Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Walkers To Host Heineken Cup Semi Final

Leicester City have today confirmed that the Walkers Stadium will host the Heineken Cup semi-final between Leicester Tigers and Llanelli Scarlets later this month.

The match will take place on Saturday, April 21 at 3pm.

The Foxes are away at Preston North End that day in the Coca-Cola Championship.

City chief executive Tim Davies said: "We are delighted that the Walkers Stadium has been chosen to host such a prestigious event between two of rugby's top teams for a third successive season.

"We wish the Tigers the very best of luck."

Linkage

Looks like milan is going to bring more spondoolicks in

they never win at the walkers, bet the fans are really upset to be going out!
Excuses, excuses, someone suggested they should have played the game at Twickenham but i doubt they'd even get 40,000 for the game and besides would you want to go down to London for a semi final when they will be playing their in the Final of the EDS Cup and possibly this one as well. The reason they've not won has bugger all to do with atmosphere but with Pat Howards tactics in the previous two games. Okay we shouldn't ground share with Tigers but i can't believe that they'd rather play out of town than play at their Sporting rivals five minutes down the road.

A good move. Even if they do batter the pitch we havent got that long left in the season to worry about it lol. Then again, maybe its orders by RK to get the pitch ready for a long ball session and to spoil all the teams that come to us trying to play passing football??!! I wonder how much something like this is worth to us??? Is it live on the box???

Excuses, excuses, someone suggested they should have played the game at Twickenham but i doubt they'd even get 40,000 for the game and besides would you want to go down to London for a semi final when they will be playing their in the Final of the EDS Cup and possibly this one as well. The reason they've not won has bugger all to do with atmosphere but with Pat Howards tactics in the previous two games. Okay we shouldn't ground share with Tigers but i can't believe that they'd rather play out of town than play at their Sporting rivals five minutes down the road.

i agree, im not saying they lose BECAUSE they are at the walkers, its just because they played crap there!

Last time they played the pitch was crap for ages, as unfortunately it coincided with a run of home games for us, and there were parts of the pitch that were crap for a while. I hate the Tigers playing on it! But good luck anyway

I've just been on the official Tigers forum and they're a very nice bunch! They bascily dont like playing at The Walkers as they feel to far away from the pitch and not involved with the game. Fair enough really

I've just been on the official Tigers forum and they're a very nice bunch! They bascily dont like playing at The Walkers as they feel to far away from the pitch and not involved with the game. Fair enough really

Inciteful bunch!

Oh, I didn't realise the crowd was allowed to join in the game in Rugby... I wonder if they trip up the oppo when the ref's not looking!! :rolleyes:

Oh, I didn't realise the crowd was allowed to join in the game in Rugby... I wonder if they trip up the oppo when the ref's not looking!! :rolleyes:

Yeah you really should get with the times Phube, gone are the days of just the players playing and the crowd watching! You should see rugby now, fans on the pitch all the time, home fans carrying off the away players, its very interesting.

Archived