Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Paul Ince

I'm glad there is an if thereas i think that is fantasy

Don't you think that this director of football is all a bit of a half measure? To me it says well we don't have full confidence in the manager so we will have a bloke who has done some good before but he's too old for the job!

No. Not a half a measure- just building on a quality management structure. You can't have too much of a good thing! I wouldn't say Keegan coming here is pure fantasy- Milan has the knowledge and know how to make it happen but I think that it is on the outermost realms of possibility.

No. Not a half a measure- just building on a quality management structure. You can't have too much of a good thing! I wouldn't say Keegan coming here is pure fantasy- Milan has the knowledge and know how to make it happen but I think that it is on the outermost realms of possibility.

agreed its not likely but possible i suppose. I still don't like the 2 tier management structure! :thumbup:

I said this last week I think.

So basically he's done a good job a Macclesfield, well done to him, its his first job, However Peter Taylor does a good job at lower level clubs FFS! Another point and this is the point I mention last week...You happy for a the short term fix like we've gone for, for the past 4 or 5 fooking years are you?! He'll come in do an ok job at first then go downhill no doubt, but its ok because Milans got the money now :rolleyes:

I wish people would stop looking at the short term fix! FFS! :frusty:

P.S - Correct Paul Ince or any other manager may turn out to be the man for us he may be a good manager who knows? But who knew RK wasn't the man for us when he first started and IMO its too risky for us to give that kind of chance to a fairly unexperience manager!

Well there was Thracian and myself :thumbup:

Why?

Unless you've not noticed, quality players are normally valued in units of currency and not ambition.

Without money, it doesn't matter how much ambition you've to attract quality to the club. They ain't coming.

Clearer now?

Been away for a while but this is a rumour that's got my attention. If we can't one of the many ex-England managers that are being touted and we do have to go for someone unproven or only proven in lower leagues then I think Ince could be excellent. It's always difficult to tell but he is someone that i'd gamble on because:

a) He's a winner

b) If we want a crack at promotion and staying up we're going to need to be build a squad with some passion and some heart, he's got both and that's bound to rub off on players.

c) He's got contacts in football which we should be able to utilise

d) We can always play him in Midfield if all else fails... :thumbup:

I'm sure like everyone i'd love to see one of the top managers come to us but i'm not sure who that's going to be or why they'd want to come. Someone with the vision and willingness to wheel and deal (Harry's busy at Pompey).

I think you're confusing ambition with money.

Either way it boils down to respect. You have to ask youself why the only loanees Kelly could get in are shite nobody's. Why has he not been able to attract any Premiership kids with futures like Birmingham and Derby? Even the ones at Blackburn didn't want to know him now.

At least Ince would be significant enough to attract these players.

Unless you've not noticed, quality players are normally valued in units of currency and not ambition.

Without money, it doesn't matter how much ambition you've to attract quality to the club. They ain't coming.

Clearer now?

No

Yeah I know you need money to attract most quality players, but someone like Ince, who has played at the top level etc would be more likely to attempt bigger singings, however much money he had available. He'd command more respect as he was a good player himself, has more contacts, and former managers/players that manage bigger clubs than ourselves may accept an offer from Ince rather than RK, and he would know this and it would give him the confidence to attempt an ambitious signing.

Either way it boils down to respect. You have to ask youself why the only loanees Kelly could get in are shite nobody's. Why has he not been able to attract any Premiership kids with futures like Birmingham and Derby? Even the ones at Blackburn didn't want to know him now.

Look at all of the loan deals concluded on the deadline day.

Seems there's little respect for anyone these days.

No

Yeah I know you need money to attract most quality players, but someone like Ince, who has played at the top level etc would be more likely to attempt bigger singings, however much money he had available. He'd command more respect as he was a good player himself, has more contacts, and former managers/players that manage bigger clubs than ourselves may accept an offer from Ince rather than RK, and he would know this and it would give him the confidence to attempt an ambitious signing.

In which case, look at the Macc Town squad and show me how this has worked to date for Mr Ince. If as you say it doesn't matter about money, please tell me the ambitious signings he's made to date.

In which case, look at the Macc Town squad and show me how this has worked to date for Mr Ince. If as you say it doesn't matter about money, please tell me the ambitious signings he's made to date.

Good grief, what are you expecting?

Yeah this is a better way of putting it :thumbup:

Yeah, while the likes of Swindon have signed Dani Alves :rolleyes:

I didn't say money didn't matter, I said it's not the only factor affecting whether a player would come to us. Maybe someone who follows League Two football

would be able to tell whether his signings for Macclesfield are ambitious or not.

