Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Tony Adams

Just read this on the BBC rumour mill thingy:

Reading coach Wally Downes is in line to replace Tony Adams as Portsmouth's assistant manager, with the former Arsenal defender set to leave the role in the summer. (Daily Mail)

Perhaps Milan is lining up Tony Adams as our new manager? He worked with him at Pompey......... :unsure:

I doubt it. I listed all the latest ex-Internationals who havent made it as managers. I wouldnt want him here just incase the pressure gets too much for him and he reaches for the bottle.

I doubt it. I listed all the latest ex-Internationals who havent made it as managers. I wouldnt want him here just incase the pressure gets too much for him and he reaches for the bottle.

Abit unfair, i thought his drinking days were long gone, and he now runs rehab centres and such.

Don't think he'd come in as manager but maybe as a number 2 or coach. I like Adams and he'd instill some spirit and passion but definitely way too risky to be manager. It'll be Ince or Worthington anyway (or Coleman if we're really lucky)

Abit unfair, i thought his drinking days were long gone, and he now runs rehab centres and such.

Actually very unfair but sometimes some ghastly things get spouted in jest lol On a serious note, people like Adams, Mark Wright, Nigel Clough and Bryan Robson have had limited success as managers at the varying levels but sometimes people have got to own up and say that they are not going to make it and should do something else.

Tony Adams as manager with Lennon as his assistant...bringing in half of the AC Milan playing staff during the summer.

Meanwhile, Milan is practising his half-time entertainment act for next season where he will be blowing fire out of his arse.

Tony Adams as manager with Lennon as his assistant...bringing in half of the AC Milan playing staff during the summer.

Meanwhile, Milan is practising his half-time entertainment act for next season where he will be blowing fire out of his arse.

I think i'll get a season ticket next term then. :thumbup:

I'd rather he had experience with another club before opting for him.

Poor at Wycombe, although he has been working with Redknapp, which will come in handy if he does take a managerial role.

Not many assistant managers turn out to be hugely successful.

Former Arsenal defender Tony Adams has rejected a two year deal offer from his current club Portsmouth and could be in line for the manager position at Leicester City.

Tony Adams. now an asssitant to Harry Redknapp at Portsmouth, has been a great contributor to Portsmouth's achievments this season.

Adams has a long and fantastic playing career behind him at Arsenal and has earlier been a manager at Wycombe Wanderers.

He has also coached in Holland with Feyenord and Utrecht, before returning to England and becoming the assistant manager at Portsmouth in June 2006.

http://soccervoice.com/n070492.htm

I'd rather he had experience with another club before opting for him.

Poor at Wycombe, although he has been working with Redknapp, which will come in handy if he does take a managerial role.

Not many assistant managers turn out to be hugely successful.

He has experience... just not very much of it and it wasn't very good. lol

Don't want him.

Amazing, Adams has worked within the game...made mistakes but got down to ironing out his errors and build himself into a better manager is discounted by all and sundry.

And yet some ginger who played for us once automatically gets given the keys to the City. Literally.

"Make Lennon a coach", "Make Lennon the manager", "Make Lennon out of papier-mâché and sticky-back plastic" :nono:

If I can't have Keegan then I'd love Adams as manager. Really love it! :P

:thumbup:

Amazing, Adams has worked within the game...made mistakes but got down to ironing out his errors and build himself into a better manager is discounted by all and sundry.

And yet some ginger who played for us once automatically gets given the keys to the City. Literally.

"Make Lennon a coach", "Make Lennon the manager", "Make Lennon out of papier-mâché and sticky-back plastic" :nono:

Amazing isn't it.

I dont want either here as manager but one thing about Adams is he has already had a crack at management and embarassed himself. It wasnt just the results but his whole demeanor as a defeated man who didnt have a clue. Similarly to how good old Carlton "Hit Les" Palmer was doing when at Stockport lol. Adams has yet to proove any more than to be a great defensive coach because that Pompey defence is playing really well with his input being the major factor apparently (although bringing in Glen Johnson, Sol Campbell and David James may have helped)

I dont want either here as manager but one thing about Adams is he has already had a crack at management and embarassed himself.

People make mistakes all the time...does that write them off in perpetuity? Of course not if they respond in a manner to address the short-comings. He has.

Look at what Adams has done since leaving management. He is a man that has been studying the art and craft of it and forging links across Europe. We would be foolish not to consider him. He is a man that has the ability to bring in players from abroad and has an in depth knowledge of the game at home.

People make mistakes all the time...does that write them off in perpetuity? Of course not if they respond in a manner to address the short-comings. He has.

Look at what Adams has done since leaving management. He is a man that has been studying the art and craft of it and forging links across Europe. We would be foolish not to consider him. He is a man that has the ability to bring in players from abroad and has an in depth knowledge of the game at home.

And no coincidence that Porsmouth have improved beyond all belief defensively in his time there. Martin O'Neill was sacked as Shepshed manager during half-time at Brackley, although he maintains he left of his own accord. Lucky he wasn't written off.

I hope MM is going to make an announcement who the new manager is as soon as possible after the last game otherwise we are going to get linked with every tom, dick and fanny that the papers can dream up.

We keep hoping we are going to attract quality players - but would adams do that? simple no.

Archived