, they all want to play in the prem, with take over and the possible added cash into the club, he may well be looking for a better future! But first I think he should be trying to get into the starting eleven and establish himself as a regular player!!

I think the only player we are missing at the moment is Andy Johnson who has had some problems with his ankle - but he's on the mend now. We definitely miss having him in the team, but it's a blow to lose anyone from our squad through injury.

No-one else think this is a bit odd? I always thought Johnson was a bit shite.

No-one else think this is a bit odd? I always thought Johnson was a bit shite.

As do I, as do most other people who watch us play. I think we're all actually happy Johnson is out injured and not playing for us. Results seem a bit better for it as well. Silly, silly boy Matthew!

Archived