Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ferry jambo

Rob Kelly

hi,

Im a jambo, rumour circulating up here that we are in talks with kelly, authorised by your board in regards to becoming our head coach next season.

Any rumours down there of similar nature? and is he really as bad as your position suggests?

Also does it not stick a wee bit that levein is once again transforming a weak team for peanuts after the shoddy job he did for you?

Not heard anything like that, but I'll feel less bad about booting him if he has another job lined up.

You'll get different opinions. He plays defensive football and occasionally appears tactically naive, but for some reason I could actually see him doing well in Scottish football. He's not living up to expectations, but he has operated with one hand behind his back for much of the season.

Overall he's been below par, but not spectacularly dire, I wouldn't say, though many would disagree.

hes a good manger were only doing crap because are players are crap

You can hardly say he's a good manager but I agree with the players being crap part.

I hope this is true, probably a job better suited to him and it would mean he has a job when he leaves us. :thumbup:

Just joined Jambos Kickback to read the thread on Kelly.

It's apparently a rumour taken from Hibs.net. :blink: How does that work then?

Thats what a few claim everytime ( which is a lot) something they dont like is announced

Yes hibs.net are responsible for a fair few rumours but this one may have more substance, was interested if you had heard anything

Thats what a few claim everytime ( which is a lot) something they dont like is announced

Yes hibs.net are responsible for a fair few rumours but this one may have more substance, was interested if you had heard anything

Difficult to tell. He'll get a slagging on here.

Bizarre team selections - playing unfit players, persisting with decent players out of position (Maybury at left-back or on the right wing, Stephen Hughes on the right wing for example).

Pretty uninspiring loan signings, really scraping the barrel.

Kept us up last year by getting a bit of spirit within the squad and moving Kisnorbo (now arguably our best player and possibly even Premiership class, you might be surprised to hear) to centre-back while getting the most out of Iain Hume.

Hope you've got a smashing bunch of lads there though, else he'll be REALLY shit.

Maybs on the right wing :unsure:

this I have to see

We had the same problem, maybs on his day is easily one of the best right backs in this country but levein kept playing him at lb and he just wasnt the same class there

Right wing, well I can see that being an interesting one, he could cross a ball but a winger is strectching it

why do you not like hughes? is he still about 2 stone?

Bizarre team selections - playing unfit players, persisting with decent players out of position (Maybury at left-back or on the right wing, Stephen Hughes on the right wing for example).

Kept us up last year by getting a bit of spirit within the squad and moving Kisnorbo (now arguably our best player and possibly even Premiership class, you might be surprised to hear) to centre-back while getting the most out of Iain Hume.

Hope you've got a smashing bunch of lads there though, else he'll be REALLY shit.

to be honest the team spirit up here and general work rate is attrocious

As for paddy K, he always was a centre half, even when we had him, he just wasnt near the best ( bear in mind we had webster and pressley) so he played were he could

Maybs on the right wing :unsure:

this I have to see

We had the same problem, maybs on his day is easily one of the best right backs in this country but levein kept playing him at lb and he just wasnt the same class there

Right wing, well I can see that being an interesting one, he could cross a ball but a winger is strectching it

why do you not like hughes? is he still about 2 stone?

He doesn't play him there anymore thankfully. :thumbup: Now he plays him at left-back. :doh:

Hughes isn't quick enough for my liking. Wants the ball yeah, but has been shocking for two seasons now really. It's a shame cos he looked really good when he first joined.

Oh yeah and do you fancy taking on a slow, fat, old centre-forward from Surinam with the turning circle of an oil tanker?

He doesn't play him there anymore thankfully. :thumbup: Now he plays him at left-back. :doh:

Hughes isn't quick enough for my liking. Wants the ball yeah, but has been shocking for two seasons now really. It's a shame cos he looked really good when he first joined.

Oh yeah and do you fancy taking on a slow, fat, old centre-forward from Surinam with the turning circle of an oil tanker?

Leave big marky alone

guys a legend

He always carried a bit of weight but it didnt stop him

Did he not run riot for you against spurs last season

He needs to be played regularly but when he is he's a class player, but age and injuries are probably catching up with him. Id take him though, couldnt be worse than what we have

Ill do you a deal , we take de vriesy, hughes and maybs and you can have all of our eastern europeans ( and theres a lot of them)

i still reckon rob kelly is a good manger and if you say hes crap wot was he when we had them good months and beating teams like Southampton and cov and coming back to beat stoke 2-1 and putting up good fights against the best teams in this league and good teams from the prem

Leave big marky alone

guys a legend

He always carried a bit of weight but it didnt stop him

Did he not run riot for you against spurs last season

He needs to be played regularly but when he is he's a class player, but age and injuries are probably catching up with him. Id take him though, couldnt be worse than what we have

Ill do you a deal , we take de vriesy, hughes and maybs and you can have all of our eastern europeans ( and theres a lot of them)

Done and done. We'll throw in BartonFox for free.

I'm sure Levein tried Kisnorbo at centre back first.

And no, it doesnt bother me Levein is doing well at Dunwhere? He simply isnt good enough for Leicester so I'm happy he isnt here.

Well yeah he did because he was good in that position and I think he's been there ever since.

In fact there were a select few who dared suggest that Levein was on the right track, all he needed was a goalscorer (step forward Matt Fryatt who was prolific towards the end of the season).

Fryatt is shít now and Levein is gone. Ahh, the path not taken................

Well yeah he did because he was good in that position and I think he's been there ever since.

In fact there were a select few who dared suggest that Levein was on the right track, all he needed was a goalscorer (step forward Matt Fryatt who was prolific towards the end of the season).

Fryatt is shít now and Levein is gone. Ahh, the path not taken................

Well Kisnorbo certainly played in central midfield in Levein's last game in charge at Plymouth. That's as much as I can remember and be arsed to find out for certain but I'm pretty sure Kisnorbo at CB was a Kelly thing.

Well Kisnorbo certainly played in central midfield in Levein's last game in charge at Plymouth. That's as much as I can remember and be arsed to find out for certain but I'm pretty sure Kisnorbo at CB was a Kelly thing.
Leicester: Douglas, Stearman, McCarthy, Johansson, Maybury (Smith 57), Hughes, Gudjonsson, Wesolowski, Kisnorbo, de Vries (Hume 70), Fryatt (Hammond 70).

Subs Not Used: Hamill, O'Grady.

Midfield for Craig's last match, it seems. :mellow:

Archived