Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Do you honestly think another manager would do better?

Why are we only looking at managers without a club?

There are some good managers in the lower leagues, like Martin Allen @ MkDons, who would put some passion back into the squad.

Anything for me is better than Kelly...

He would be happy with 46 0-0's in a season......

Change needed ASAP....

We should have sacked Kelly in the summer and put the academy director in charge? What reason would they have had for doing that at the time?

I was more talking about taking a risk instead of being content with mediocrity. It's the only chance we have of being successful again unless Milan comes in to make those vital decisions.

I was more talking about taking a risk instead of being content with mediocrity. It's the only chance we have of being successful again unless Milan comes in to make those vital decisions.

To be fair, based on last season we didn't have any particular reason to doubt Kelly could get us at least into the top half.

I do see your general point, though.

Why are we only looking at managers without a club?

There are some good managers in the lower leagues, like Martin Allen @ MkDons, who would put some passion back into the squad.

Anything for me is better than Kelly...

He would be happy with 46 0-0's in a season......

Change needed ASAP....

£Â£Ã‚£Ã‚£Ã‚£

Allen would require us to splash at least a couple of hundred grand to prise him away from MK.

Without Mandaric, that's highly unlikely. That's why unattached managers are being mentioned - in case the Mandaric millions fail to materialize. :ph34r:

To be fair, based on last season we didn't have any particular reason to doubt Kelly could get us at least into the top half.

I do see your general point, though.

I had great doubts - after our first Cup match against Southampton, in the run in to the end of the season when Kelly stuck with his regular side, after the Real Sociedad friendly, when I realised who our new signings would be for the season and the defensive way he started the new campaign, the way we played at Wednesday on the back of a run of results and, of course after our last two embarrassments.

Managing kids and managing full-time adult professionals is rather different. and so's the standard of football played. As for 'top of his league', we might as well get Dag & Red's manager by that logic.

He'd be way out of his depth.

I see a lot of experienced managers out of their depth and a few novice managers like Keane who have the personality to make any group of players play above themselves.

Novice managers are like novice players really - you never know how good they'll be until you give them an opportunity.

No money, poor players, whatever.

Kelly's tactics are baffling and yes I do think someone with a bit of know how would get the team performing better.

Here here..lets face it I honestly believe it's got so bad that if they sacked Kelly and said to the players "sort it out yourselves"..we would do better!

I might be asking for too much here but would it be at all possible to request a new manager and, if I may be so bold, to enquire as to whether we could acquire a gentleman who, when asked to prepare a football team to partake in a match, attempts to create some sort of attacking tactics or vaguely forward-minded approach and selects eleven fit players who may have a chance of carrying out said tactics?

Cos I'm ****ing sick and tired of watching eleven twats wander round a field with blue shirts on without any semblence of looking like they have a collective idea as to how to score a ****ing goal.

well said!!! i dont think we have a good bunch of players but they seem so unorganised and lacklustre , we have a shite manager and a shite bunch of players too.bigtime shake up well and truly needed , particularly the backs and the midfield....the whole scenario this season has left me in bitz..its like watchin the slow destruction of your club, thru a bunch of disheartened ,inept bunch of tossers in blue shirts...its alright sayin get behind the team,your not helping.......they need to give us something to cheer on for fuks sake.cmon mandaric and bring your own manager aswell!!!!

Steve Beaglehole would try to attack before we got a goal down - but despite being top of his League and despite his previous success here and elsewhere, despite his probably having as good a knowledge of young players as anyone in the land - his wouldn't be a fashionable name to put forward.

Kellys record at youth level with Blackburn is better than anything Beaglehole has currently achieved.

At the end of the day there are managers out there who could make us a better team, that is without question. Unfortunately they cost money we currently do not have. If MM comes in then it is a completely different story!!

If he doesn't then I think I would rather settle for another period of time with Kelly in charge, until we got to a point where we could go out and get someone proven at this level. Rather than spending money on someone from the lower divisions now hoping they could cut the mustard in our league.

Kellys record at youth level with Blackburn is better than anything Beaglehole has currently achieved.

At the end of the day there are managers out there who could make us a better team, that is without question. Unfortunately they cost money we currently do not have. If MM comes in then it is a completely different story!!

If he doesn't then I think I would rather settle for another period of time with Kelly in charge, until we got to a point where we could go out and get someone proven at this level. Rather than spending money on someone from the lower divisions now hoping they could cut the mustard in our league.

Are you an optimist or a masochist?.

Are you an optimist or a masochist?.

So you believe in change for changes sake?

I'm not optimistic about Kellys reign at all. I'm fairly confident we would sit pretty much where we are now with him in charge though.

If another year sitting where we are now means some money could be freed up one way or another to get a good proven manager from this division, then i'm willing to do that. Rather than sack him now and have to get some reject that has been sacked elsewhere, or someone so far down the league that they are as inexperienced at this level as Kelly is.

I'm not in charge of our accounts so I can't see if that is viable or not. But it's an option.

At the end of the day you want to get someone who has worse credentials than Kelly, that says it all. You can bleat on about style of play etc. I did some research and found quite a few match reports about Kellys Blackburn youth team a while back. You'd be surprised about the comments made on their style of play in many of the reports.

I see a lot of experienced managers out of their depth and a few novice managers like Keane who have the personality to make any group of players play above themselves.

Keane spent 3.7m on players. Makes the job a bit easier when you can spend that money in this division. Christ we could only afford their 3rd choice reject left winger.

Money isn't everything, colchester are proof of that. I think you are using a poor example in Keane with the resources he had.

Keane spent 3.7m on players. Makes the job a bit easier when you can spend that money in this division. Christ we could only afford their 3rd choice reject left winger.

