Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Do you honestly think another manager would do better?

<_< Nope

But really, Ok say kelly was sacked, who would be able to come in and do a good job with the current bunch of crap we have? Probably nobody.

So it's Ok saying you want kelly out, but who would replace him?

I know his team selections are puzzling at times, but every team selection is puzzling when you have virtually nobody in your team who is any good at all.

When you have no money, it's hard to get good players in. If we had Milan's cash, who knows what might happen? We need some quality within the squad and quick.

<_< Nope

But really, Ok say kelly was sacked, who would be able to come in and do a good job with the current bunch of crap we have? Probably nobody.

I know his team selections are puzzling at times, but every team selection is puzzling when you have virtually nobody in your team who is any good at all.

When you have no money, it's hard to get good players in. If we had Milan's cash, who knows what might happen? We need some quality within the squad and quick.

Thats a good post, we have quite a few players to choose from but the thing is, they are all cack and not suited to a 4-4-2 formation

Yip, a baboon could do a better job than Kelly, Fat Mike and League Two.

Listen, the players are not playing for him so another manager would clearly get more out of the players, not saying they'd be world beaters but I am sure they'd play with a bit of heart.

Listen, the players are not playing for him so another manager would clearly get more out of the players, not saying they'd be world beaters but I am sure they'd play with a bit of heart.

lol yeah Ok.... ;)

i dont think another manager would be able to, i think we should give kelly till the end of the season at least if we've not picked up at all then bye but if we have find some money and give it him so he can get a bigger squad and bring in players he WANTS too

There are plenty of managers out there. Joe Royal, David O' Leary, Nigel Worthington, Graeme Souness, Alex McCleish etc. They wouldn't be my idea choices but there are a lot out there to be chosen.

There may be managers out there but what could they do with the awful squad we have and no money?

<_< Nope

I don't believe all our players are lousy. They've even had some decent results at times.

My biggest concern about Kelly is that he seems like a one trick pony perisisting with his 4-4-2 system despite having no right winger, no attacking left-back and no midfielders who can attack the box.

Not only that but coaching wise I look at our corners where no-one attacks the near post, where we never play a short ball or one to the edge of the box ball, where our free kicks simply don't have enough variety, where throw-ins prompt no space-making movement. I also look at the virtually static way we move forward and wonder what the hell we do on the training pitch apart from re-doubling our efforts.

I look at the how many seemingly unfit footballers we have. Even without a reserve team there's no excuse for it.

I look at bizarre situations where players disappear off the scene for months, where guys like Dodds get ignored for no apparent reason, where blokes like Cadamarteri get dragged off the streets for a game ahead of guys like Dodds and I'm bewildered.

I look at where we are as an attractive or even simply an effective football team compared with, say 12/18 months ago and I see no progress.

Cash is all very well but signings, even on loan, like Brevett, Johnson, Low, Welsh, Kenton and Cadamarteri just don't inspire confidence.

Whatever we decide needs to be on the basis of avoiding relegation again. There is no chance of anything better this year and yet, with inspired management, we might have played perfectly respectably.

But if the worst comes to the worst and we can't get a good manager, I'd prefer Beaglehole to Kelly.

Cos I'm not convinced RK will get lucky twice.

Not this season, but maybe next.

He's a firefighter, but not a man for kicking on with. He'll keep us up, I'm certain of it, and then hopefully the club can replace him amicably and give a new man a full pre-season to settle.

He's a firefighter, but not a man for kicking on with. He'll keep us up, I'm certain of it, and then hopefully the club can replace him amicably and give a new man a full pre-season to settle.

i think your'e right.

I agree with that 100%

I think we should stick with him til the end of the season and then tell him it's time to go.

I might be asking for too much here but would it be at all possible to request a new manager and, if I may be so bold, to enquire as to whether we could acquire a gentleman who, when asked to prepare a football team to partake in a match, attempts to create some sort of attacking tactics or vaguely forward-minded approach and selects eleven fit players who may have a chance of carrying out said tactics?

Cos I'm ****ing sick and tired of watching eleven twats wander round a field with blue shirts on without any semblence of looking like they have a collective idea as to how to score a ****ing goal.

Happened last season when Levein was sacked, they started playing for him so why does this change?

after he's been in the job 12 months lets compare the stats with levein. not sure what they will be but it's hard to see us getting another point in jan.

but for his signings could other managers with better contacts done any better for the same expenditure?

mcauley maybe not

johnson yes

brevitt on loan yes

welsh on loan yes

low yes

danny c not proven yet

kenton 50/50 here but on todays showing yes.

abiltiy to adopt different tactics when the situation requires it. lacking completley.

handling of so-called senior pros. generally crap (de vries for eg)

not stacking up too well on kelly's side at the moment.

We went Scottish before and it didn't work ...

That's it then! Never again! What's that? Alex Ferguson, you say? Walter Smith? William f**king Wallace?

Nope, they can all f**k off cos one of the Proclaimers managed us and he was f**king rubbish, therefore they all must be a bunch of know-nothing cretins.

Archived