Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BRF

Anyone settle for a point next week?

Personally I think it would be sensible for both sides to play out a rather boring 0-0 draw and retire to a safe distance watching Hull and Leeds argue about who is going down. I think a point will see us both safe. What do you reckon?

Personally I think it would be sensible for both sides to play out a rather boring 0-0 draw and retire to a safe distance watching Hull and Leeds argue about who is going down. I think a point will see us both safe. What do you reckon?

I'd take a draw, but for travelling 80 miles i would like to see a thrilling 3-3 rather than a boring 0-0 :thumbup:

The win today certainly takes the sting out of this game and I'm sure that not as many will go, however there still should be a good 3,000 of us a top atmosphere and a nice draw to send the scum down.

All together now:

WE ALL HATE LEEDS! (SCUM)

:cool:

All together now:

:cool:

My fave song of the day :clap:

Was singing it as I drove home!

Your club are mad if you play for a 0-0 draw. As i've said elsewhere, if leeds and hull win both they're remaining games and we draw 0-0 and then lost to nil in are final game, you'll go down.

Do you think your club will want to risk it ?

Yeah that was a bit crap of the club.

I still remember most of L-block chanting 'We only paid a pound'.

I think a draw is the most likely result anyway, if I'm honest. I doubt they'll play for it deliberately, but things have a way of going that way if it's for everyone's benefit.

I'd never settle for a draw, if there's 3 points on offer we should bloody well go for them! A negative attitude like that will never get you anywhere. ;)

Anyway, good luck, I was hoping you'd stay up this season, I think Barnsley's a decent club. :thumbup:

FAO BRF (or all other Barnsley fans on here)

Are you still bitter about the ticket pricing policy adopted by our club for the fixture against barnsley before christmas?

I'm not even bitter about the fact that you gave us a right pasting - how can I be bitter about the fact that the ticket prices were higher?

At the end of the day, I said at the beginning of the season that anything that placed us above the relegation zone was a massive achievement for us - and we are now within realistic touching distance. I'm nothing but happy. :thumbup:

Even though the possibility of a bore draw is very high i'm quite tempted to go to the game just have the chance of saying "I was there to see Leicester mathermatically safe" even though it was today that has kept us up tbh! lol

Your club are mad if you play for a 0-0 draw. As i've said elsewhere, if leeds and hull win both they're remaining games and we draw 0-0 and then lost to nil in are final game, you'll go down.

Do you think your club will want to risk it ?

Leeds have to beat Derby away on the last day, after beating a very tidy and well organised Ipswich town. I think a point will be enough for us and that would be a gamble I would be willing to take. In honesty I expect to see Leeds lose their remaining games (both of them) and get relegated with the points they currently hold.

At least I hope so.

:unsure:

To be honest, we can beat Barnsley quite comfortably. I was there at the first game against them this season and we were comfortable through the whole game. Now I know they've recently picked up some form and whatnot but if we could beat them back then, we should easily win now. We'll playing better that's a certainty.

Who remembers the Mexican Wave beig brought out after going 2-0 up? How easy is it to please the City faithful?

I'd never settle for a draw, if there's 3 points on offer we should bloody well go for them! A negative attitude like that will never get you anywhere. ;)

Anyway, good luck, I was hoping you'd stay up this season, I think Barnsley's a decent club. :thumbup:

Cheers!

All the best to you. I expect to see Leicester doing much better next year where we will still be struggling unfortunately. :frusty:

To be honest, we can beat Barnsley quite comfortably. I was there at the first game against them this season and we were comfortable through the whole game. Now I know they've recently picked up some form and whatnot but if we could beat them back then, we should easily win now. We'll playing better that's a certainty.

Who remembers the Mexican Wave beig brought out after going 2-0 up? How easy is it to please the City faithful?

I don't think it is cut and dried like that mate, and I honestly don't believe that many Foxes do either... a defeat at Oakwell would set you up for a real nail biter on the final day. You might not think there is a high possibility of that happening - but let's be objective about this, it could happen quite realistically.

As much as I want Leeds to go down, there is noway I want Leicester to come up with a 0-0 draw. Three points today were vital however Leicester are noway safe and Barnsley are there easiest remaining game.

Cheers!

All the best to you. I expect to see Leicester doing much better next year where we will still be struggling unfortunately. :frusty:

Barnsleh is very dear to me, Joachim's goal in the Cup was better than that Ginola effort everyone w**** over. And you got a wonder goal too, if I recall? :dunno:

Shame about the final outcome. :cry:

Well it's all about mentality. Leicester will be feeling a lot more confident now, they've won a game at last and it gives Nigel Worthington another week to work his charm on the team again. I think we'll do alright, by the sounds of things we're looking half decent at the minute (I'm a radio listener myself) but with a bit of luck and a lot of commitment, we should be alright. But you're always going to think differently, you're a Barnsley fan.

Barnsleh is very dear to me, Joachim's goal in the Cup was better than that Ginola effort everyone w**** over. And you got a wonder goal too, if I recall? :dunno:

Shame about the final outcome. :cry:

Yes is was a hell of a game that one. Always think about that game when anyone mentions Leicester - real thriller. Quality stuff - one of those games, played in that kind of spirit, where neither team genuinely deserves to lose.

Hats of to the Foxes.

I was saying on the way home why should Leicester and Barnsley go hammer and tongs at each other next week and each take unnecessary risks with their status. Surely all they're obliged to do is what's best for their futures. Nil-nil will do fine thanks - and both would be safe.

Archived