Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Player Ratings v West Brom

Henderson 10 outstanding

Maybury 5 shocking

McAuley 9 outstanding but some errors

Kisnorbo 10 faultless

Johansson 7 good but nothing special

Porter 5 poor very rarely beats the man or gets a decent ball in

Johnson 8 good important tackles, dominated the midfield

Jarrett 3 useless and doesn't do anything special or add anything to the team

Hughes 8 I think he had a good game and gets way to much stick off people

Hume 5 never looked threatening

Horsefield 7 just the player we need in this division

Yeates not enough time to shine

Henderson (8) - Deserves his place so much, I feel confident with him in goal. Great shot stopper, and wayward kicking was kept to at least a minimum, although he definately needs to work on it.

Maybury (6) - Decent going forward, solid at the back but you just cannot give a penalty like that, it's a schoolboy error.

Nils (7) - Calm and assured at the back, a great presence and solid but you just can't avoid the feeling that having a natural, attacking full back would benefit us so much.

Kisnorbo (9) - Shot saving tackles, great in the air, full of energy, determined. A captain's performance. I say with confidence that we'd have lost today if it weren't for his interventions.

McCauley (8.5) - Had another excellent game, he and Kisnorbo are becoming a superb partnership. Gets another point for his superbly taken header.

Hughes (6) - Can't blame him for being out of position, but we may as well have played with 10 men. Too slow for the wing, worked hard but was ultimately fairly useless and missed winning opportunities.

Porter (8) - What a fine display from little Levi. Tracked back, battled in midfield and won the ball a great deal despite being half the size of everyone else. Looked threatening going forward, pacey and direct. A couple of wayward crosses in the first half were more than made up for by his general all-round display.

Jarrett (8) - Where are all these low marks coming from? I thought he was very good today. Ran the midfield with a committed and energetic performance, chasing the ball and mopping up in midfield. Looked knackered by the end, and I'm eagerly awaiting what he can do with full fitness.

Johnson (8) - Another good display, similar to Jarrett's but with a bit more edge. Again looked shattered but gave his all.

Hume (8) - The man just does not lie down. Good all round performance epitomised in the first half when West Brom were passing around us, and Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuume charged from the half line to dispossess their winger and win a goal kick. The man needs a goal though.

Horsefield (7.5) - Worked his socks off up front despite being clearly absolutely knackered. Claims that he was too physical are bullshit in my opinion, he was an effigy for the physical yet fair aspect of the game. That said, I did miss the elbow incident.

Rennie - ****/10

Rob Kelly - Started out to ensure we didn't fall behind and was willing to make the positive change by taking off Hughes and bringing on Yeates. Should be resting his team by using his subs though. Can't be praised but neither can he be faulted. 7/10

The 12th Man - Superb noise, great performance from the fans. Was irked by how badly Maybury was treated after the penalty by the Kop and got the feeling it would last all game and affect the defence but it wore down - too many fans roaring the team on. 9/10.

Hendo 7 (good today i thought)

Johansson 8 (good performance by the big man)

MCauley 8 (another decent performance but not his usual self)

Kisnorbo 9 (what a fantastic performance all credit goes to him)

Maybury 4 (no comment)

Porter 7 (good game he troubled the ginger at times)

Jarrett 1 (awful no wonderhes out on loan)

Johnson 5 (back to his old tricks)

Hughes 1 (awful performance get him out in the summer)

Hume 6 (lost interest abit but who could blame him with that midfield supplying him)

Horsfield 6 ( not much service and what he did get he wasnt ready for)

Subs

Yeates 5 (looked decent as usual)

i think by looking at this you can see the part of our tem that needs strengthening

Henderson 9 made some very important saves, his kicking is improving

Maybury 6 good game apart from the poor tackle for the pen did more up the line than Hughes

Kisnorbo 9 quality how many important blocked tackles in the first half did he make needs to be in the

Premiership hopefully with us. If Davis is valued at 8 mil how much for Paddy

Macauley 8 great goal looks assured at the back bye bye Paddy Mac

Nils 7 did what was required

Porter 7 worked hard looked very sharp in the first half scared the ginger to death

Jarrett 7 did a lot of good work, some very unfair marks given to him

Johnson 8 got into them working well for the team but the old legs are giving up on him

Hughes 3 does not look comfotable on the wing which is why he was never there no effort at all

conference class

Horsefield 7 Uriah Heap gave no decisions his way didn't see the elbow

Hume 7 looks knackered won a lot of headers, his touch was woeful in the first half

Yeates 6 looked 100% better than Hughes just because he was where he was supposed to be on the

wing

Rennie 2 has the ability to change any game so that he is the main focus t**t

Henderson 8 - Commanding with his punches and made the saves that he needed to. No chance with the penalty.

Maybury 7 - Never really liked this bloke but he's started to impress me with his resilience a bit more recently. Looks like a more solid player. Loses half a mark for his ugly challenge on Kamara for the pen though.

Johansson 7 - Didn't really notice him which is all you can ask of a full back. Solid as always.

Kisnorbo 8.5 - Composed in possession, made some superb last ditch tackles and clearances and was immense in the air as always.

McAuley 9 - Same as Kisnorbo but gets the extra half a mark for his superb header for the goal.

Hughes 6.5 - Tried hard but we just look too narrow when he's on the right.

Porter 7.5 - Some excellent running on the ball and worried McShane on many occasions.

Johnson 7 - Faded in and out of the game. When he was involved, he was excellent but at other times he'd stroll around, not making himself available and not looking interested.

Jarrett 5 - One of the main reasons we got overrun in the centre mid at times. He just wouldn't run off the ball to make himself available meaning the game passed him by too often.

Hume 5.5 - Really struggled today. His touch was nothing like we're used to from him and just looks low on confidence.

Horsfield 6 - Caused a few problems with his strength but lacked service and could have made more of a few situations.

Yeates 7 - Good decision by Kelly to leave him on the bench and then test tiring legs late on.

Overall a superb performance from the defence, which always makes anything possible even when our attack is off form. Fat Uriah really was shocking today, not particularly biased but just some bizarre decisions all round.

I don't know about that, as you gave hughes a 5.5 and yeates a 7? I would have started with Yeates.

Archived