I have to say all this business about learning trades as far a a football manager goes is horseshit! Cloughie, O'Neill, Keane, SAF, Mourinho, Wenger, all top guys good at every job as far as i can recall

I believe if your good enough on the 1st day you are on the last, Keane does not look like he needed to be told that he has to go to Accrington then come back in a few years. SAF, O'Neill did start lower down with respective clubs they obviously picked something up but if O'Neill started at LCFc for example are you saying he would have done a bad job? Would Tony Adams or Bryan Robson after 10 years at Chester be better equipt to manage LCFC? Who knows who cares Ince will be better than the shite RK has dished up for the last 12 months!

Oh right like Kelly was, the new MON on his first few games? Like Levein was the new MON when he was appointed? Like Micky Adams did a great job in his first season when he got us promoted? Like Taylor was the new MON when he got us to the top of the league later to get us relegated?

And I know people are going to deny it now, but almost everyone has got behind every one of these managers at some point when they first come in, because almost every one of those manager's have done an ok job when they first came to work for LCFC, and I know people are going to deny it because I have posted stuff like this before and they have said "Oh I never liked such and such and they should never had been appointed"...Bullshit!

Vertually every manager since MON has had the tag of "He's the new MON" the moment they have been appointed...Fickle!

I don't know about Ince.

He's inexperianced really and obviously he would be a gamble. He's not managed at this level and we don't know how he would do, if he would be able to get the right players in or not.

However, postives to look at, he has played under the guidance ferguson and may well have picked up a thing or two from Fergie, which would be no bad thing. He would also have quite a few contacts from his playing days as well, him and Milan knoiwledge could prove advantageous in the transfer market, especially as Ince would have seen a lot of lower league talent as well. Maybe he could also get in a few pro's he used to play with for his coaching staff, having some quality ex pro's help with coaching would be helpful to players, especially the youngsters, we seem to have quite a few talented youngsters, and with some quality coaches to pass on experiance and tips this could help with developing them.

Obviously it's all ince, buts and maybes, and I don't think anyone could confidently call either way how good or bad he would be really.

Oh right like Kelly was, the new MON on his first few games? Like Levein was the new MON when he was appointed? Like Micky Adams did a great job in his first season when he got us promoted? Like Taylor was the new MON when he got us to the top of the league later to get us relegated?

And I know people are going to deny it now, but almost everyone has got behind every one of these managers at some point when they first come in, because almost every one of those manager's have done an ok job when they first came to work for LCFC, and I know people are going to deny it because I have posted stuff like this before and they have said "Oh I never liked such and such and they should never had been appointed"...Bullshit!

Vertually every manager since MON has had the tag of "He's the new MON" the moment they have been appointed...Fickle!

You've read that wrong, these managers you've mentioned are not good enough, and they never were. You're talking about peoples perceptions of managers. just because people hailed Levein as thye new MON, it doesn't mean he was good at first and became bad, it's just that more and more people turned on him. MON wasn't exactly liked in his first few games (apparently, I wouldn't have noticed as I was 5 when he was appointed) but he was good, and he showed it.

Ince to my mind would be an exciting choice for pretty well all the reasons Keane was for sunderland.

A couple of posters have winced at the idea but have given no reasons that I can remember.

Ince did extremely well to lift Macclesfield off the bottom never mind out of the bottom three from the point - it was like trying to revive a dead body really.

But there are other things. Vast experience of winning things at the top level. relatively recent European and international experience. Years of preparation under the best trainers and coaches. An up to date list of contacts at the highest level which we're going to need if we're going to succeed in our aimds.

Ince, like Keane, commands respect as an individual but there is nothing better for a manager than for his charges to know their boss has done far more in the game than they'll perhaps ever do. It focuses the attention and cuts the backchat dead.

Ince is young too and he's played with a naturally attacking manager. Leicester don't just need a change they need a revolution managerially...a whole new frame of mind.

He's not the only one, Newell is quite possibly another, but Ince can give us that and quite possibly would judging by his successes so far as a player and as a winner.

This just goes to show you that if you say someone's name often enough, there'll be a rumour about them eventually. :ph34r:

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

:worship:

Or... Dave Jones, Dave Jones, Dave.... :ph34r:

This just goes to show you that if you say someone's name often enough, there'll be a rumour about them eventually. :ph34r:

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

:worship:

Or... Dave Jones, Dave Jones, Dave.... :ph34r:

Hey, that looks cool!

And I agree - hopefully.

Can anyone explain why Mike Newell would be a good manager for Leicester, okay he's outspoken but also comes across as dour and dull in interviews. People also forget that when he was at Hartlepool he was sacked because when he took over from Chris Turner they were top of the league with a healthy cushion with a few games left and ended up only just getting promoted from Division 3. Also not all Luton fans agree that he was a good manager for them either with most citing Joe Kinnear being responsible for most of the good work that enabled Newell to get them promoted from League One.

Mandaric needs to be bold and brave with his choice of manager and who knows maybe Ince could be the man to get us back up there.

Archived