Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willy37

reason for failure

Could it simply be that the reason since we last got relegated why we havent made a decent attempt to go back up is not that our players arent good enough individually, but as a squad they are too much of a mixed group.

For example when we got promoted under MA the majority of our squad were "experienced" ex premiership players, and although we didnt play arsenal style one touch football, it was effective with the players we had, e.g getting the ball wide and supplying the big strikers in the box.

Where as on the other hand teams this year like derby, birmingham etc are investing in young talented hungry players who can get the ball down and actually play football.

Bit of a rant i know but my point being our squad is neither of these two extremes, we have such a wide variety of players that they cant seem to adapt to eachothers styles of play, and therefore we end up where we are in the league

:dunno:

Could it simply be that the reason since we last got relegated why we havent made a decent attempt to go back up is not that our players arent good enough individually, but as a squad they are too much of a mixed group.

For example when we got promoted under MA the majority of our squad were "experienced" ex premiership players, and although we didnt play arsenal style one touch football, it was effective with the players we had, e.g getting the ball wide and supplying the big strikers in the box.

Where as on the other hand teams this year like derby, birmingham etc are investing in young talented hungry players who can get the ball down and actually play football.

Bit of a rant i know but my point being our squad is neither of these two extremes, we have such a wide variety of players that they cant seem to adapt to eachothers styles of play, and therefore we end up where we are in the league

well when we did get relegated again. We had bought 'experianced' players. But it didnt pull off and MA had to leave. However if we had done well in this season then we might still be in the prem. But thats football i supose

Nah - you had it right to start with.

We have a clueless manager and a squad filled with poor players. Kisnorbo and Hume stand out a mile as actually having some ability. That's bad because neither is amazing.. merely adequate/good at this level! The loan players probably don't care... and if they do, it's just a more damning inditement of their ability.

Fitness levels are shocking. The tactical nous and know how you'd expect is simply not in evidence. Every pass is telegraphed. There is no invention, no movement. Only Hume ever wants the ball - and then our clueless lot play it in the air 40 yards from him.

Fu cking pathetic.

Its almost impossible to find a specific factor why it has all gone wrong but in recent times it will have something to do with not replacing departed players like Heskey, Izzet, Savage and so on. Our managers have also been guily of making lousy signings like Gunlaughsson, Jones, Akinbuyi etc and when we got relegated into the Championship it was obvious that we had no cash to spend and have relied on free transfers and cheap players ever since.

Its not all bad though as we have had some lows and are on an upward curve, regardless og how bad things seem to be on the pitch. We are also just one of a number of clubs who have been relegated from the Premiership to struggle but lets be fair, it could be a hell of a lot worse, just ask the supporters of clubs like F**est, Bradford, Swindon and Leeds amongst others.

Rob Kelly, Mike Stowell and Ian Miller, add to that Tim Davies and it is a recipe for the worst football club in the world ever.

Next season with a half decent manager and not a f'ckwit like Kelly, we will be fine and some of these players will form a reasonable side.

Rob Kelly is the reason we have failed so badly over the last 3 years, he is easily the worst manager in living memory and when you have Bassett, Taylor, McLintock, and Pleat to be better than, the fact you are still shite says it all.

Why is he still employed by the Club?

Rob Kelly, Mike Stowell and Ian Miller, add to that Tim Davies and it is a recipe for the worst football club in the world ever.

Next season with a half decent manager and not a f'ckwit like Kelly, we will be fine and some of these players will form a reasonable side.

Rob Kelly is the reason we have failed so badly over the last 3 years, he is easily the worst manager in living memory and when you have Bassett, Taylor, McLintock, and Pleat to be better than, the fact you are still shite says it all.

Why is he still employed by the Club?

Must admit I thought he'd have got his marching orders by today...look's as though he's going nowhere till at least the end of the season and if he starts getting lucky and picks up a few results between now and then MM might take a punt with him and it could be well into next season before he realises what a useless tosser he is and finally show's him the door!

