Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mbd123

Milans next move

The way l see it, MM as known for some time that Kelly as got to go, but the latest inept displays mean that he's got to do something sooner rather than later. After seeing 24,000 crowd diminish to 5,000 ten minutes from the end he's going to think how many are going to want to pay to watch this shytte for the rest of the season, the answer being no many. So what doe's he do, he can sack Kelly, move him sideways, or have a deal with him where Kelly can save face and MM gets to save some money (leaves by mutual agreement). MM being a buisness man the last option being the most obvious. As for a replacement l am sure he as some one lined up, my moneys on Newell or one of his previous foreign managers. I reckon we are in for some fun and games over the next couple of weeks.

I wouldn't have been surprised if Kelly had got the push after yesterday's match. I would have imagined Milan is looking for a good excuse to get rid before the end of the season and now if we do go on a bit of a run, it will be harder to get rid then.

I wouldn't have been surprised if Kelly had got the push after yesterday's match. I would have imagined Milan is looking for a good excuse to get rid before the end of the season and now if we do go on a bit of a run, it will be harder to get rid then.

Agree. He's got two weeks to do it before the next game so there's plenty of time. To be honest though I can't see us going on a run with the fixtures we've got left. I think we could get embarrassed by any one of Derby, Birmingham, Plymouth or Barnsley in particular. Another QPR or Palace and he will be gone, if not by the Stoke game.

The way l see it, MM as known for some time that Kelly as got to go, but the latest inept displays mean that he's got to do something sooner rather than later. After seeing 24,000 crowd diminish to 5,000 ten minutes from the end he's going to think how many are going to want to pay to watch this shytte for the rest of the season, the answer being no many. So what doe's he do, he can sack Kelly, move him sideways, or have a deal with him where Kelly can save face and MM gets to save some money (leaves by mutual agreement). MM being a buisness man the last option being the most obvious. As for a replacement l am sure he as some one lined up, my moneys on Newell or one of his previous foreign managers. I reckon we are in for some fun and games over the next couple of weeks.

IMO Milan Manderic wanted to bring his own man in from the start and maybe had he been braver, it would have been Dowie. Instead he is trying to show that he isnt such a tyrant and wanted to give RK a chance but all he has done is given him the rope to hang himself! I would be shocked if someone isnt already lined-up, even before our recent run of decent results.

it's the ideal time to replace ( i don't want him sacked, just given the chance to resign) kelly with the 2 week break, it gives the new manager time to assess the squad.

I wonder if MM has phoned RK already and has put his P45 in the post.

:ph34r:

As people have said Milan now has an ideal oppurtunity to get a replacement before the end of the season with this international break. If he doesn't do it over this break then I would imagine he is contempt to stay with Kelly for the rest of the season. I would not be surprised if Kelly was to stay on as a memeber of the coaching staff. A lot of the players have said he is the best 'coach' they have ever worked with. Personally I think we need a cleanout of all the coaching staff or else some things will never change.

As people have said Milan now has an ideal oppurtunity to get a replacement before the end of the season with this international break. If he doesn't do it over this break then I would imagine he is contempt to stay with Kelly for the rest of the season. I would not be surprised if Kelly was to stay on as a memeber of the coaching staff. A lot of the players have said he is the best 'coach' they have ever worked with. Personally I think we need a cleanout of all the coaching staff or else some things will never change.

Yes, they all have to go.

I'm starting to think that the stuff about Kelly being a good coach is just the players trying desperately to find something positive about him to say, because he's obviously not a good manager.

But really with what has happened to Stearman, Hughes, Fryatt, Maybury and at a stretch Wesolowski over the past season or two, you have to wonder how on earth anyone can say he's a good coach.

I'm starting to think that the stuff about Kelly being a good coach is just the players trying desperately to find something positive about him to say, because he's obviously not a good manager.

But really with what has happened to Stearman, Hughes, Fryatt, Maybury and at a stretch Wesolowski over the past season or two, you have to wonder how on earth anyone can say he's a good coach.

