Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

i hate to moan at this point but...

To be fair to people who put their trust in Barber, Rowett agreed and asked why Henderson wasn't playing (who apparantly impressed last time Rowett saw him).

Not saying 'so yeah radio listeners are right and the people who traveled are all poo-poo heads', but if they agree you tend to believe them. More so when Taggs is on, as it happens.

Our first clean sheet since Burnley away, that's 10 games, find something else to moan about.

He also made at least two match saving saves and is therefore due just as much praise as the goal scorer is receiving, in fact they all do because today epitomised what teamwork is all about., they were all, in their own way equal contributors to the vital and deserved win.

Hands up how many people in this thread watched the ****ing game...

I thought so.

Logan had a solid match today. End of.

Well said. :worship::thumbup:

He made some crucial saves that kept us in the game, fair enough he made a few mistakes but he more than made up for them.

I thought so.

Thankyou. He was fantastic today, made some crucial saves towards the end.

I'd say judging by Thracian's expletives he was pretty pleased with his game too :P:whistle:

Oh for god sake. This thread is coming from the guy who said that Henderson is the best keeper in the Championship. :rolleyes:

Logan pulled off some crucial stops today. Ok I'll admit he had a couple of hairy communication errors in a little spell but apart from that he had a good game. :thumbup:

I personally think Logan's a better keeper anyway.

I thought so.

:thumbup: . He kept us in the game in the last few minutes. Couple of good stops. A little shaky at times but solid overall.

:thumbup: . He kept us in the game in the last few minutes. Couple of good stops. A little shaky at times but solid overall.

i admit, he is a good keeper, youve swayed me on that, but, like you all said, a little shaky at times, too often for my liking, we wouldve won against brum if it wasnt for him, his ball claiming from crosses simply isnt good enough, he is a good shot-stopper, but hendo is a better shot stopper, and he can demand his area, i think thats that really :dunno:

This was our first clean sheet since when? :whistle:

Put on a general performance, I would feel safer with Hendo in nets. Logan is good at some stuff, Hendo is just better at it :D

Henderson has dropped so many clangers since the start of the New Year I can only presume you can't see right to the end of the pitch when Henderson plays.

Logan made three point blank saves today but one was offside so wouldn't have counted. And his general work was sound too considering the buffetting he was getting from giant attackers.

That was our first clean sheet in 11 games and seeing as Henderson kept goal in nine of those I think your faith might be misplaced, certainly on current form..

Henderson has dropped so many clangers since the start of the New Year I can only presume you can't see right to the end of the pitch when Henderson plays.

Logan made three point blank saves today but one was offside so wouldn't have counted. And his general work was sound too considering the buffetting he was getting from giant attackers.

That was our first clean sheet in 11 games and seeing as Henderson kept goal in nine of those I think your faith might be misplaced, certainly on current form..

how many of those 9 games were leicester onslaughtered with pressure, percentage wise, henderson is the better, and he wouldve kept a clean sheet today aswell, im afraid its coincidense if you ask me, and hendo would aslo have saved the brum goals aswell, logan wouldve let in as many, if not more goals in the run of 9 games hendo was in goal when we didnt keep a clean sheet

how many of those 9 games were leicester onslaughtered with pressure, percentage wise, henderson is the better, and he wouldve kept a clean sheet today aswell, im afraid its coincidense if you ask me, and hendo would aslo have saved the brum goals aswell, logan wouldve let in as many, if not more goals in the run of 9 games hendo was in goal when we didnt keep a clean sheet

Nice to see an argument backed up with so much factual evidence.

Hendo is over-rated IMO and Logan has proved to be a great shot-stopper although a little dodgy at crosses. He`ll no doubt iron them out as he gets more confident and that result will help him no end. Another brave Wortho decision which I think should be applauded as he keeps the side young(ish)!

I would always prefer Hendeson , but anyway yesterday was a great day from me. LCFC won and my other team Dunfermiline Athetic beat Craig Leveins Dundee United by 1:0 to get to only 1 point adrfit in the SPL after being 9 behind. Spooky thought for you - DAFC's goalie is called de Vries - and he's pretty good!