Rob K is not as bad as is being made out. HE kept us up. Its his fist job in managment and a steep learning curve im sure. besides are we all forgeting he is a coach and not a manager. he does the simple things and lacks the experience to to the difficult things. It not his fault he was given the job when he did. Every other manager we eyed up ran 10 miles in double quick time apart form galloway who is worse than kelly. Kelly was a stop gap and i think he knows that. We are a better proposition than we were a season ago and hopefully we will have a better backroom staff next season also.

The reason we've failed so badly in recent years is because we've had poor squads, hapless managers and have lost the passion which once ran right through the team. Until we get in a manager who knows what he is doing (in the transfer market, tactically and motivationally), we won't have a squad capable of winning many games and taking us up, nor will we have the passion and commitment to do so.

We have far too many below average players in particular our midfield is dreadful in that it neither creates a lot nor breaks up all the play and protects the back four. Out of our (more or less) current 11

Above average championship players - Kisnorbo, , Hume

Average championship players - Porter, Mcauley, Mayberry, Henderson, Nils

Dross - Hughes, Jarrett, Horsefield, johnson

lets survive and hope the summer is a busy one...

Rob K is not as bad as is being made out. HE kept us up. Its his fist job in managment and a steep learning curve im sure. besides are we all forgeting he is a coach and not a manager. he does the simple things and lacks the experience to to the difficult things. It not his fault he was given the job when he did. Every other manager we eyed up ran 10 miles in double quick time apart form galloway who is worse than kelly. Kelly was a stop gap and i think he knows that. We are a better proposition than we were a season ago and hopefully we will have a better backroom staff next season also.

People generally have tried to allow for Kelly being new to the job and making mistakes.

In some ways I wish he'd made more mistakes.

At least then I'd be convinced he was trying to learn when things go wrong or when his chosen team fails to perform.

But I've seen nothing.

Quite the contrary. He continues down the same old path, playing the same old system with mostly the same limited players and therefore making the same mistakes time and again.

And when he does bring in a fresh face they all seem to be one game wonders .. Horsfield, Cadamarteri, Newton, Jarratt, Yeates...

What on earth does he do to them? :whistle::D

Maybe there are some elements of truth in what you are saying about RK but Leicester City are a big club who should not have a manager in charge who hasnt the experience to achieve what we need to achieve. As for being in a better position today than last season, it depends in which context you mean. If its about ownership and future then you are dead right. If you are talking about first team squad then I`d say some of our players have gone backward, so much so that we need loanees who are useless.

Kelly hasn't even been here for 3 years :rolleyes: And I don't know how you can say he's worse than Taylor

We had 'young talented' players under Craig Levein... that got us nowhere. What we need is a decent coaching staff who can get the best out of the players and make them work as a group.

Kelly hasn't even been here for 3 years :rolleyes: And I don't know how you can say he's worse than Taylor

He is into his third season either as assistant manager or manager you mongoose, he has been instrumental in signing the vast majority of crap that now masquarades as the Leicester City first team.

Like it or not Peter Taylor had us top of the Premiership and in the quarter finals of the FA Cup, something Kelly will never achieve in 4 lifetimes. Taylor has also managed his national team and under 21's something this moron will never do either.

Given a choice of Kelly or Levein without the Kelly influence, Levein wins hands down every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

We had 'young talented' players under Craig Levein... that got us nowhere. What we need is a decent coaching staff who can get the best out of the players and make them work as a group.

Never once since Levein and Kelly been here have we truly backed a young and hungry policy by fielding a side capable of truly pushing high up the field in support of attacks but being swift to recover when the ball is lost.

We have always hedged our bets and I have mentioned that it wouldn't work that way on several occasions.

When I mention defenders and central midfielders giving the ball away through trying passes that are too difficult for them and not supporting as the team moves forward, people on here say it doesn't matter because they are good defenders.

But it does matter. And so does the fact that our defenders are too slow. Why do you think Kelly tries to constantly reinforce his defence?

Watch good sides move out of defence and they will either break forward at really committed breakneck speed or they will play the ball out patiently with fast but simple one touch passes across the line - as we often try to do for the first 10 minutes before, like a young pup in training, the players forget or ignore their instructions.

