Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

West Brom Post Match Comments

One point gained or two points dropped?

point gained! keeps us in 13th and they are like top of the league a gr8 result that proves we can play well against anyone in this league. we just need to build on it and win the rest of the games so we can get to the play-offs :P

:angry: Missed the last 6 minutes! Mrs Isle of Wight Fox asked me if I had time for a hug so I thought I'd better go along with it. Not worth the repecussions, "You always put Leicester City before me etc etc"

She didn't notice my own personal 'PMSL at Leeds' dampness lol

Missed the last 6 minutes! Mrs Isle of Wight Fox asked me if I had time for a hug so I thought I'd better go along with it. Not worth the repecussions, "You always put Leicester City before me etc etc"

She didn't notice my own personal 'PMSL at Leeds' dampness

Now you should have really worked that one IOWF, you could have turned it into a special hug...

:angry: Missed the last 6 minutes! Mrs Isle of Wight Fox asked me if I had time for a hug so I thought I'd better go along with it. Not worth the repecussions, "You always put Leicester City before me etc etc"

She didn't notice my own personal 'PMSL at Leeds' dampness lol

lol

Now you should have really worked that one IOWF, you could have turned it into a special hug...

Yeah... come on man... you abandoned City for just a hug? :angry:

You're so not a city fan.

By the way... the damp patch would have certainly helped...

"Did you piss yourself or are you just pleased to see me?" lol lol :ph34r:

tumbleweed.gif

WBA are a good side so a point is a decent result, especially when they must be fired up as they can get automatic promotion whilst we on paper havent much to play for.

I`m just personally gutted that we didnt pick up a few more points earlier in the season because anyone from 8th can win this division now. Its an unreal looking table with 8th on 59pts and the leaders are on 53. If we win our game in hand and had a few more points we would have been right in the mix! http://home.skysports.com/leaguetable.aspx...=10&clid=56

WBA are a good side so a point is a decent result, especially when they must be fired up as they can get automatic promotion whilst we on paper havent much to play for.

I`m just personally gutted that we didnt pick up a few more points earlier in the season because anyone from 8th can win this division now. Its an unreal looking table with 8th on 59pts and the leaders are on 53. If we win our game in hand and had a few more points we would have been right in the mix! http://home.skysports.com/leaguetable.aspx...=10&clid=56

You've got to see it as a positive though. It's all about next season.

You've got to see it as a positive though. It's all about next season.

I do think its great that we are showing some class but the reality is that many of the players we have wont be expected to start next season so we are going through the motions. The frustration set in for me only because I didnt realise how tight the top of the table was until checking the table. The good news is that Derby are messing up and Leeds are bottom so lets start the party lol.

I lost count of how many fans I heard after the match saying they'd settle for a draw. And if that's the limit of our aspirations today's was a good result.

For me we simply completed another game without showing a shred of improvement in our general play and without addressing a single one of our problems.

What Hughes was doing back on the right wing I've no idea - except that whenever he's available, like Johnson, Kelly wants to pick him.

He was in one of his nearly moods today whereby he made sure he never quite got the ball, never quite got into the thick of it, never quite had any effect.

Hume took his record to one goal in 17 starts and Horsfield looked what he is, cumbersome, slow off the mark and never likely now to trouble decent defenders.

Midfield was the same as ever. They did spread the ball wide rather better than usual but they faded fast second half and simply stopped being able to support attacks with any gusto. Johnson was the pick. He made mistakes but he did try to affect things. Jarrett and Hughes were thoroughly disappointing.

The latter had two brilliant chances second half but on niether occasion did Hughes look like he had any belief or determinatioon to score. In the end both efforts were tame.

I lost count of how many fans I heard after the match saying they'd settle for a draw. And if that's the limit of our aspirations today's was a good result.

For me we simply completed another game without showing a shred of improvement in our general play and without addressing a single one of our problems.

What Hughes was doing back on the right wing I've no idea - except that whenever he's available, like Johnson, Kelly wants to pick him.

He was in one of his nearly moods today whereby he made sure he never quite got the ball, never quite got into the thick of it, never quite had any effect.

Hume took his record to one goal in 17 starts and Horsfield looked what he is, cumbersome, slow off the mark and never likely now to trouble decent defenders.

Midfield was the same as ever. They did spread the ball wide rather better than usual but they faded fast second half and simply stopped being able to support attacks with any gusto. Johnson was the pick. He made mistakes but he did try to affect things. Jarrett and Hughes were thoroughly disappointing.

The latter had two brilliant chances second half but on niether occasion did Hughes look like he had any belief or determinatioon to score. In the end both efforts were tame.

Different game.

Totally agree with that, some people especially on RL have been over the top that we have drew against a top team.

I too was suprised that RK changed a winning team. It was a strange decision but it must have been tactical as Hughes hardly bombs down the wings to leave gaps and is more likely to sit. Maybe he feared Koumas down that side and made the change for that reason?

As for the fans, well, if we had a player worth £10m in defence (Curtis Davies), a player rated as the best and most creative midfielder outside of the premiership (Koumas), a 20 goal scorer attacker (Kamara) and his partner in crime Phillips along with a bench that includes 2 Internationals (Albrechtson and Gera) and a lad that had a £3m move to Wigan blocked in the January transfer window, maybe we would have higher expectations!!!! BTW lets not forget that WBA were relegated from the Premier and have kept there squad together.

The fact is we are what we are at the moment but hopefully next season we will have a team and squad that approaches games like this thinking we want to win to stay in the promotional positions and not mid-table mediocrity.

Archived