Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Wishful gloss on Matt

I don't make the decision. But i trust RK's judgement as he watches the players day in day out....

he's is in the best position to make the judgement.

I'm aware of that but you still did a Tony Blair and sidestepped the question? I asked who you thought was best of the two.

I'm aware of that but you still sidestepped the question? I asked who you thought was best of the two.

Apologises, got carried away with the whole RK thing.

Personally, i wouldnt play either of them.

I can see why RK's gambled on DC, and also understand why he hasnt put Dodds in the side.

i'd look elsewhere, which hopefully he will....

(again i've dodged the question !)

Short answer then, I think Cadamarteri is the better of the two...

only because he look s the more exciting of the two when on the pitch. When he gets the ball it looks like somethings going to happen.

only because he look s the more exciting of the two when on the pitch. When he gets the ball it looks like somethings going to happen.

Now he is gonna say you dont know how exciting Dodds is because he hasn't been given a chance!!!!

Play King in midfield thas what I say!!!! :)

"I thought that MF was arguably our best player last night. After he got the goal he really did seem to look a lot sharper and more interested."

I concur! It shows why it was worth sticking with him though. He has been threatening to do that for some time (as pointed out by many of us) and last night he did it. That confidence boost, and the way the fans got behind him, can only do good things for him. I think in Hume-Fryatt we have a partnership that without injury and with good support from midfield can get us into the playoffs (perhaps not this season now).

I said in my posts yesterday that I hoped he'd score and that I hoped it might restore some confidence. My point was that he hadn't dione it all season up to Janury 17, 2007 and it couldn't continue.

Furthermore I still think ignoring Dodds is a mistake and was a mistake last night. We had only one alternative striker on the bench last night, Fryatt and Hume seemed to find it harder later on and while Cadamarteri is a worthwhile gamble there is no way he's a striker of Dodds consistency.

I think the last thing we needed last night was more inexperience in the side. That's not a reflection on Dodds, i'm sure he's very level-headed, but if anything we needed not more younger players but some cooler heads who have been there before and can cope with it. To be honest Cadamarteri came on in place of Hughes and did an ok job, bearing in mind his last few performances it's hard to see why RK wouldn't bring him on.

"I thought that MF was arguably our best player last night. After he got the goal he really did seem to look a lot sharper and more interested."

I concur! It shows why it was worth sticking with him though. He has been threatening to do that for some time (as pointed out by many of us) and last night he did it. That confidence boost, and the way the fans got behind him, can only do good things for him. I think in Hume-Fryatt we have a partnership that without injury and with good support from midfield can get us into the playoffs (perhaps not this season now).

Spot on. I've criticised him when he's deserved it and now well... praise where it's due, he had a really good game. I just hope he can carry this forwards in to the league. He got a bit of space last night and I don't think he'll be afforded that often in the Championship.

Still... here's hoping. :thumbup:

Matty Fryatt did have a very good game last night. His hold-up play is so much better, he's obviously been working on it on the training ground, and his goal was very well taken. Credit to him, he's had some criticism recently but he's risen to it and looking back to his best.

I have a feeling we're not gonna be seeing Elvis for a while. :ph34r:

Apologises, got carried away with the whole RK thing.

Personally, i wouldnt play either of them.

I can see why RK's gambled on DC, and also understand why he hasnt put Dodds in the side.

i'd look elsewhere, which hopefully he will....

(again i've dodged the question !)

Short answer then, I think Cadamarteri is the better of the two...

:D:D:D

You're right - the great thing about Dodds is that nothing looks like happening until it does. No-one earmarks him as a special threat, he's easily overlooked and at the end of the game he's invariably got his name on the scoresheet.

But thanks for your answer. We'll see how things pan out. Hopefully Cadamarteri will fulfil his promise but I rather think he'll do what he's done before - start well and fade.

Matty is back......well i hope so,quality performance and hes deserved that goal. Played well against Colchester too,should have had one there but lets hope hes back to his best and he can show us that sharpness and quality that he did last year.

Fryatt was quality yesterday. He looked in shame and hungry for goals (at times I was hoping he would pass it!!) but all the best strikers are selfish and I`d settle for a hungry Fryatt than the one we have seen who cant be bothered at times. What people seem to forget is that he is still a young lad who has had so much pressure put on his shoulders after his transfer from Walsall. That cant be easy can it??!

I also agree that we should`nt put anymore youngsters in the team quite yet, not until we are safe from relegation and then maybe unleash the likes of King and Dodds.

I said in my posts yesterday that I hoped he'd score and that I hoped it might restore some confidence. My point was that he hadn't dione it all season up to Janury 17, 2007 and it couldn't continue.

Furthermore I still think ignoring Dodds is a mistake and was a mistake last night. We had only one alternative striker on the bench last night, Fryatt and Hume seemed to find it harder later on and while Cadamarteri is a worthwhile gamble there is no way he's a striker of Dodds consistency.

I think it is a bit early to say that - DC has changed many people's preconceptions, mine included.

I am very glad that Matty has found the net now though. Could it be that he sees DC as competition for the striker spot? We'll have to wait and see.

I think it is a bit early to say that - DC has changed many people's preconceptions, mine included.

I am very glad that Matty has found the net now though. Could it be that he sees DC as competition for the striker spot? We'll have to wait and see.

We'll see. If DC turns out a better goalscorer than Dodds it'll be something to look forward to. :thumbup:

Well he is already a better goalscorer than Dodds in professional level football

Yes and when he was doing it Dodds was about 12/13.

It's a pity we cannot put it to a real test. Because I would have a modest bet with you that over any sample of 25 matches or more that Dodds would finish the higher scorer.

Yes and when he was doing it Dodds was about 12/13.

It's a pity we cannot put it to a real test. Because I would have a modest bet with you that over any sample of 25 matches or more that Dodds would finish the higher scorer.

OK id take that bet :P , 5 squid says in the next fifteen appearances they make for lcfc first team dodds would not score more than cada?

Archived