Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Paul Ince

Just one difference smart ass!

Sunderland had a premier squad when he took over, it didn't take a football genius to get them going.

That's over-simplifying things a bit! Far fewer clubs than you might think bounce back at the first attempt.

Sunderland were bottom of the table and in free-fall when he took over. He has had plenty of backing, and to be honest I don't really like the bloke, but there's no denying he has done an excellent job at Sunderland.

Simon

That's over-simplifying things a bit! Far fewer clubs than you might think bounce back at the first attempt.

Sunderland were bottom of the table and in free-fall when he took over. He has had plenty of backing, and to be honest I don't really like the bloke, but there's no denying he has done an excellent job at Sunderland.

Simon

I'm not doubting Keano's ability as a manager.

I am however doubting Ince's ability to replicate it at City.

I'm still trying to work out how some people think Ince has done a good job at macclesfield!

19 points off a play off place and 5 points away from relegation doesn't constitute a success in my book.

I'm still trying to work out how some people think Ince has done a good job at macclesfield!

19 points off a play off place and 5 points away from relegation doesn't constitute a success in my book.

Bearing in mind the state they were in when he took over, I think he has met all reasonable expectations for the season. Play-offs in the first season were never going to be an option at a club with such scarce resources. I agree that it doesn't tell us much about the job he may or may not do at LCFC but he does know the division from his time at Wolves.

Simon

I'm not doubting Keano's ability as a manager.

I am however doubting Ince's ability to replicate it at City.

That team looked like it was never going to win again untill he turned up, they were considered as good as relegated in November, thats how.

Still doesn't mean he can manage at this level but he has done a fantastic job up there.

Give any player the chance to play for someone they grew up watching and you will get a response but for how long?

I grew up watching Norman Leet and got the chance to play for his team on Sundays. It did fook all for my career......

Archived