Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Lad

Our Best Player

Hume & Kisnorbo.

Porter & McAuley have impressed me immensly, but as it's their first season at this level, i'm going to give them more time before I herald them as our best players. They certainly are going in the right direction as being good enough to play at this level and higher on a consistent basis.

Porter was superb yet again on saturday, bollocks to his supposed lack of height. He's strong and fearless. I hope he doesn't rest on his laurels, like certain youngsters we've thought will make the grade and haven't.

Hume & Kisnorbo.

Porter & McAuley have impressed me immensly, but as it's their first season at this level, i'm going to give them more time before I herald them as our best players. They certainly are going in the right direction as being good enough to play at this level and higher on a consistent basis.

Porter was superb yet again on saturday, bollocks to his supposed lack of height. He's strong and fearless. I hope he doesn't rest on his laurels, like certain youngsters we've thought will make the grade and haven't.

I thought Kelly made a good point about that. Talking about Porter he said: "He's a good footballer - when you're Levi's size you've got to be."

I imagine Levi's already realised he has to work hard on his strong points to stop people dismissing his prospects simply because of his size and their perception of his strength.

Some have questioned his strength as well as his height but, like you, I think he is strong. In the reserves he remained virtually ever present whatever tough defenders tried to do to him and, touch wood, it's been the same in the first team.

His balance and close control make him a difficult player to "get at" for defenders in any case.

But he also seems strong in his mind. He's a disciplined player, always looking for the next job to do, always considering what's right in the circumstances, and, while I don't say it's never happened, he never seems to react and get booked for no reason.

He just takes the knocks and gets on with it. Gradel could learn so much from him, as could one or two other young players when it comes to making the best of their ability and opportunities.

Is there a team in this league that has 5 better players under the age of 21 than we have?

Matty Fryatt

Ryan Smith

Richard Stearman

Alan Sheehan

James Wesolowski

Infact none of that list is over the age of 19!!!!

Then you've got Iain Hume, Paddy McCarthy and Stephen Hughes who all miss out by a year and Ashley Chambers who will join the list in a year or two.

I know it counts for nothing if we don't pick up points, but surely it's something to be proud of? I certainly like the policy Levein has in signing players, it might a good idea to sign one or two talented experienced players but i'm delighted with the majority of Levein's transfers. It's great to see that his last 2 signings have both been English albeit one of them is only on loan but even so it's good to see a few young fellow countrymen playing for Leicester.

Just dug this up. Still same idea dude?

Archived