Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

RK Didnt want Williams to leave

If anyone follows you williams could be the 1st player hated by both city and forest.

Could be the begining of a wonderful new relationship between Forest and City, based around are shattered dreams and tattered history! :smile: !

The club offered Williams a new contract but he said he'd rather play for watford so fair play to the club :thumbup:

According to them, the deal they offered him would have seen him become one of the top earners in our squad and was much better than the one he was on at the time. He obviously felt it was high time he was playing in the Premiership, so he left. Fair play to both the club and him.

It was inevitable we'd lose at least one of our better players in this transfer window imo. I'm just glad it wasn't Hume or Kisnorbo. That would have been a disaster.

According to them, the deal they offered him would have seen him become one of the top earners in our squad and was much better than the one he was on at the time. He obviously felt it was high time he was playing in the Premiership, so he left. Fair play to both the club and him.

It was inevitable we'd lose at least one of our better players in this transfer window imo. I'm just glad it wasn't Hume or Kisnorbo. That would have been a disaster.

The thing i don't understand is. Watford have just sold their best player, and look odds-on to get relegated.

Had he stayed, he would've been one of the top earners here, and with the prospect of MM coming in, and possible promotion, he would've at least gained some stability. He'll be back down here next season.

Not too fussed about Williams. Yes, he was probably the most talented player we had ability wise - but if you can't be arsed most of the time then what use is that?

Off the wage bill, got some money, loveleh stuff.

The thing i don't understand is. Watford have just sold their best player, and look odds-on to get relegated.

Had he stayed, he would've been one of the top earners here, and with the prospect of MM coming in, and possible promotion, he would've at least gained some stability. He'll be back down here next season.

Maybe he's been offered more money by Watford than he was in his improved deal here?? And anyway, if he believes his own hype, he's more than capable of doing a job in the Premiership, so a move up there could work out well for him and all the effort he puts in could turn a few heads and attract bigger and better things for him. :dunno:

Either way, it's the lure of Premiership football that has swayed it for him imo. We could well go down, and Watford will definitely be no lower than the Second Tier of English football next season.

RK might not have wanted him to leave but gotta say he wasnt the best of players at times so 200k is swift business considering his contract was up in the summer :mellow:

Bottom line..he didn't want to stay..I think he did a service for us during his time here and although he's an ex tree and I should hold that against him I wish him all the best but hope he gets a kicking from one of our new premiership bound stars next season! :cool:

Let's face it, with the takeover on hold his gravy train at LCFC (conservatively estimated at over £1mill in 2 1/2 years based on £8 grand / week) was grinding to a halt, there was no way RK was going to offer him anything like the deal he had or the one Watford could afford.

It was simple case of economics supported by the fact that he appears to be money driven, no problem there as there is little else for the vast majority of footballers to aspire to as most are never going to win any major trophies.

As Thracian has said it is all getting a little too cosy at City for players and coach alike. :ph34r::huh::whistle::unsure:

I was thinking the same thing. RK seems to have got too close to the players and he finds it difficult to make brave decisions and do things like drop his favourites like Paddy Mac. Lets hope he develops a backbone over the next few months...

A mediocre player with a few glimpses of genius is no longer with us. Hardly ever showed the passion and commitment, didn't really live up to his expectations.

Let's see how he does at Watford during the last part of the season. That's when I'll be able to make a more thorough analysis.

Seeing that we even got some money out of it, I somehow consider this a (late) success story.

Perhaps he thinks there's a chance that another prem club might nick him off Watford...

At the very least, he'll be more in the public eye.

Or perhaps he just wants his model-style hair to be seen on telly on a regular basis :P

Archived