Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Should Wortho have made a difference by now?

As a rule regarding the 1st question id say yes, on the basis of a new change of regime and such and with any other club it might be so the "Honeymoon period", but as LeicesterCityFootballClub as Wortho says, is lacking so much in spirit and fight its not really suprising we've lost both games, albeit according to some lost showing improvement. My answer to your 2nd question is No.

When in Tenerife, I'd heard the news Kelly was sacked I was ecstatic, because I thought a new manager is definitely worth 3 points from his first 2 games in charge. Even my missus' old man says so. Do you think that is generally true and can you see Wortho being the man to get them points??

The only people who are going to get us 3 points is the players, and on current form they ain't bothered about 3 points. So - No!

I think with a manager like wortho ( not great just adequate) we will pick up the suffiecient points to stay up.

However he is not the man to take us forward after this season.

Hate to say this but my opinion of him has changed slighty...there was a definate change in the second half on Tuesday and I really think we can scrape a result tomorrow!

The Wortho effect seems to be going down fighting, instead of just going down. Being fair, he's got a huge task on his hands. Hopefully we can get positive results as well as better performances though.

(also, "get a result" is the most irritating phrase ever. Almost every match gives a result... just that they're crap ones. :P )

The Wortho effect seems to be going down fighting, instead of just going down. Being fair, he's got a huge task on his hands. Hopefully we can get positive results as well as better performances though.

(also, "get a result" is the most irritating phrase ever. Almost every match gives a result... just that they're crap ones. :P )

Forgot who posted it, but it was posted during the week and I love the quote;

If someone goes on ready steady cook, and is given 5 quid to buy shit, it doesn't matter if a 7 year old kid or Gordon Ramsey "makes" something or cooks with it at the end of the day its gonna taste of shit!

:worship: (Basically doesn't matter who the manager is, with the shite players we have playing for us it'll change nowt...or very little)

He has, it's obvious. He gets more out of the players and, with time, they look fitter. The second half against Brum showed this. They had the resilience to go out and carry on fighting and they looked fit considering they were knackered at half time against Norwich.

He has, it's obvious. He gets more out of the players and, with time, they look fitter. The second half against Brum showed this. They had the resilience to go out and carry on fighting and they looked fit considering they were knackered at half time against Norwich.

Thing is with that like DavieG said elsewhere, i can't really see the players suddenly becoming fit from the Saturday to the Tuesday night unless all they have been doing is the old Jock Wallace treatment. White lies imo and its more that he gave them a good rollocking and the fact the fans were in good voice that spurred them on.

Thats just my view on it though.

Its worth remembering that while Wortho has been in charge for two games, he's still only been in charge for a little over a week... despite this the quality of the performances have been far better than anything I at least saw under Kelly, we were a bit unlucky against Norwich to be honest, so yes I think Wortho's made a difference I just wish it'd be brought over into pulling in the points we desperatley need! :unsure:

Improving a team doesn't necessarily mean you win games immediately.

It was always going to be hard for a manager with a small, in some ways unfamiliar squad, and like it or not it takes time for a team to settle and for you to see where the real and permanent weaknesses lie.

Worthington has done much in terms of getting more tempo from the players, more drive forward from more people an more balance generally.

But while Worthington is working hard so are other managers and other teams, often with bigger and recently reinforced squads.

It's a bit unkind but we only got the leftovers in loans and now we're stretched like a new mother having twins.

Forgot who posted it, but it was posted during the week and I love the quote;

If someone goes on ready steady cook, and is given 5 quid to buy shit, it doesn't matter if a 7 year old kid or Gordon Ramsey "makes" something or cooks with it at the end of the day its gonna taste of shit!

:worship: (Basically doesn't matter who the manager is, with the shite players we have playing for us it'll change nowt...or very little)

I believe you've quoted Hullfox there. :thumbup:

Improving a team doesn't necessarily mean you win games immediately.

It was always going to be hard for a manager with a small, in some ways unfamiliar squad, and like it or not it takes time for a team to settle and for you to see where the real and permanent weaknesses lie.

Worthington has done much in terms of getting more tempo from the players, more drive forward from more people an more balance generally.

But while Worthington is working hard so are other managers and other teams, often with bigger and recently reinforced squads.

It's a bit unkind but we only got the leftovers in loans and now we're stretched like a new mother having twins.

Lovely :thumbup:

We'll be all right, things will lok much better tomorrow evening

Archived