How the hell you can say any goalkeeper would necessarily have stopped the Birmingham goals I don't know. The defence went awol on both occasions. We were totally exposed.

He kept a clean sheet but what i previously thought was his strong point (commanding and telling players what to do in the area), he appears to have lost a bit. I dont know if its the pressure of being in a relegation battle or what, but he seems to have 'lost his voice' so to speak.

An exampe of this at Preston was when a cross came in and there wasnt a Preston player within 30 yards of Stearman, and he headed it out for a corner showing a lack of basic communication. And can i just say Stearman gave him a RIGHT boll*cking aswel!

He kept a clean sheet against a strikeforce containing an England international so fair play, but if he is going to be in the team next season he has to work hard. But he is still only young.

He kept a clean sheet but what i previously thought was his strong point (commanding and telling players what to do in the area), he appears to have lost a bit. I dont know if its the pressure of being in a relegation battle or what, but he seems to have 'lost his voice' so to speak.

An exampe of this at Preston was when a cross came in and there wasnt a Preston player within 30 yards of Stearman, and he headed it out for a corner showing a lack of basic communication. And can i just say Stearman gave him a RIGHT boll*cking aswel!

He kept a clean sheet against a strikeforce containing an England international so fair play, but if he is going to be in the team next season he has to work hard. But he is still only young.

When you have no reserve team any player coming back in, especially a goalkeeper is going to be rusty and lacking in confidence. Both goalkeepers have their different strengths and weaknesses. I haven't really thought that either of them have particularly deserved to be dropped when it happened and bearing in mind the absence of games for the one in waiting it was probably the wrong decision each time.

I can only think that in this recent situation NW wanted to shake some lethargy out of the squad and this was one way of doing it.

When you have no reserve team any player coming back in, especially a goalkeeper is going to be rusty and lacking in confidence. Both goalkeepers have their different strengths and weaknesses. I haven't really thought that either of them have particularly deserved to be dropped when it happened and bearing in mind the absence of games for the one in waiting it was probably the wrong decision each time.

I can only think that in this recent situation NW wanted to shake some lethargy out of the squad and this was one way of doing it.

Spot on. Stating the obvious here but I also think more specifically that Logan has been brought back in as part of a younger, hungrier overall approach, i.e. Mattock playing, King and Gradel being involved with the first team etc.

Spot on. Stating the obvious here but I also think more specifically that Logan has been brought back in as part of a younger, hungrier overall approach, i.e. Mattock playing, King and Gradel being involved with the first team etc.

It's funny that because the Norwich fans slated him for not introducing/using the younger up and coming players.

I therefore think it has more to do with wanting to have 'hungrier' players than some of those that were 'too comfortable' and failing. With our small squad, most of whom had been party to this failure he had no choice and was subsequently 'forced' in a do or die approach to bring in the younger players like Mattock.

This is why it's is difficult to judge the suitability of NW as a permanent manager, I get the impression he's acting out of character due to the situation, this 'young player' approach does not appear to be in his CV.

It's funny that because the Norwich fans slated him for not introducing/using the younger up and coming players.

I therefore think it has more to do with wanting to have 'hungrier' players than some of those that were 'too comfortable' and failing. With our small squad, most of whom had been party to this failure he had no choice and was subsequently 'forced' in a do or die approach to bring in the younger players like Mattock.

This is why it's is difficult to judge the suitability of NW as a permanent manager, I get the impression he's acting out of character due to the situation, this 'young player' approach does not appear to be in his CV.

Agree again, I'm also finding it hard to form a proper opinion of Worthington yet and remain a bit wary of this whole "he's played the kids, give him the job" opinion.

Most of the people on this site, myself perhaps included, have unrealistically high expectations of how many youngsters are going to get a chance in the first team. You'll struggle to find any manager who would meet the generally acceptable criteria whilst also having a record of playing a lot of kids in the same team.

Having said that, Worthington's team selections so far (Logan back in goal, Stearman starting, Mattock getting a chance, Weso playing, Fryatt and Hume up front) appear to go against Mandaric's call for more experience in the side. Whether that will mean anything, I don't know.

Archived