Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willy37

reason for failure

Does anyone agree we should sell Kisnorbo for good money, keep Nisse at CB. I know Kisnorbo is very good but he is not complete as a defender particularly his passing and free kicks. McAuley looks to develop into a much better defender anyway. It is an idea I would consider particularly to get at a really good midfielder which we need. I'd spend over 3 million in that area alone.

I disagree. Kisnorbos a very good player and him and Big Mac make a good pairing - passing and free kicks is something he can work hard on. We need to spend a lot on the midfield but we have Meeelan - we are fu*king loaded!! But seriously, we dont need to sell our assets. Milan will get a few players in im sure.

He's only into his second full season, when the season ends he'll have been here around 2 1/2 years.

As someone siad earlier Taylor inherited MON's squad, which got him the the top of the league, and then ruined it by spenidng £20 odd million. And we beat only one Premiership team to get to the quarter finals, the other couple of teams were Bristol and York I think

Three seasons, 3 years in football, it doesn't really matter as he has been a cancer on the CLub since he arrived.

And get over youself even despite Taylor and his mis spent kitty we still won games in the PL and Kelly will never do it as he will never get the chance because he is shit. He will never be asked to manage any kind of national squad because he is shit.

So all this "Peter Taylor only got to the top of the PL with MON's team......." How come MON never managed that? :whistle::dunno::mellow:

Young and hungry is all well and good but you keep missing out words like "ability". Good young players in Britain cost way too much cash and are not readily available. You only have to see the fees that Watford paid for Rotherhams Hoskins or the fee that Billy Sharp is repuatbly available for from our third tier. Hell, throw Matty Fryatt into the equation too!

Many clubs within the Championship are wising up and are adding foreign players on the cheap. Taking a punt have been clubs like Southampton, Plymouth, Barnsley, Cardiff, Coventry and Preston. The Central/Eastern European market is one we must examine closer.

BTW as for Kisnorbo, I`d hate for him to go as he is one of a few that I would keep for next season but everyone has his price and if we can get silly money for him, similarly to how we sold Connolly to Wigan, I`d snap it up if it means the deal financing 3 or 4 good players.

I don't have any special argument with what you say but in no way has Kelly fully utilised what he has available - nor has he got the best out of them.

How could he? He uses one system, successful or otherwise, and one basic tactical formula within that system. He continually picks players who are unfit or out of position within that system.

Considering we struggle anyway, where can the justification be for making our task more difficult by doing things like that?

I still wait the first day when Kelly picks a fully fit side, with everyone in their natural position and without defensive overload. Indeed for the first day that he picks our best available side.

I have waited and waited but even accepting the odd alternative for one or two positions, it has never happened once.

To simply play fit players in their right position just now Kelly, unless he used Gradel, would have to play 4-3-3 because the personnel don't exist to fulfil the criteria any other way.

And that has been the case for some time. It has not changed since Newton arrived because Newton doesn't look fully fit, any more than Yeates.

These things are basics. They don't require extraordinary managerial skills.

Sadly I have no faith in Kelly going off to buy new players when he doesn't seem to have used the ones we've already got properly or to have chosen his new signings very well.

Three seasons, 3 years in football, it doesn't really matter as he has been a cancer on the CLub since he arrived.

And get over youself even despite Taylor and his mis spent kitty we still won games in the PL and Kelly will never do it as he will never get the chance because he is shit. He will never be asked to manage any kind of national squad because he is shit.

So all this "Peter Taylor only got to the top of the PL with MON's team......." How come MON never managed that? :whistle::dunno::mellow:

You'd be better off comparing Kelly to Taylor.

Rigid tactics with no Plan B, an inability to get the players to play as a team, good players performing consistently below their level and most crucially, failing to prepare properly for the start of the season especially with regard to player fitness.

I don't have any special argument with what you say but in no way has Kelly fully utilised what he has available - nor has he got the best out of them.

How could he? He uses one system, successful or otherwise, and one basic tactical formula within that system. He continually picks players who are unfit or out of position within that system.

Considering we struggle anyway, where can the justification be for making our task more difficult by doing things like that?

I still wait the first day when Kelly picks a fully fit side, with everyone in their natural position and without defensive overload. Indeed when he picks our best available side. I have waited and waited but even accepting the odd alternative for one or two positions, it has never happened once.

To simply play fit players in their right position just now Kelly, unless he used Gradel, would have to play 4-3-3 because the personnel don't exist to fulfil the criteria any other way.

And that has been the case for some time. It has not changed since Newton arrived because Newton is not fully fit, any more than Yeates.

These things are basics. They don't require extraordinary managerial skills.

Sadly I have no faith in Kelly going off to buy new players when he doesn't seem to have used the ones we've already got properly or to have chosen his new signings very well.