Suppose you could be right there. Les Reed was supposedly the greatest 'coach' going but he wasn't really upto much.

Coaches are meant to help develop players and as you say players like Stearman, Fryatt and Weso (mainly down to injury to Weso) have just not improved at all over this season. Matty Fryatt was superb last season but this season he has just been so slow and always looks like he's not ready for the ball.

I think Milan will stay with Kelly for now. :dunno::cry:

He thinks that Rob is a fans favorate :rolleyes: I just hope the crowd disappearing against QPR will show him that we have had enough of the poor football, the bottom half finishes and his tactics.

(Why take McAuley and Porter - two of our best players out of the 16?? :o )

:wave:KELLY OUT :wave:

A few people in the match thread yesterday were referring back to Dowie being appointed as Coventry boss, and how well he is doing. I see a few people are already changing their minds :rolleyes:

Yeah I was saying its not helping with Cov winning 4 - zip but I still don't think Dowie is good enough for what we want to achieve (Premiership). Milan needs to find someone better than your average Championship manager dropout (Newell), I think aswell as 'splashing the cash' on players he also has to do it with a manager.

Suppose you could be right there. Les Reed was supposedly the greatest 'coach' going but he wasn't really upto much.

Coaches are meant to help develop players and as you say players like Stearman, Fryatt and Weso (mainly down to injury to Weso) have just not improved at all over this season. Matty Fryatt was superb last season but this season he has just been so slow and always looks like he's not ready for the ball.

I would be very, very surprised if Milan shows Kelly the door before the end of the season (as much as it needs to be done).

I would be very, very surprised if Milan shows Kelly the door before the end of the season (as much as it needs to be done).

From what people said Milan had not being impressed by Kelly and said this on the phone in last Monday.

He thinks that Rob is a fans favorate :rolleyes: I just hope the crowd disappearing against QPR will show him that we have had enough of the poor football, the bottom half finishes and his tactics.

:wave:KELLY OUT :wave:

Porter as an injury l guess McAuley as aswell.

From what people said Milan had not being impressed by Kelly and said this on the phone in last Monday.

Well as md123 said, i think Milan thinks Kelly is a fans favourite when he blatantly isnt.

Even so though i still doubt he'll be gone before the end of the season.

:wave: KELLY OUT :wave:

Kelly may be stupid but not that stupid - they were injured FFS!

Kelly and coaching staff to go. Agree re the point made about Stearman and Fryatt etc. Stearman needs evaluating/motivating and if there's no improvement, get rid. Bad attitude! Also, we seem disorganised from set peices so what are the coaching staff doing? Someone also needs to be a leader on the pitch and lead by example like Walsh or Taggart.

Newell a decent possibility, not much else out there really. Stop thinking that anyone really decent would want to leave their club and join us. We're not that big and attractive and £3/4 million isn't going to go that far, in Taylors case £20million wasn't enough! So money has to be spent wisely and at least Newell has a very good record in that respect. Kelly, with the exception of McCauley has made dire choices with his love affair with crap wingers Welsh (took two bites of the cherry to realise he was crap), Lowe, Newton, Glombard and Cadamartri. The latter two not even given a chance and should have known what they were like before bringing them in. Even tried to turn Hughes into a winger! Jury still out on Yates.

A manager doesn't have to neccessrily be popular with the players jsut respected like Ferguson and Clough. In fact popularity is possibly a hindereance.

Cheers.

Agree 100% and I'll add to that Stephen Hughes, if any player is suffering under this moron it is him. He is no world beater but to see the way he has deteriorated under these fools is terrible.

I hope that Kelly is punted as soon as possible and never darkens the doors of professional football again.

Hughes is in that list. :thumbup: He looks a shadow of the player he was when we signed him.

Most of the squad look like a shadow of the player they were. I mean look at Stearman and how he has detereated dramatically under Kelly.

Archived