Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Tony Adams

And what do you base that wild assumption on then?

well did he sign christiano ronaldo for wycombe? hmm? well, did he? no case closed

anyway i wouldn't fancy tony adams as manager, just because © perry farrell

Certainly not! I would not like to see Tony Adams as our manager!

I'll stick to what I always have said... we need someone with experience who can take us forward not someone still trying to get to grips with management! That leaves us with 2/3 options (Coleman, Worthington, Keegan (though I would really prefer Coleman far above the others) and leaves out Ince and Adams as they wouldn't take us forward.

Certainly not! I would not like to see Tony Adams as our manager!

I'll stick to what I always have said... we need someone with experience who can take us forward not someone still trying to get to grips with management! That leaves us with 2/3 options (Coleman, Worthington, Keegan (though I would really prefer Coleman far above the others) and leaves out Ince and Adams as they wouldn't take us forward.

:laugh:

Here we go again - Adams wouldn't take us forward but the "experience" of Coleman would? :frusty:

I'd ask "How?"...would it have something to do with his prize-winning ability to tread water before being sacked? What the hell is it with people and Coleman? Is it a gay thing? I haven't got a clue... :dunno:

And what do you base that wild assumption on then?

I base this on the fact that he is unproven as a manager at a reasonable level. Sure he was a great player but that does not mean you would be a good manager. His reputation as a drinker will always go against him. It is hard for him to preach discipline at a club when he has had a reputation for poor discipline himself, therefore the players are unlikely to respect him. For a club to be successful everything has to work in one direction - chairman, manager, coaches and team. If anyone of these links in the chain has a weakness then the team is unlikely to be successful.

Agents would point this out to their players and would therefore ask for even higher wages to compensate for added risk they were taking (of success) or they would sign for another club that is going somewhere.

Leicester are not the only club with money to spend this summer - Aston Villa, West Ham (though £5.5 million less HeHe) Sunderland, Man city, Birmingham, Derby, besides all the big clubs are all thinking of spending serious money. Quality players will have their pick.

This is what I based my not so wild assumption on!!

Tony Adams you are the weakest link - goodbye!!!!!

I base this on the fact that he is unproven as a manager at a reasonable level. Sure he was a great player but that does not mean you would be a good manager. His reputation as a drinker will always go against him. It is hard for him to preach discipline at a club when he has had a reputation for poor discipline himself, therefore the players are unlikely to respect him. For a club to be successful everything has to work in one direction - chairman, manager, coaches and team. If anyone of these links in the chain has a weakness then the team is unlikely to be successful.

Agents would point this out to their players and would therefore ask for even higher wages to compensate for added risk they were taking (of success) or they would sign for another club that is going somewhere.

Leicester are not the only club with money to spend this summer - Aston Villa, West Ham (though £5.5 million less HeHe) Sunderland, Man city, Birmingham, Derby, besides all the big clubs are all thinking of spending serious money. Quality players will have their pick.

This is what I based my not so wild assumption on!!

Tony Adams you are the weakest link - goodbye!!!!!

How old are you?

I only ask because you obviously have no grasp of alcoholism, have not read his autobiography or met him. Your assertion that his alcoholism means no one would respect him is (quite frankly) abject bollocks. Meet the man and tell me that he doesn't carry an air about him that only a few people in the game carry...speak to people who know him, who eulogise about him: about the measure of the man they hold in the highest of regards.

Unlike most people that cock-up and blindly carry on, spouting cliches in post-match interviews, Adams re-evaluated himself as a professional and went back to basics. His time that he has spent coaching at home and abroad, travelling to teams to evaluate their training methods, building links across Europe...not to mention the dynamic impact he has had at Portsmouth places him head and shoulders above someone like Coleman.

Not only is Adams a highly intelligent man but he is one that is hugely respected by the football community for what he achieved on the pitch and the problems he overcame off it.

Of course, you are still thinking about having a big name manager spending tens of millions of pounds over the summer, competing with Premiership clubs for top name signings...I won't burst that bubble for you.

