Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BRF

Anyone settle for a point next week?

Yes is was a hell of a game that one. Always think about that game when anyone mentions Leicester - real thriller. Quality stuff - one of those games, played in that kind of spirit, where neither team genuinely deserves to lose.

Hats of to the Foxes.

A 1-1 like that do then?

I was saying on the way home why should Leicester and Barnsley go hammer and tongs at each other next week and each take unnecessary risks with their status. Surely all they're obliged to do is what's best for their futures. Nil-nil will do fine thanks - and both would be safe.

On reflection Thracian Barnsley could still go down on goal difference if Leeds were to win their last two game., they are both -24 at the moment, unlikely but you never know :dunno:

Well it's all about mentality. Leicester will be feeling a lot more confident now, they've won a game at last and it gives Nigel Worthington another week to work his charm on the team again. I think we'll do alright, by the sounds of things we're looking half decent at the minute (I'm a radio listener myself) but with a bit of luck and a lot of commitment, we should be alright. But you're always going to think differently, you're a Barnsley fan.

No - speaking from an objective point of view, and setting aside the fact that I would obviously prefer to see Barnsley take all three points a secure mathematical safety - I can appreciate that it is one of those games where anything can happen and hearts can get broken on either side.

1) It's the run in/relegation dog fight.

2) We're at home having won our last three games

3) We're a totally different outfit to the one which lost to you earlier in the year (trust me on this)

on the other side of the fence I respect the fact that you have strengths and we have frailities - and we could lose, and a defeat for us has to be just as likely as a win, but I genuinely do believe that if both teams go out and play a full blooded match, both try to win, either side could take all three points OR end up with a point each anyway. What happened earlier in the season has nothing to do with it - every game at this point is a cup final.

I was saying on the way home why should Leicester and Barnsley go hammer and tongs at each other next week and each take unnecessary risks with their status. Surely all they're obliged to do is what's best for their futures. Nil-nil will do fine thanks - and both would be safe.

Who are you and what have you done with Thracian? ;):P

for the littlewoods pools?

Now there's a blast from the past! (I used to fill my dad's coupon every other week, I did win him some money as well!).

lets just say my dad knew very very little about football in that era, it was soon after he imigrated to mighty mighty england and i get the feeling he did the pools to fit in lol
I used to spend hours looking over the fixtures, even as a 6 yr old. Sad or what?

thats what i used to do, the last 6 results for both teams/home and away form plus league positions....never really worked for me tho.....do littlewoods still do the pools?? spot the ball was cool 2

They do indeed, but I no longer live at home, so daddy no longer has my input.

You might think like that... but I sure as hell hope our players aren't... who cares about safety... it's about playing good football and our boys are doing that at the moment.

I'd rather we continue to improve and see how we go than aim for a boring scoreline of nothing and a game where fans are dudded... fixing things is the worst thing to do in sport.

GO LEICESTER and show Barnsley what you are made of... the finish will come soon enough, and with the performance against Preston, I think we can put on a nice show next weekend... :D :D

if leeds or hull drop points in their last 2 games we are safe as both sides then cannot catch us. i think we are safe really but i do hope we give barsnely a good game and come away with something. hoping for a top atmosphere with lots of City fans out in force. any nice chippies near your stadium BRF?

I love a gamble and I plan on putting at least £100, maybe £200 on the draw. Im not suggesting that the result will be fixed but a draw as good as guarantees both sides Championship status, regardless of the other results. I can see the teams playing out a dull 0-0 so lets all make our holiday money on this fixture!!! :D

Archived