Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Kelly out?

Rob Kelly has no future here  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Kelly out?

• Yes?
    • No?

I reckon Thracian should be manager, with his scouting and tactics oh and eagerness to use youth he would make a perfect manager :P

He'd 'lose the dressing room' after failing to agree a win bonus of a lollipop, and subsequently be sacked.

Getting very close to breaking point, all though I will maintain a manager should be allowed at least 18 months in his job.

I'll give him the chance to get results against the likes of Derby and Birmingham to make up for that disgrace today, 14th or higher on the last day and I'll be happy.

Although I certainly wouldn't put money on him doing it.

Same. I'm not baying for his blood, but I'm not going to cry if he goes.

...unless we get Alain Perrin.

Blimey - 116 to 8 in favour of him being sacked! :blink:

I've always said he should be given a chance to spend a bit of Milan's money and if we're not in the top half by Christmas he should go. However, if we carry on playing like we did on Saturday to the end of the season, then he has to go.

I wanted Pardew... but Fat Les did the "right thing" (for Charlton) and got sacked stepped down. :whistle:

Bastard.

There's still nobody that really does it for me... so although I can't see RK being here much longer, I dread to think who he'd be replaced by. :ph34r:

we need a manager who isnt scared of changing things, dropping people and generly new ideas, and somebody that will see how bad the team is and start getting rid of boring players.

i mean, hughes has bin shockin since christmas but seemed to have played every game, rob kelly should...... i say see this but he still seems to stick by his side . :(:angry:

RK just doesnt no his team, and his best team, i think we should invite him to sit in Nblock or L1 and then see what he thinks of the football being played from the stands. and our eyes !

I wanted Pardew... but Fat Les did the "right thing" (for Charlton) and got sacked stepped down. :whistle:

Bastard.

There's still nobody that really does it for me... so although I can't see RK being here much longer, I dread to think who he'd be replaced by. :ph34r:

What happened to the Nigel Worthington bandwagon? Wheels fallen off?

What happened to the Nigel Worthington bandwagon? Wheels fallen off?

He's still the outstanding candidate of all the names being banded about at the minute. :ph34r:

He didn't just achieve promotion, he was a champion. :thumbsup:

But still... it feels like second best... I still want Pardew. :ph34r:

For me Worthy is one of them candidates that did well, but i wouldn't want at this club. In the years since the prem there was a lack of width with him, other than Huckerby he never really had any wingers to put crosses in or to give the team width. For me even though he has promotion on his CV i feel we need someone who brings in a more positive aspect, and that for me would be Mike NEwell.

Robo did take Boro up, then again he has taken every team he's ever been in charge of down;

Bradford, Boro, WBA....

Shame we couldn't of got Roy Keane, now theres a manager who will make fans travel a long way as he has with Sunderland right now...

With the level of opposition registered here from so many fans Kelly should be meeting MM this morning to discuss his future.

The QPR result was embarrassing - more so for a home game.

But our performance was even worse at Burnley from what I witnessed and probably Crystal Palace from what I heard.

There's no excuse for it.

We've won one or two feisty battles under Kelly but otherwise just look at his shortcomings:

a) We've never played entertaining football in the League throughout his tenure. Short spells, occasionally, but never for what would be considered a full game.

b) He's never picked our strongest available team once.

c) He persists with picking apparently unfit players. Newton, Williams, Kenton, Fryatt, Horsfield are just examples.

d) His judgement of what makes a good player/loanee is pathetic. McAuley remains his one good singing alongside so many bad or indifferent ones..

e) His tactical judgement is laughable and he is far too inflexible and blinkered in his outlook.

f) He persists in choosing poor players.

g) Our team is never properly balanced.

h) Our coaching seems amiss judging by - embarrassing lack of movement, unimainative and poorly executed free-kicks, poor throw ins, players not making themselves available, players not supporting, poor and slow passing.

i) Not one of our loan players has been better than people we already had available in the club.

j) Apparent lack of vision - there has been no movement towards a better team, playing better football, since he joined.

k) Allowing good fringe players to lose their match fitness through idleness.

l) Failure to get the best out of individuals, Stearman, Maybury, Hughes, Fryatt, Hammond, and Dodds come to mind.

m) Uninspiring press comments.

n) Our persistent failure to commit ourselves as an attacking force. Our lack of numerical support up front is an embarrassment caused jointly by lack of belief, lack of fitness and lack of direction.

And are there plus points one could write alongside to give some balance to the criticism? I honestly can't think of one quality that wouldn't be considered the norm for any football club manager.

What is the point now in MM putting off what he will almost certainly have to do anyway.

The place needs fresh air, vigour and some real inspiration from a football person who knows what he's doing and can get players believing in doing it. Someone too who knows what makes a good player and knows where to find enough of them to form the basis of an acceptable team.

And are there plus points one could write alongside to give some balance to the criticism? I honestly can't think of one quality that wouldn't be considered the norm for any football club manager.

His greatest personal qulaity is his biggest professional weakness. He is a thouroughly nice chap, who wants to please everyone and upset no one. The antithisis of what a successful manager needs to be.

I wonder how many of the 126 people who have voted for Kelly Out in this thread were sat in N Block on Saturday and looked at me in sheer bemusement, disappointment and disbelief when I voiced my disapproval of Kelly and even shouted "Kelly Out" a couple of times? My guess is not many. Where do the Kelly Out camp reside? I may wish to join them. :P

I wonder how many of the 126 people who have voted for Kelly Out in this thread were sat in N Block on Saturday and looked at me in sheer bemusement, disappointment and disbelief when I voiced my disapproval of Kelly and even shouted "Kelly Out" a couple of times? My guess is not many. Where do the Kelly Out camp reside? I may wish to join them. :P

They're like atoms of oxygen - they're all around you and like oxygen they don't necessarily make a sound anymore.

The despair is too deep. I found myself just wincing and shaking my head.

I would love to just go up to Kelly and plead with him to sod off back to the Black Country where he obviously got the inspiration for the colour of his football.

But when has Kelly ever taken a blind bit of notice of what anyone says?.

He's just like Levein, so stubborn, so blinkered and so inwardly conceited that he won't even believe the evidence of his own eyes as his theories forever get confounded by the opposition.

Worryingly for Rob... on January 24th, 2006, a poll was conducted here at FoxesTalk asking Levein Out? after a bad result away to Plymouth.

Of the 133 votes cast, only 4 were in favour of keeping Levein. The other 129 were in favour of sending him packing.

Kelly's latest poll is dangerously close matching the high Out vote ratio in the last Levein poll. :ph34r:

Worryingly for Rob... on January 24th, 2006, a poll was conducted here at FoxesTalk asking Levein Out? after a bad result away to Plymouth.

Of the 133 votes cast, only 4 were in favour of keeping Levein. The other 129 were in favour of sending him packing.

Kelly's latest poll is dangerously close matching the high Out vote ratio in the last Levein poll. :ph34r:

Is Kelly still in charge? :P

Interestingly enough... the penultimate Levein poll is incredibly similar in its result to the present standings in this poll. :o

Levein Out?

Yes [ 113 ] ** [93.39%]

No [ 8 ] ** [6.61%]

Total Votes: 121

94% Out... three days before the final poll, and four days before he got sacked. :ph34r:

Archived