Thoughtless punts forward are just a means of committing footballing suicide really.

To play "young and hungry" it has to be done with commitment not half-heartedly. Such senior players as fit into such a side must compliment the policy - Maybury, for instance, would have no trouble and would probably enjoy it. McAuley too is an instinctive and constructive passer.

People who don't fit in have to adjust or be replaced, whether they are crowd favourites or not. Because to have weaknesses in the system is like having a dam with a hole in it.

Never once since Levein and Kelly been here have we truly backed a young and hungry policy by fielding a side capable of truly pushing high up the field in support of attacks but being swift to recover when the ball is lost.

We have always hedged our bets and I have mentioned that it wouldn't work that way on several occasions.

When I mention defenders and central midfielders giving the ball away through trying passes that are too difficult for them and not supporting as the team moves forward, people on here say it doesn't matter because they are good defenders.

But it does matter. And so does the fact that our defenders are too slow. Why do you think Kelly tries to constantly reinforce his defence?

Watch good sides move out of defence and they will either break forward at really committed breakneck speed or they will play the ball out patiently with fast but simple one touch passes across the line - as we often try to do for the first 10 minutes before, like a young pup in training, the players forget or ignore their instructions.

Thoughtless punts forward are just a means of committing footballing suicide really.

To play "young and hungry" it has to be done with commitment not half-heartedly. Such senior players as fit into such a side must compliment the policy - Maybury, for instance, would have no trouble and would probably enjoy it. McAuley too is an instinctive and constructive passer.

People who don't fit in have to adjust or be replaced, whether they are crowd favourites or not. Because to have weaknesses in the system is like having a dam with a hole in it.

Does anyone agree we should sell Kisnorbo for good money, keep Nisse at CB. I know Kisnorbo is very good but he is not complete as a defender particularly his passing and free kicks. McAuley looks to develop into a much better defender anyway. It is an idea I would consider particularly to get at a really good midfielder which we need. I'd spend over 3 million in that area alone.

He is into his third season either as assistant manager or manager you mongoose, he has been instrumental in signing the vast majority of crap that now masquarades as the Leicester City first team.

Like it or not Peter Taylor had us top of the Premiership and in the quarter finals of the FA Cup, something Kelly will never achieve in 4 lifetimes. Taylor has also managed his national team and under 21's something this moron will never do either.

Given a choice of Kelly or Levein without the Kelly influence, Levein wins hands down every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

He's only into his second full season, when the season ends he'll have been here around 2 1/2 years.

As someone siad earlier Taylor inherited MON's squad, which got him the the top of the league, and then ruined it by spenidng £20 odd million. And we beat only one Premiership team to get to the quarter finals, the other couple of teams were Bristol and York I think

Does anyone agree we should sell Kisnorbo for good money, keep Nisse at CB. I know Kisnorbo is very good but he is not complete as a defender particularly his passing and free kicks. McAuley looks to develop into a much better defender anyway. It is an idea I would consider particularly to get at a really good midfielder which we need. I'd spend over 3 million in that area alone.

Seems logical to me. But not everyone will support the style of play I want to see. My only reservations concern the goals he's been getting and whether they are likely to continue and whether he could perhaps be taught to pass the ball quickly and simply out of defence.

Young and hungry is all well and good but you keep missing out words like "ability". Good young players in Britain cost way too much cash and are not readily available. You only have to see the fees that Watford paid for Rotherhams Hoskins or the fee that Billy Sharp is repuatbly available for from our third tier. Hell, throw Matty Fryatt into the equation too!

Many clubs within the Championship are wising up and are adding foreign players on the cheap. Taking a punt have been clubs like Southampton, Plymouth, Barnsley, Cardiff, Coventry and Preston. The Central/Eastern European market is one we must examine closer.

BTW as for Kisnorbo, I`d hate for him to go as he is one of a few that I would keep for next season but everyone has his price and if we can get silly money for him, similarly to how we sold Connolly to Wigan, I`d snap it up if it means the deal financing 3 or 4 good players.

Archived