Smudge Posted 6 April 2007 Posted 6 April 2007 I looked at Dave's "Kelly on the Telly" cartoon today which is brilliant and I'm sure, must have taken a long time to complete. In a day or so it will drift into the back pages and become "lost", which will be a shame. The same applies to narratives like "You Choose", "The Nob" interview and TPH's "Long Dull Post". I wonder if we could have a sticky that saves these special posts on the front page. Apart from being easily found, newcomers would be able to see some of this great stuff in one place. Which piece gets onto the sticky is up for suggestions but as an example it could be nominated by anyone except the original poster and voted on. If it gets "n" votes, it stays.
Daggers Posted 6 April 2007 Posted 6 April 2007 I looked at Dave's "Kelly on the Telly" cartoon today which is brilliant I wonder if we could have a sticky that saves these special posts on the front page? You wouldn't believe the crap I got off Fez when I suggested something similar
Smudge Posted 6 April 2007 Author Posted 6 April 2007 You wouldn't believe the crap I got off Fez when I suggested something similar Crap from Fez? I don't believe it.
Fez of Mahrez Posted 6 April 2007 Posted 6 April 2007 Crap from Fez? I don't believe it. Isn't this basically what Quote of the Week is anyway?
Finnegan Posted 7 April 2007 Posted 7 April 2007 Dunno. I've seen it work on other forums, a Hall of Fame sort of thing. Just a locked forum where old, memorable threads / posts go to rest. Might work. Personally I find the hero-worship of some forum members grates enough as it is, but whatever floats ya boat. I mean, don't get me wrong the people in question are sound guys that make me laugh - but all the " omg that was well funny :worship: " sycophants deserve a slapping.
lookwhaticando Posted 7 April 2007 Posted 7 April 2007 Dunno. I've seen it work on other forums, a Hall of Fame sort of thing. Just a locked forum where old, memorable threads / posts go to rest. Like this one? It's only really 'half-way house' at present - it has 'significant' topics, but not 'creative' ones per se. Still... you can bet some people have bookmarked threads they consider 'creative' - so if you need to find one, just ask around.
Finnegan Posted 7 April 2007 Posted 7 April 2007 Threadmas Past isn't a Hall of Fame, it's just an archive for old news / extensive posts. I'm talking about something similar for the "best" threads, things people are actually likely to bother reading again.
Smudge Posted 7 April 2007 Author Posted 7 April 2007 Isn't this basically what Quote of the Week is anyway? Before I posted this, I had a look at Threadmas past and Quote of the week and don't think that they do the job. This wouldn't be a list of threads just oustanding posts.............one offs. I'll leave it alone since very few folks since very few seem overly fussed
davieG Posted 7 April 2007 Posted 7 April 2007 Before I posted this, I had a look at Threadmas past and Quote of the week and don't think that they do the job. This wouldn't be a list of threads just oustanding posts.............one offs. I'll leave it alone since very few folks since very few seem overly fussed The problem is you'd have to copy and paste and create a new topic for each one. If you just move the original post it messes up the topic it was posted in. Does that make sense? You've also got the problem of deciding what goes in there - judging from the diverse views of LCFC palyer that might prove difficult. We'd probably end up with loads of topics arguing over why something should or should be included. That's not to say I'm against in principle, I'm just problem stating
Smudge Posted 8 April 2007 Author Posted 8 April 2007 The problem is you'd have to copy and paste and create a new topic for each one. If you just move the original post it messes up the topic it was posted in. Does that make sense?You've also got the problem of deciding what goes in there - judging from the diverse views of LCFC palyer that might prove difficult. We'd probably end up with loads of topics arguing over why something should or should be included. That's not to say I'm against in principle, I'm just problem stating Fair enough Davie.
Daggers Posted 9 April 2007 Posted 9 April 2007 I'm sure City Fan will be posting this here soon...so I'll do it for him: Smudge, you should know the rules by now. There are none - it's whatever the mods decide to do there and then to suit themselves, closing and deleting threads that they dont find interesting to read. This forum will never be as good as it used to be until these power hungry mods get booted. Yea! Yea! You tell'em City Boy! I loved 5705 by the way ~ you planning on re-releasing it anytime soon?
Smudge Posted 9 April 2007 Author Posted 9 April 2007 I'm sure City Fan will be posting this here soon...so I'll do it for him:Yea! Yea! You tell'em City Boy! I loved 5705 by the way ~ you planning on re-releasing it anytime soon? Yum craizee ar keed
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.