Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Lad

Our Best Player

Who would you say was our best player not just for quality but for constantly puting in great performances?

I would have to go for Porter or McAuley. Porter just shows so much potental with his great runs down the left, he shown how good he is against Fulham, some of the Premiership's best where scared of him. McAuley is just top-class. Outstanding performances week-in week-out.

I want to say Hume but recently he has had a small "dip" in form.

If i had to choose one - Gareth McAuley

This season, McAuley and Kisnorbo have been consistently amazing, especially McAuley. Hume gives everything every week but his form is up and down imo. Nils is also very consistent.

Totally agree until you mentioned johansson. In my view his only consistancy is in giving the ball away

McAuley has been the player of the season, for me. Outstanding.

Levi is certainly good but probably needs a little more work on his all around game. His dribbling is outstanding but when that gets cut out, as it has been by a few clubs, then he looks very ordinary. His crossing and passing aren't awful but a bit of work on them wouldn't do him any harm.

McAuley's started well for us but is essentially a slow but cultured defender.

Levi turns up everywhere. He even filled in at right back yesterday when McAuley moved forward for set pieces.

I remember one tight defensive situation yesterday where Levi had nowhere to go but flicked the ball up and volleyed it over his shoulder and down the wing. Three touches and they'd have had him. But he quickly sized up the situation and did the one thing I could see which would get him out of it.

No, for all the things that's expected of him beyond being simply a winger Porter, to me, is our best all round footballer and, happily, he's has particular effect because he's amassing a decent number of assists and goals.

His big asset is that his control is usually so instant and his decision making so appropriate to the situation.

I'd rate Kisnorbo as being highly consistent too and probably alongside Porter as our best or most important player. He's always committed and brave as a defender - I don't think I've ever seen his head drop - but those goals of his are a real bonus and something he should be proud of.

The timing of his runs and his single mindedness make him really dangerous when he attacks the box and if he could ever learn to play simple, quick passes accurately, he'd be one of the best centre-backs our club has had.

McAuley makes a lot of what he's got but I felt he was at fault for one of their goals yesterday and for the reason I remain so concerned about - his frustrating lack of pace.

Is there no way the guy can get quicker? Cos his football brain at a faster speed would make him one formidable opponent.

Hume too deserves praise for his consistency this season in difficult circumstances. How frustrated he must get at times but he shouldl benefit as we start to develop a faster, more skillful side.

Overall:

1st equal: Porter and Kisnorbo.

3rd: Hume.

4th: McAuley.

This season, McAuley and Kisnorbo have been consistently amazing, especially McAuley. Hume gives everything every week but his form is up and down imo. Nils is also very consistent.

Not Kisnorbo, sorry to say he hasn't impressed with his defending. Tremendous scoring which could explain why Levein wanted him in midfield. He needs to really work on the distribution/communication part of defending.

Not Kisnorbo, sorry to say he hasn't impressed with his defending. Tremendous scoring which could explain why Levein wanted him in midfield. He needs to really work on the distribution/communication part of defending.

Why, he only scores headers from set pieces?

Kisnorbo for me

Solid in defence and a handful at set-pieces, having scored vital goals for us.

Seconded. He's the only player we have who would be able to hold down a regular place in a Premiership team and do well.

Williams could if he pulled his finger out more, and if he carries on improving Levi could reach at that level aswell, but at the moment it's gotta be Paddy K.

Technically (with the football at his feet) Gareth Williams is arguably our best player. However on overall performances Kisnorbo and Porter have been a breath of fresh air.

Agreed :thumbup:

Kisnorbo has being our best player this season. But when Williams becomes involved he gives us that little more creativity in the middle of the park.

considering the service we give the front men i think Hume deserves a lot of credit for the goals he has scored. He's also a great link up player, provides an all energy display and wins a remarkable number of headers.

I will say Kisnorbo though for the reasons given above.

Archived