If we had a better manager in charge maybe the results would have been better. Maybe a disciplinarian type of manager wouldnt have got a positive response out of the players and this buddy buddy approach that seems to be in place is working with what he has? Who knows?

All I am sure of is that RK hasnt aquired the right personnel in place on the pitch or coaching wise for this club to move forward. In his defence, he hasnt had much support from his board but despite me being a fan of Matty Fryatt and thinking he will come good one day, the money he spent on him at this time hasnt been wise. Other signings like AJ and Cada have failed too.

Im not convinced bringing in a kid or two and switching formations is the solution either, nor is getting relegated and satrting again with a team full of hungry 18-25 year olds as you have put it elsewhere. Its now about getting a new passionate and knowledgable manager in, punting out the donkeys, spending the £2/3/4m wisely on the right players and attract good bosmans in. I`d also like to see a few of the kids loaned out early next season with the hope they show sufficent improvement to be pushing for a first team place. It would be a disaster if some of these kids left the club without either playing for us in the first team or at worst, being loaned out to see how they cope in a lower league.

the reasons for our failure are many

1 poor financial running of the club coupled with relegation the building of the stadium and players on long contracts ended up with us in administration and no money to spend on new players the sacking of the guy running the academy(hill?) the running down of the scouting network. whilst kelly is not blameless on other matters (see below) he is not at fault for any of these issues.

2 the appointment of managers following mon has been disastrous resulting in no long term policies and desperate attempts to return to the premier by adams's importation of over the hill pros at the end of their careers. followed by levein's terrible tenure and now kelly.

3 the lack of our managers ability to pick up bargains. you wouldn't want either kelly or levein to shop with you at a car boot sale and that is where we are shopping for other peoples cast offs. in that market there are only so many gems and we just haven't found them. who was the last real quality lower league player we bought? i would say savage.

4 the youth system is simply not good enough nor likely ever to be so. the power of the big clubs to move families and circumvent fa rules means for clubs like ours any exceptional talent is likely to go elsewhere. even under mon hardly any youth team players emerged to challenge for places. the loss of Alan Hill i believe was a big one. his reputation at leeds was excellent.

5 the spine of the current team is entirely lacking. to get out of this league you need a big uncompromising centre half or preferably two a central midfielder who can break up play and run all day and at least one striker capable of scoring 20 -25 goals a season. we have none of these.

6 off the field revenue raising has been pathetic. 1.5m for the 10 year deal for naming the stadium is a joke. walkers had us over a barrell because of our financial position but we should have got at least 4 times that amount. i have questioned in the past and will continue to do so whether our deals with local companies are really the best we can do. our merchandise has been poor and 1 year shirt deals have alienated fans.

so imo our curent failings are not only down to kelly whose powers of motivation player selection and acquisition are at best questionable but are the result of a systemic failure of management over the last 10-15 years. hopefuly milan will change all that but if you compare us to middlesborough a similar size club with an individual backer it took them at least 10 years and a considerable amount of investment to reach where they are now. we are 4 years out of administration so i would say there are 6 more to go.

Deary me this thread, we all know why we're shit! (apart from Thracian who thinks it's because we aren't playing King or Dodds)

Horsfield and Jarrett as an alternative might have lit your fire but it certainly didn't light mine. :whistle:

Whatever, I'm just disagreeing with you that Kelly is our worst manager ever, and using Taylor as an example, as 99% of Leicester fans him as one of, if the worst managers we've had. Ever.

Whatever, I'm just disagreeing with you that Kelly is our worst manager ever, and using Taylor as an example, as 99% of Leicester fans him as one of, if the worst managers we've had. Ever.

99% percent hate Taylor, but whether you like it or not he achieved something Little, O'Neill or no one else in my era watching City did and that was take us to the top of the Elite division. His signings were shit not one of his 'ones for the future' are playing in the Premiership now, but neither will Kelly's and we at least beat the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea under him. Now we lose at home to QPR and can't even beat Leeds at home the worst team in the division.

99% percent hate Taylor, but whether you like it or not he achieved something Little, O'Neill or no one else in my era watching City did and that was take us to the top of the Elite division. His signings were shit not one of his 'ones for the future' are playing in the Premiership now, but neither will Kelly's and we at least beat the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea under him. Now we lose at home to QPR and can't even beat Leeds at home the worst team in the division.

Yes barton very true,but as for taylor that was mons team,still playing mons way,the rot started when c*** lugs started to get rid of players ,and replaced them with ones for the future,kelly is not in the sameboat,he just has no idea,

Yeah, but Rob Kelly never had the chance. Peter also loses to teams like QPR, in fact, they lost 4-2 earlier in the season, don't think Palace were at home though, and guess who (apart from Luton) last lost to Leeds. Yep, Palace, and they have a better squad than us (alothough I'm you'll disagree)

Archived