Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Louise

Welsh Leaves

I've just checked - tt doesn't say anything about this on Sunderland website either. :unsure:

Is this the BBC cocking up again? :angry:

Probably not...

After all, Roy Keane was expecting him to return soon anyway, with his deal up at the end of the month. There's not much point keeping him around for the last 4 days if the management don't intend on using him at all.

official site

lwicd i thought that they extended his trial for another week

if they did sign him last thursday his name + number would of been on the program against cardiff

I think he's joking, mate. :thumbup::doh:

:thumbsup:

You've been had, joeb, mate... Sorry. :blush:

official site

lwicd i thought that they extended his trial for another week

if they did sign him last thursday his name + number would of been on the program against cardiff

printing time and xmas mate............................

Apparently Keane was looking for a fee for him, which we were never going to pay.

The fact that by the end of his spell he'd fallen below Josh Low in the pecking order tells us all we need to know.

The article seems to think he was here 'til the end of the season. :ph34r:

I've never been clear on his loan... lol

BBC sloppy journalism as usual, he was just on loan until the Jan transfer window.

As has been suggested elsewhere, him going out and Cadamarteri coming in at the same time is no surprise as we've been told for a while that we couldn't afford any more players, even on loan, so one had to go for another coming in. Makes you realise how much we need investment, I am fully expecting someone to go in January at the moment.

BBC sloppy journalism as usual, he was just on loan until the Jan transfer window.

As has been suggested elsewhere, him going out and Cadamarteri coming in at the same time is no surprise as we've been told for a while that we couldn't afford any more players, even on loan, so one had to go for another coming in. Makes you realise how much we need investment, I am fully expecting someone to go in January at the moment.

Defo highlights the desperate situation right now, without the MM deal going thru there will be a loss in Jan in order for us to strengthen other areas! :(

Good. We didn't need him in the first place, was a pointless signing.

You're right - but it's funny how, when he arrived so many fans were happy to see him take Levi's place and barely even questioned where the little fella had gone.

And that despite the fact there was never anything in Welsh's armoury to suggest he was even close to the same class as Levi.

Someone will explain one day why "outside" players often seem to have more appeal in the fans eyes than their own Academy products.

I just thank providence Welsh didn't perform. Otherwise Levi would have been waiting in the wings again and he'd likely have disappeared from the reckoning along with Dodds and Sheehan.

People talk about Kelly knowing best. But I never heard them asking why a bloke like Roy Keane didn't want Welsh?

Archived