Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ferry jambo

Rob Kelly

So when did RK say he wanted a job in Scotland. :blink:

I'm sure they have a smashing bunch of lads up there. :thumbup:

lol thats all he seems to care about. We have a great bunch of lads but there sh!te at football

TBH Kelly is the man for the job here but on a whole I don't think its all his fault, the sooner the summer comes and we get rid of the deadwood in our squad (Which is vertually the whole squad) the sooner the club can start looking up (And thats without knowing what players or management will be in next season - Says it all about the current squad ah?!)

Anyway Kelly would do a good job in the Micky Mouse league up there! If Levein can do a good job up there I would have though Kelly would do just as good a job.

Just joined Jambos Kickback to read the thread on Kelly.

It's apparently a rumour taken from Hibs.net. :blink: How does that work then?

LINK HERE

Looks like it might be that guy who posts here in GF&S every time Hibs do anything.

Thanks , just like to keep you informed and i dont really know what to post in here :cool:

I have heard from many people that this is true and one of my sources being Gerry Taggart (sp)

not sure how he would know though :dunno:

Kelly is in Edinburgh at the moment so unless hes taking a holiday there and dont know what else he could be doing.

:dunno:

HL

Bollocks

Oh and (most of) these players did brilliant under Levein, didn't they?

And before you say Levein wasn't too good either, He's doing ok in Scotland (Before he came to Leicester and after he left Leicester) fair enough the scottish leagues are Micky Mouse standards, but I have seen many comments on here from people saying Levein wasn't such a bad manager afterall...Nothing changed!

Having said all this I do want Kelly out, but i'm sick and tired of reading people sticking up for the players and putting all the blame on Kelly...It is Kelly's fault but equally it is the players faults. And I keep saying the sooner the summer comes and we get rid of the deadwood in this squad (Pretty much all the players) the sooner this club can start looking up and i'm saying that without even knowing who will be playing or manageing at this club.

Thanks , just like to keep you informed and i dont really know what to post in here :cool:

I have heard from many people that this is true and one of my sources being Gerry Taggart (sp)

not sure how he would know though :dunno:

Kelly is in Edinburgh at the moment so unless hes taking a holiday there and dont know what else he could be doing.

:dunno:

HL

:blink:

The bastard best not be in Scotland, he's supposed to be managing the team on the south coast of England in a matter of hours. :ermm:

Agree that he fields unfit players and sometimes plays a team that looks stupid - but our real problem has been lack of decent players. If players are unfit there's no other first choice to go for. When we lost Gudjonsson it took the backbone out of the midfield imo, it would be like if the Celts lost Naka, we'd just have defensive crap left.

Kelly saw that we needed forwards but couldn't afford them, so he had to bring in freebies that turned out to be pish.

When he finally had money, he had little options. He would have had Milan hounding prem clubs as well for their attackers, and we got a few on loan in the end but only Jarrett shows promise imo and the others have also turned out to be pish.

The real question is now do we

a) give Kelly a real shot over the break to build the squad, or

b) have him leave because, for whatever reason he hasn't proven himself to be the prem material that Milan will be used to?

I think Kelly is potentially a decent manager and the best realistic finish to the season was probably 13th-15th. His performance has been only slightly below par, I would say, considering the various limitations imposed on him. Our squad is absolutely tiny and lacks quality, we have no money (couldn't afford 160k for Gudjohnsson!?) and his backroom staff are tightly stretched.

Given his previous record as a youth coach, his defensive focus is puzzling, and probably because he recognises all of these limitations and is being realistic, though it's difficult to say that for certain. Despite this, though, he's occasionally shown himself a tad tactically naive, and some of his team selections and substitutions are puzzling. It must be said, too, that a couple of players have gone backwards under him.

Overall for this season he gets a C+ from me, which is why, whilst I won't be too sorry to see him go, I don't want the bloke ending up destitute.

I think Kelly is potentially a decent manager and the best realistic finish to the season was probably 13th-15th. His performance has been only slightly below par, I would say, considering the various limitations imposed on him. Our squad is absolutely tiny and lacks quality, we have no money (couldn't afford 160k for Gudjohnsson!?) and his backroom staff are tightly stretched.

Given his previous record as a youth coach, his defensive focus is puzzling, and probably because he recognises all of these limitations and is being realistic, though it's difficult to say that for certain. Despite this, though, he's occasionally shown himself a tad tactically naive, and some of his team selections and substitutions are puzzling. It must be said, too, that a couple of players have gone backwards under him.

Overall for this season he gets a C+ from me, which is why, whilst I won't be too sorry to see him go, I don't want the bloke ending up destitute.

Fair assessment :thumbup:

Agree that he fields unfit players and sometimes plays a team that looks stupid - but our real problem has been lack of decent players. If players are unfit there's no other first choice to go for. When we lost Gudjonsson it took the backbone out of the midfield imo, it would be like if the Celts lost Naka, we'd just have defensive crap left.

Kelly saw that we needed forwards but couldn't afford them, so he had to bring in freebies that turned out to be pish.

When he finally had money, he had little options. He would have had Milan hounding prem clubs as well for their attackers, and we got a few on loan in the end but only Jarrett shows promise imo and the others have also turned out to be pish.

The real question is now do we

a) give Kelly a real shot over the break to build the squad, or

b) have him leave because, for whatever reason he hasn't proven himself to be the prem material that Milan will be used to?

You can't blame Kelly for the sort of individual errors that are making us run uphill most of the time but you can blame him for not playing a proper attacking midfielder like King and you can blame him for persisting with 4-4-2 when we don't seem to have a fit right winger of any consequence. You have to blame him too for the lack of fluency and the sloppy response in situations that should be pre-prepared in training.

You can't blame Kelly for the sort of individual errors that are making us run uphill most of the time but you can blame him for not playing a proper attacking midfielder like King and you can blame him for persisting with 4-4-2 when we don't seem to have a fit right winger of any consequence. You have to blame him too for the lack of fluency and the sloppy response in situations that should be pre-prepared in training.

True. He's always saying "we know we're crap at set pieces and we've been working on them in training," but no results on the pitch. Our free kicks are shocking.

It's little things like that that won't be good enough for a chairman expecting prem quality sooner rather than later.

True. He's always saying "we know we're crap at set pieces and we've been working on them in training," but no results on the pitch. Our free kicks are shocking.

It's little things like that that won't be good enough for a chairman expecting prem quality sooner rather than later.

If he was the decent fellow everyone keeps saying he is he'd do the decent think, agree his compensation and resign to put us out of our misery.

When all said and done, Plymouth have hardly been blazing a trail lately.

It's also worth mentioning that under Kelly our back 4 has been solid when we've had options / no injuries, that was previously shite under Levein.

:laugh:

Oi! MP! Get this into the quote of the week contenders...

Archived