Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

i hate to moan at this point but...

Agree again, I'm also finding it hard to form a proper opinion of Worthington yet and remain a bit wary of this whole "he's played the kids, give him the job" opinion.

Most of the people on this site, myself perhaps included, have unrealistically high expectations of how many youngsters are going to get a chance in the first team. You'll struggle to find any manager who would meet the generally acceptable criteria whilst also having a record of playing a lot of kids in the same team.

Having said that, Worthington's team selections so far (Logan back in goal, Stearman starting, Mattock getting a chance, Weso playing, Fryatt and Hume up front) appear to go against Mandaric's call for more experience in the side. Whether that will mean anything, I don't know.

He has touted that idea a lot but I also read somewhere :dunno: , that one of the reasons he fell out with Rednapp/Portsmouth was that he wanted a proper youth set up in order to best secure the future of the club and to save him always having to dip in his pockets for the whole team rather than just to fill the gaps.

As for Wortho I'm neither for or against, in fact I don't see how anyone can nail their colours to the mast without knowing what alternatives are on offer. I'd like to think the list includes more than just Wortho, Coleman and the other also rans.

Edited to add those high expectations are the result of it being our only realistic alternative of improving the team given our previous parlous financial state that only enabled us to bring in the likes of Johnson

Some of the goals that Hendo let in looked questionable and I would reckon that Logan, whose strength is shot stopping would have got to some of them.

We'll never know and besides it's just not that simple to judge shot stopping, amoongst other things is also about anticipation and positioning, personally I've not got the expertise in goalkeeping to make a judgement on those skills.

We'll never know and besides it's just not that simple to judge shot stopping, amoongst other things is also about anticipation and positioning, personally I've not got the expertise in goalkeeping to make a judgement on those skills.

Nor have I but Hendo has had quite a long career in the lower leagues already and has limitations in position and distribution. His decision making is strange at times too but Logan looks like a better shot-stopper already and is the future of this club or at least should be ahead of the current keepers we have. I would personally take on the Greek keeper at Hartlepool who is out of contract in the summer. He is yet to sign a deal but whenever I have watched him he looks quality. I`d have him and Logan fighting for thr No1 jersey and I would punt Rab out to Gretna and keep Hendo as no3.

i'm a keeper myself and i train with a leicester provided set up with qualified coaches, 1 of which ( who has left now ) was an england U16 international, I also played for the academy as a keeper. i know the trade of being a keeper, not as if im experienced or anything but ive been taught it all. And one thing they always bang on at you about is feet... you must put feet in before a dive and make as much ground as possible, and Loagan sometimes ( im not saying all the time ) has the tendancy to restrict foot movement and just collapse like a tree! whereas henderson always shuffles across his goal and puts in many steps before diving into a save, a therefore propelling him further, off-course i can never know exactly whether hendo woulddve saved some of logans conceded goals, but its this that sometimes leads me to believe henderson would have been more skilled to save a shot. But on the instance of the birmingham game, i think he would have come out and claimed the ball, and thats just decision making, logan stuttered, and THEN came, you either stay or go, never hesitate and then fo one, henderson is confident on most occasions and collects the ball, logan just isnt quite there yet, i hope 1 day, he will improve on these aspects, and become a better keeper. In my opinion, henderson is the better keeper, but good luck to conrad for the future, im sure he can work on these points.

If I never have to watch the entire field of play move to the right side of the pitch every single time Henderson takes a goal kick I shall be very happy. It makes me cringe every single time because the opposition always know exactly where the ball is going because he always hits the same spot. At least Logan can kick a football.

If I never have to watch the entire field of play move to the right side of the pitch every single time Henderson takes a goal kick I shall be very happy. It makes me cringe every single time because the opposition always know exactly where the ball is going because he always hits the same spot. At least Logan can kick a football.

straight into the grateful arms of the oppositions keeper :whistle:

Archived