Money isn't everything, colchester are proof of that. I think you are using a poor example in Keane with the resources he had.

You've just contradicted yourself there mate.

If Mandaric comes in with his "millions" do you really trust Kelly to spend it with his track record of recent signings?i know hes not had much money to spend but it dosent give us much confidence.Bring in Jamie Redknapp(im clutching at straws here),imagine what sort of contacts hes got?and he seems to know what hes talking about.Anythings better then what we have at the minute.

If Mandaric comes in with his "millions" do you really trust Kelly to spend it with his track record of recent signings?i know hes not had much money to spend but it dosent give us much confidence.Bring in Jamie Redknapp(im clutching at straws here),imagine what sort of contacts hes got?and he seems to know what hes talking about.Anythings better then what we have at the minute.

Do you live in the real world or just an FM world?

There are plenty of managers with those resources - we've had our own - who still cock up.

There was more to Keane's team yesterday than just the money they cost. I didn't notice them playing too well before he arrived.

For me the main thing was the speed they broke forward and the numbers they got into and around the box. Very Manchester United in their style which is perhaps understandable.

We don't pick the sort of players who could ever do that. And even when we do pick footballers we turn them into foragers and part-time defenders

Hume and Porter have been forced further and further back. We don't even have an attacker on the right wing any longer (have we even got one?) and our supposed main striker, Fryatt, is unfit.

No wonder we score so few.

Of course money makes a difference. But that's no excuse for playing people who are half-fit or even worse.

It's a recipe for disaster.

I don't care about Kelly's record in youth management because I've seen him at senior level and I'm not impressed in any way at all.

People tell me Beaglehole has a good record elsewhere as well as at Leicester and he seems to have his team in the right place five points clear at the top of the League with 90-odd goals to their credit. I'm not a soothsayer. I don't know how he'd do with seniors.

But I have seen his approach on good days and bad. And I like it. But I am not carrying a flag for him cos I wouldn't mind someone else being manager who was a genuinely attacking, innovative and inspiring. It's just that such people aren't likely to be wandering around jobless.

The lack of alternatives has truthfully made me cautious about wanting Kelly out but Monday's debacle was indefensible in every way and Saturday's was even worse in terms of performance. As I've said too many times, its not all about results but about where Kelly seems to be taking us.

And the answer seems to be down a long, dark cul-de-sac.

Too many players look unfit, it's hard to understand but we look woefully coached in many ways, the team is unbalanced, his signings are inept, his selections inexplicable, his system is rigid, his tactics ineffective, his treatment of players apparently bizarre at times and his explanations either non-existent or complete gobbledegook.

Right now, in the absence of a glittering alternative, my own feeling is that Bealglehole would be a Godsend.

I'm the only one who thinks Jamie Redknapp talks as much balls as he doesn sense on Sky Sports?

keane was forced to play that team.

he only had 2 fit defenders, so he had to play a midfielder in whitehead at right back and a winger in wallace at left back. he then had to play a striker in elliot on the right wing.

he was forced to play a very attacking team and it worked against our shoddy defensive outfit. It was just like a game of attack versus defence.

Errr no I didn't... Saying money isn't everything but it helps in not a contradiction. As for Mandaric, you should read my first post in this thread where I said with MMs money it is a different situation all together.

Anyone who can defend Kelly after the last two performances must either, not have whitnessed them, or be rediculously loyal. Don't get me wrong, league position wise we are doing alot better than i expected given our performances since RK took charge, but the bloke persistances in picking underperforming players is just driving me mad. Matty Fryatt for instance (I know some people on here think he is class), looks at best a League 2 player, his 1st touch is shocking he doesnt know when or where to release the ball but when Hume is to be brought on, off comes COG (who along with Porter was our only threat) and fryatt remains to be poor. His decision to bring off Weso (instead of hughes) for Cadimartri was equally baffeling.

I don't much care about Mandarics Millions, but one good thing will come out of it should it happen, the Kelly supporter can't use the old we can't get anyone better as we have no monet to attract them.

There was more to Keane's team yesterday than just the money they cost. I didn't notice them playing too well before he arrived.

You mean before the £3.7 million was spent!! At the end of the day he bought in players like Kavanagh and Connolly who are class players at this level. If MM came in and any manager we had spent £3.7m on players in this league i'd expect to be be more than 8pts higher up the league like Sunderland are.

I don't care about Kelly's record in youth management because I've seen him at senior level and I'm not impressed in any way at all.

I'm not bothered about beaglhomes, as we have seen from Kelly youth cups/leagues mean nothing.

For me the main thing was the speed they broke forward and the numbers they got into and around the box. Very Manchester United in their style which is perhaps understandable.

Keane will no doubt turn out to be a good manager, he had all the credentials as a player that you would need to be one and he worked under one of the greatest. Probably why Sunderland are paying £1m+ a year to get him.

I'd be amazed if we could afford a quarter of that at the moment.

You mean before the £3.7 million was spent!! At the end of the day he bought in players like Kavanagh and Connolly who are class players at this level. If MM came in and any manager we had spent £3.7m on players in this league i'd expect to be be more than 8pts higher up the league like Sunderland are.

I'm not bothered about beaglhomes, as we have seen from Kelly youth cups/leagues mean nothing.

Keane will no doubt turn out to be a good manager, he had all the credentials as a player that you would need to be one and he worked under one of the greatest. Probably why Sunderland are paying £1m+ a year to get him.

I'd be amazed if we could afford a quarter of that at the moment.

a) Look where Leeds are after all the money they've spent over the years.

b) Most people earn their chance by working at a lower level first.

c) If you want something enough you find ways of getting it.

Archived