:laugh:

Here we go again - Adams wouldn't take us forward but the "experience" of Coleman would? :frusty:

I'd ask "How?"...would it have something to do with his prize-winning ability to tread water before being sacked? What the hell is it with people and Coleman? Is it a gay thing? I haven't got a clue... :dunno:

You've gotta admit... he's one handsome bastard. :wub:

lol

For the money, Coleman did a decent job in the Premiership. Perhaps if we get there, he's the man to keep us there... but I have my doubts about his ability to get a team out of this division - even though I hold him in high regard. Decent boss at Premiership level, in my eyes, but perhaps not the right man to build a squad for promotion. I'd welcome him, obviously, but would still have reservations. :thumbup:

Compare that to the likes of Ince who have not demonstrated any managerial ability beyond a League Two relegation scrap. Coleman has the edge over Ince because he's managed at the top. Worthington in my eyes probably has the beating of both of them with his record in this league and getting out of this league and a spell in the top - which wasn't horrendously bad by any stretch.

I was probably supposed to mention TA in there somewhere, but I didn't. You'll all get over it though. :smile:

How old are you?

I only ask because you obviously have no grasp of alcoholism, have not read his autobiography or met him. Your assertion that his alcoholism means no one would respect him is (quite frankly) abject bollocks. Meet the man and tell me that he doesn't carry an air about him that only a few people in the game carry...speak to people who know him, who eulogise about him: about the measure of the man they hold in the highest of regards.

Unlike most people that cock-up and blindly carry on, spouting cliches in post-match interviews, Adams re-evaluated himself as a professional and went back to basics. His time that he has spent coaching at home and abroad, travelling to teams to evaluate their training methods, building links across Europe...not to mention the dynamic impact he has had at Portsmouth places him head and shoulders above someone like Coleman.

Not only is Adams a highly intelligent man but he is one that is hugely respected by the football community for what he achieved on the pitch and the problems he overcame off it.

Of course, you are still thinking about having a big name manager spending tens of millions of pounds over the summer, competing with Premiership clubs for top name signings...I won't burst that bubble for you.

You are correct I have never had the pleasure of meeting Tony Adams but if you had read my post correctly you would note that I did not attack his skills or abilities but stated that he had never managed at a reasonable level ( I doubt you would want to dispute this) and that because of other peoples perceptions of him i.e.players and agents we would find it hard to compete with other clubs to attract decent players.

I state this from personal experience. I had a issue in my life 15 years ago but it still haunts me today, I have overcome the issue worked hard, probably a lot harder than most as I felt I had a point to prove and held down some very responsible jobs, but still there are indivduals in society who will not let the past stay in the past and let you get on with what you are good at - they are quick to remind you of your past. Now I am fortunate not to have to live my life in the media spot light, Tony Adams does not have that luxury. So any time anything ever goes wrong Tony Adams will have his past bought up and splashed across the newspapers. Imagine another La Manga with Tony Adams as boss - the press would have a field day. Do you not think a good agent would point this out to his player? So then a choice between Tony Adams at Leicester and a choice between Steve Bruce at Birmingham would mean that Bruce has an instant advantage due to the doubt a player would have over Adams managerial experience and background.

Your point about a big named manager competing with Premiership clubs - Not quite sure that was how I put it. The clubs I mentioned - Birmingham, Man city, Villa ect are the clubs I would hope that we would be competing against to buy that level of players. I would hope to see Leicester in the premier league and sitting at mid table - that would be as much as I would expect that we could achieve in the near future. I dont suggest that we could ever compete with the likes of Man U or Chelsea but I do think that we should be setting our sites on being able to compete with the likes of Man city, west ham, derby ect. I believe that is the expectation of Milan and of the fans on this site. That is surely the reason that Milan has bought this club to get them promoted and to then stay in the premier league.

So what bubble do you think you are bursting? Is this not your expectation too?

Please feel free to comment upon my posts but at least have the courtesy to read them properly first :D:doh:

Archived