Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Don

Can Rob Kelly sing?

I'm beginning to wonder if he really is a nice guy? People say he's a good coach, but that is a slap in the face of reality...I bet he pulls the heads off bunnies. I bet he's a right shit. :ph34r:

I'm beginning to wonder if he really is a nice guy? People say he's a good coach, but that is a slap in the face of reality...I bet he pulls the heads off bunnies. I bet he's a right shit. :ph34r:

:D

Maybe he just pretends to be so nice so people feel for him so he can keep his job...

I hope for his sake that he can sing. He hasn't got much of a future left in football management, so he needs something to fall back on.

Although he hasn't set the league alight, he has still managed a 37.5% win ratio in the second tier of English football... earning 1.41 points per game while he's at it. :whistle:

If he wants another job as manager, he might drop down a league or two... but his record isn't so shit that nobody will touch him for years. :ph34r:

Adams, with a promotion to his name, and a couple of good spells as manager, reckons he might have to drop down a level or two to get his career going again... :whistle:

Although he hasn't set the league alight, he has still managed a 37.5% win ratio in the second tier of English football... earning 1.41 points per game while he's at it. :whistle:

If he wants another job as manager, he might drop down a league or two... but his record isn't so shit that nobody will touch him for years. :ph34r:

37.5% win ratio... I'd like to know how many of those wins have come when we've looked condemned to relegation and how many have come when we're in a position to push-on up the league and are capable of moving up. I fear that the % will be a lot higher in the first circumstance.

Maybe people will re-appoint him. Torquay might need a gaffer next season in the Conference. Learning can be done down there. Kelly won't ever achieve promotions at this level (well, based on his tenure here).

37.5% win ratio... I'd like to know how many of those wins have come when we've looked condemned to relegation and how many have come when we're in a position to push-on up the league and are capable of moving up. I fear that the % will be a lot higher in the first circumstance.

Maybe people will re-appoint him. Torquay might need a gaffer next season in the Conference. Learning can be done down there. Kelly won't ever achieve promotions at this level (well, based on his tenure here).

Yes... his win ratio is undoubtedly higher in the first few months of his tenure than the rest of it.

So what? Dowie's win ratio at Cov will be higher during his first few months when they were looking good for a slide. :whistle::ph34r:

I still don't think he'll have to drop out of the football league completely to get back into the hot seat at another club.

Oh yes... and a minor grammatical point... only one club can re-appoint him... and that's us. :ph34r:

To those who are old enough to have watched Rik Mayalls The New Statesman programme in the late 80s, RK reminds me of that character Piers. :dunno:

Yes... his win ratio is undoubtedly higher in the first few months of his tenure than the rest of it.

I still don't think he'll have to drop out of the football league completely to get back into the hot seat at another club.

Oh yes... and a minor grammatical point... only one club can re-appoint him... and that's us. :ph34r:

Piss-off you bloody perfectionist!! lol

First few months yes, and again this season when we were looking good for a relegation fight as well. Other than that I can imagine his win record and his points-per-game average dip drastically. If I was another club, I would be shit scared of appointing him. He's hapless for crying out loud. If your aim is to stay in the division by the skin of your teeth every season, watch uninspiring, unambitious football and listen to the same nonsensical, pathetic rubbish every week in interviews and the build up to a game, then Kelly is your man.

All sensible chairmen may wish to look elsewhere.

was that the one where they set the bloke on fire once?

worth a try I guess...

lol I cant remember Bstard setting him alight but he used to be a bit of a gimp that everyone used to take the mick out of and give a regular beating too.

Wouldn't you hate it if Kelly became a top manager like Alex Ferguson <_< :ph34r:

Top managers are ruthless, driven, adaptable, forward thinking and motivated.

Rob Kelly might be motivated.. but that's about it.

His tactics are poor.

His signings are poor.

The players look disinterested.

His dealings with the press are embarrassing.

He might be a coach... of that I'm not convinced but I'll tell you what I am convinced.

He's NOT a football manager at this level.

Top managers are ruthless, driven, adaptable, forward thinking and motivated.

Rob Kelly might be motivated.. but that's about it.

His tactics are poor.

His signings are poor.

The players look disinterested.

His dealings with the press are embarrassing.

He might be a coach... of that I'm not convinced but I'll tell you what I am convinced.

He's NOT a football manager at this level.

I wouldn't even say he was that. Somebody who sets themselves a target of 16 points from 16 games is not motivated to succeed and do well. Somebody who cannot motivate his players and get them looking interested cannot be motivated himself surely? I know what Kelly is - a nice guy in the eyes of the players. To me, he's a hopeless excuse for a manager.

As for the rest of your post, well, I agree with it. :thumbup:

Piss-off you bloody perfectionist!! lol

First few months yes, and again this season when we were looking good for a relegation fight as well. Other than that I can imagine his win record and his points-per-game average dip drastically. If I was another club, I would be shit scared of appointing him. He's hapless for crying out loud. If your aim is to stay in the division by the skin of your teeth every season, watch uninspiring, unambitious football and listen to the same nonsensical, pathetic rubbish every week in interviews and the build up to a game, then Kelly is your man.

All sensible chairmen may wish to look elsewhere.

But to be fair... 90% of the managers in this country suffer from the same ills you ascribe to Kelly.

They all took Les Reed's how to pretend to be a manager course...

Thing is... while Rob Kelly's hardly the pick of the crop, he's a damn sight better than at least some of the shit out in the managerial market... particularly one Les 'woe is me' Reed. I still stand by my comments... while the man isn't the most inspirational manager, his record won't rule him out of another football league job. He might prefer to get back into the coaching game instead, making the whole discussion a moot point. :whistle:

At least our Rob hasn't blamed his troubles on the Media yet... lol

But to be fair... 90% of the managers in this country suffer from the same ills you ascribe to Kelly.

They all took Les Reed's how to pretend to be a manager course...

Thing is... while Rob Kelly's hardly the pick of the crop, he's a damn sight better than at least some of the shit out in the managerial market... particularly one Les 'woe is me' Reed. I still stand by my comments... while the man isn't the most inspirational manager, his record won't rule him out of another football league job. He might prefer to get back into the coaching game instead, making the whole discussion a moot point. :whistle:

At least our Rob hasn't blamed his troubles on the Media yet... lol

Well I stand by what I'm saying as well. Kelly is crap and there are many other managers out there I'd rather have than him. He's a joke. :)

Though I can't say him stepping back into a coaching role would be bad. It'd save him the embarrassment of doing pathetically as a manager, and he's apparently a good coach. :blink:

Archived