Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

West Brom Post Match Comments

Also, if you read the bits highlighted in bold, sounds to me like something's gone on between Horsfield and McShane. I didn't see anything between them, did anyone else? :unsure:

Barber said on RL that Horse elbowed him with intent, But Gibbo said it was the forearm with no intent.

Some think it was the other way round though with McShane elbowing Horse i can't see it though with what Mowbrays had to say.

Alright lads i was there today. I can't really disagree with too many of the comments from you Foxes.

My opinions are that it was a crap game made worse by an appalling referee. Although our pen was blatant, he did seem intent on trying to ruin the game from then on by giving free-kicks for just about anything and that goes for both sides although from where i was it did seem that he was trying to make it up to you at times :P - in fact, your goal came from a free-kick that was a perfectly good tackle. Good header though.

I didn't really see the Horsefield incident as i was on the other side of the ground but i can assure you that Mowbray doesn't have a rep for moaning about refs and it does take a lot to get him going. In fact, it's the first time since we've had him that he's spoken out about a ref's performance so he may have a point.

I also thought you might have had a pen yourselves in the 2nd half - i thought McShane handballed a cross.

As for the chances, well i think we had the more clear cut ones in the first half with Phillips, Kamara and Koren all having great opportunites but you also missed a SITTER - was it Kisnorbo?

From an Albion point of view it just felt like we never really got going today in comparison to some of our recent performances. Koumas was out of the game, Koren looked like a different player to the one that was superb the other night, Kamara showed flashes of his brilliance at times but we looked a shadow of the side that i have seen at times this season.

I guess your side deserves credit for that as you worked harder and looked like you wanted it more which is a disappointing thing to say as we are looking for promotion.

Anyway, goog luck for the rest of the season and let us all hope we don't see Uriah Rennie at The Hawthorns or The Walkers........ever again.

Although I'm disappointed not to have taken all three points, there were so many chances for each team that anyone could have won it 3 or 4-1.

So I take the draw, a much improved performance on Burnley and no critisicm due to any players except hughes - why was he in the team?

I've just read the match report and seen some highlights online... and I must say... we gave WBA a mighty shake yesterday afternoon... :)

The boys once again played with passion and commitment and they looked good in patches... consistency is a bit of an issue ATM.

I must say Hughes shouldn't have been there, I know he's the senior player, but he looked like he was lacking everything... needed another week playing park football perhaps.

I was pleased with Horse once more and reckon we should try and sign him up longterm, and the midfield at least showed some promise... which is encouraging.

I am disappointed not to get 3 points, but the ref wasn't great and I ain't getting into that, there's enough discussion in the thread to answer my opinions.

Overall though 1 point is good and keeps us midtable... which is much better than where we were a month ago... ;)

Goal Attempts 13 : 16 Goal Attempts

On Target 5 : 13 On Target

Crosses 20 : 13 Crosses

Corners 8 : 4 Corners

Offside 3 : 3 Offside

Fouls 26 : 11 Fouls

Free kicks 15 : 28 Free kicks

Yellow cards - : 1 Yellow cards

Red cards - : - Red cards

% Possession 53 : 47 Possession %

personally i think it was a fair result.

1 lucky to finih with 11 on the field. from where i sit horsfield deliberately elbowed their player in the face and should have been given a straight red.

2 we were knackered for the last 10 mins and only desperate defending saved a point.

3 the decision to play hughes was correct. he is a better all round player than any one else in that position. yeates may be better attacking but is a defensive liability and wba are top of the table so we needed better defensive players.

4 they had far more shots on target than we did.

5 we played some good stuff but are not consistent throughout a whole game.

big question though why do people think crtids davis is worth £10m and if he is worth that then what price kisnorbo or mccauley both of whom looked as good as him today?

The game was there for the taking. As the second half wore on, WBA seemed, to me, to be happy to settle for the point. I think the fact that when we did carve out some decent chances, yet we didn't have the quality to put them away is telling. Against good sides, like WBA, is shows.

We were well worth the point against a below-par West Brom side (their side is obviously quality, but they just didn't get going yesterday at all). Whether this was because we played well, they played badly or a bit of both I don't actually know, but it's just nice to compete with and outplay for large parts one of the top sides in the league without capitulating.

did anyone else make the mistake of walking round the back of the holiday inn to find out we're fenced in round the other side after the game???

Yeah me and my mates did the same. <_<

We were well worth the point against a below-par West Brom side (their side is obviously quality, but they just didn't get going yesterday at all). Whether this was because we played well, they played badly or a bit of both I don't actually know, but it's just nice to compete with and outplay for large parts one of the top sides in the league without capitulating.

i thought they didnt do that bad, we were just better (makes leicester sound better) :thumbup: we fully deserved the point, maybe even a win, still a cracking game.

Match stats from yesterdays game :

Leicester West Brom

Goals : 1 1

Possession : 53% 47%

Shots On Target : 5 13

Shots Off Target : 8 3

Corners : 8 4

Fouls : 26 11

Most Fouls : Jarrett (7) Gera (2)

Yellow Cards : 0 1

Red Cards : 0 0

i thought they didnt do that bad, we were just better (makes leicester sound better) :thumbup: we fully deserved the point, maybe even a win, still a cracking game.

If you'd have read on you'd have seen I was unsure of the reason for the part you highlighted. :rolleyes::P

Nah it was a good game though and maybe over time we'll convert games like that into wins, but lets not kid ourselves. West Brom are no mugs and they are where they are in this league on merit. We're very inconsistent and it's only for 2 good runs that we're not in the relegation zone.

If I'd have been offered a point before kick off for that game, I may have been tempted to take it, as I expected West Brom to give us a schooling yesterday.

Archived