Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonesy_rules

Henman

From BBC

Latest score: Henman 6-1 2-2 Saulnier

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game-by-game updates:

Second set:

Henman 6-1 2-2 Saulnier

Henman draws level with the help of a lucky net cord and some perfectly executed half volleys. It is his second love game of the contest.

Henman 6-1 1-2 Saulnier

Saulnier is definitely back in the match and holds his serve comfortably. He has now only lost one point in two service games.

Henman 6-1 1-1 Saulnier

Boosted by his winner in the previous game, Saulnier puts the Henman serve under immense pressure and claims two break points. However the Briton saves them both to claim what could be a crucial hold.

Henman 6-1 0-1 Saulnier

Saulnier knows he has to start the second set well and produces a superb crosscourt forehand winner to take an early lead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First set:

Henman 6-1 Saulnier

Henman is in total control of proceedings and holds again when Saulnier puts a tame return into the net to win the set in just 28 minutes.

Henman 5-1 Saulnier

Saulnier is again in trouble on his serve as Henman claims his third break point of the set. The Frenchman drops serve after firing a sloppy backhand long.

Henman 4-1 Saulnier

Henman looks in total control of his service game and again he is placed under no pressure and wins the game to love.

Henman 3-1 Saulnier

Saulnier, who lost to Henman in the first round in Melbourne last year, finally gets on the scoreboard after saving a break point.

Henman 3-0 Saulnier

After struggling in his opening service game, Henman looks far more comfortable now and has no problem holding his serve again.

Henman 2-0 Saulnier

Henman puts Saulnier's serve under immediate and with some impressive groundstrokes, he claims the first break of the contest.

Henman 1-0 Saulnier

The British number one starts confidently enough but from 40-15 up, Henman is taken to deuce four times and saves one break point before holding serve.

COME ON TIGER

he'll probably reach quarters or semi's; all depends on the draw

if he comes against hewitt or federer (and maybe roddick but this isn't his best tornament) then he is screwed, federer especially is truely awsome and a delight to watch

if you don't like tennis just watch him, so consistent and making winners from off the court which just isn't allowed!

Henman is crap , can't believe he's Britians no1

55984[/snapback]

I can; we have nothing to offer at top international level, and we have neither the finances nor the desire to do anything about it.

Henman is crap , can't believe he's Britians no1

55984[/snapback]

I can; we have nothing to offer at top international level, and we have neither the finances nor the desire to do anything about it.

56266[/snapback]

I think the finances are there Louise, from Wimbledon and Davis Cup TV , but I don't think it's used very efficiently, I'm surel the Governing Body of Tennis, Wimbledon and the hangers on do very well out of it, but very little goes towards grass roots facilities.

It's a bit like footy at the moment as long as they fill the grounds and England make a reasonable hash of it we will continue to reward the Bigger' clubs out of all proportion to the rest of football, pay most players excessive fees compared to your average man in the street and suck in non - English footballers whilst the FA wallow in the glory of it all watching small clubs struggle on.

:mad::mad::mad:

1st rant of the week

I think the finances are there Louise, from Wimbledon and Davis Cup TV , but I don't think it's used very efficiently, I'm surel the Governing Body of Tennis, Wimbledon and the hangers on do very well out of it, but very little goes towards grass roots facilities.

It's a bit like footy at the moment as long as they fill the grounds and England make a reasonable hash of it we will continue to reward the Bigger' clubs out of all proportion to the rest of football, pay most players excessive fees compared to your average man in the street and suck in non - English footballers whilst the FA wallow in the glory of it all watching small clubs struggle on.

:mad:  :mad:  :mad:

1st rant of the week

56270[/snapback]

Louise??? :o:o:o

1st rant of the week

56270[/snapback]

56285[/snapback]

Oooooooooooooooooooooooops, my most sincere apologies LISA, what else can I say but doh!

:blush::blush::blush:

1st rant of the week

56270[/snapback]

56285[/snapback]

Oooooooooooooooooooooooops, my most sincere apologies LISA, what else can I say but doh!

:blush::blush::blush:

56316[/snapback]

Hehehe, no harm done!!

Back to the topic in hand.....

It has been said that there is a class issue with sports like tennis. Because of this, natural talent may be going unnoticed as parents cannot afford to sign their children up to tennis clubs etc.

What are people's thoughts on this?

the system of qualifying to become a professional is often overlooked

we can do as much as we like at home, however, players must take the chance in their life to go abroad and compete in the satelites. these are expensive, in the middle of nowhere often and against players who you've never heard of

yes the LTA should/are given them the support but a lot of players just don't want to take the chance in life as it can very easily go head under

Back to the topic in hand.....

It has been said that there is a class issue with sports like tennis.  Because of this, natural talent may be going unnoticed as parents cannot afford to sign their children up to tennis clubs etc.

What are people's thoughts on this?

56324[/snapback]

Agree with that this country should be awash with accessable, inexpensive sporting facilities including indoor tennis courts. We are supposed to be one of the riches countries in the world, but looking at our infrastructure and leasure facilities in no way reflects this and for it's size Leicester City and Leicestershire must be bottom of the league.

What's happened to all the lottery money, the Sky football money, Wimbledon TV mone, I tell you it's in peoples pockets that's where. If you go to other Euro Countries there is development of these facilities going on all over the place a lot funded by the European Community or whatever it's called, and that's another place where billions are disapearing into peoples pockets.

Corruption and Wastage Abounds

Another Rant :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Benji and Davie both make valid points.

To be honest, I believe that if you truly want something, you will get it. I spend my days daydreaming of what I could have been if only I could have got off my fat arse and done something about it.

However, at some point, money does come into the equation. People can only help themselves if the resources are there in the first place.

Britain may have a potential major tennis championship star out there, but the chances are that this person has never picked up a racquet in the first place because their school could not afford decent courts etc.

To me, it seems a shame that we have untapped potential for many different sports out there, yet the money is held by the few at the head of the game. It seems to me that people in this country are more concerned with lining their own pockets instead of giving us all some national pride, like our footballers.

Or maybe I'm an idealist living in a fantasy world!!

Archived