Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Team for Wolves

Why would anyone want to ditch Mattock for the midget? Seriously :dunno:

No need to tinker with a thing, we have a formula that has seen success in 2.5 games.

That is what everyone used to say when we hit some form under Kelly. The fact that Worthington changed the team a few times makes sure the players work hard to get in the team, and who earn his place during the week need not be the same. Plus giving Gradel a chance with a team with some confidence will allow him to prove his worth. Thracian might overdo his praise but Mattock has demonstrated that the academy team is quite good and that the best of the rest deserve their chance now.

That is what everyone used to say when we hit some form under Kelly. The fact that Worthington changed the team a few times makes sure the players work hard to get in the team, and who earn his place during the week need not be the same. Plus giving Gradel a chance with a team with some confidence will allow him to prove his worth. Thracian might overdo his praise but Mattock has demonstrated that the academy team is quite good and that the best of the rest deserve their chance now.

Joe Mattock has demonstrated that Joe Mattock is quite good and ready for the step up. Eric O showed painfully against Aston Villa he is well off the pace and that was against Liam Ridgewell.

I do not want to see us fanny about when the Academy have an important game coming up and I want to beat Wolves, we owe it to Colchester :worship:

Difference from under Kelly is in the 2.5 games I speak of, we've kept clean sheets, worked hard and lasted for 90 minutes. We are a much different team under Nige, I don't fear us losing at present, I just don't have that gut feeling of impending doom I did while that fool Kelly was in charge.

I wouldn't see Elvis getting in the team next season even if he was here - but he can have an impact off the bench if he's not eclipsed by others.

I agree 100% about the midfield support but you wonder if we'll ever have the will to sort that because we're so bogged down with one way of playing instead of finding ways to sort our inadequacies.

If we don't sort it, Fryatt's problems will remain. If we do, everyone will score more goals.

Ironically, if what you've hinted at were the case this season - and Fryatt had been brought in off the bench - I wouldn't have minded so much. But he's not. Even when unfit the fans and manager still picked him without any justification whatsoever.

Like with Weso when unfit it did him no good and if it happens when we're supposed to be pushing for the top it'll cost us dearly.

You cannot win titles with strikers that don't register 15 goals plus per season.

For me Fryatt would need to show that sooner rather than later come the build up and start of next season.

You're wrong to think I'd be happy if he left. But, on balance and accepting he could prove me wrong, I would make the decision and concentrate on getting someone who is perhaps big, strong, fast and can head the ball.

We can't do as we have his season and rely on our centre-backs as being the only people who can convert crosses.

But you put Fryatt in your 'get rid' column and kept Elvis. Fryatt has the potential, can score goals and has the ability to get into the right places at the right time. Elvis has none of those things. If we want someone quick then just sign a sprinter and be done with it. You would basically punish Fryatt because managers decided to use him and fans decided to back him...

We don't have anyone who registers 15 goals a season but this year apart Fryatt scored 15 goals (aged 18/19) then 20 goals (aged 19/20). They are pretty good stats, don't necessarily think he should be immediate first choice but there is a place for him in our squad and as cover if not more.

We can all agree that Fryatt needs a good pre-season, that we need to create more chances, that a few more strikers are needed (including one that can head a ball as a different option) but that doesn't equate with keeping Elvis and getting rid of Fryatt.

Joe Mattock has demonstrated that Joe Mattock is quite good and ready for the step up. Eric O showed painfully against Aston Villa he is well off the pace and that was against Liam Ridgewell.

I do not want to see us fanny about when the Academy have an important game coming up and I want to beat Wolves, we owe it to Colchester :worship:

Difference from under Kelly is in the 2.5 games I speak of, we've kept clean sheets, worked hard and lasted for 90 minutes. We are a much different team under Nige, I don't fear us losing at present, I just don't have that gut feeling of impending doom I did while that fool Kelly was in charge.

Colchester need Southampton to lose not Wolves. The only teams to benefit would be Stoke or Preston.

What's to prove Gradel isn't it? Besides a good twenty minutes is good match practice and confidence against lol league of nations.

Logan

Stearman Kisborbo McAuley Nissa

Newton Weso Hughes Porter

Hume Cadamartari

Subs: Henderson, McCarthy*, King, Gradel, Fryatt**.

*If fit, if not Sheehan.

**Tempted to slap McKay in there instead, but on balance go with Fryatt.

A view to giving a least one of King and Gradel a decent run out.

But you put Fryatt in your 'get rid' column and kept Elvis. Fryatt has the potential, can score goals and has the ability to get into the right places at the right time. Elvis has none of those things. If we want someone quick then just sign a sprinter and be done with it. You would basically punish Fryatt because managers decided to use him and fans decided to back him...

We don't have anyone who registers 15 goals a season but this year apart Fryatt scored 15 goals (aged 18/19) then 20 goals (aged 19/20). They are pretty good stats, don't necessarily think he should be immediate first choice but there is a place for him in our squad and as cover if not more.

We can all agree that Fryatt needs a good pre-season, that we need to create more chances, that a few more strikers are needed (including one that can head a ball as a different option) but that doesn't equate with keeping Elvis and getting rid of Fryatt.

I would not get rid of Elvis until we have a fast replacement because he's our only source of pace. Once a suitable replacement is signed then, providing our cover is considered adequate, there'd be no need to keep him.

Fryatt is totally different. I doubt he'll want a bench space at this stage of his career. So the question is will he have enough to offer as one of our main strikers. I've simply seen no evidence and while I may be wrong, my own instinct would be to cash in now and find someone more dynamic and difficult to contain. A season and a half is plenty of time for him to have made an impact.

But he did make an impact at the end of last season...a huge impact. The problem as discussed has been this season, him and the rest of the team.

Keeping Elvis just for pace is still a joke in my opinion on the grounds that we hope to sign some sort of quality over the summer and having someone to spread panic will be unecessary.

If Fryatt has someone to learn from and gets to come on from the bench for a good side (or is pushing for a first team place depending on performances) I don't see why he wouldn't want to stay, especially if there is a chance that his patience and loyalty is rewarded with some premiership action the year after. Your instinct is different to practically everyone else and hopefully that of the manager as well. If we get down to instincts though time will tell.

hard one this one. do we blood some of the youngsters or play the strongest team and try to kill off wolve's playoff hopes. i despise wolves so i'd be tempted to play our best team. another thing is what's in it for Wortho if he thinks he's going to be here next year it'd be in his interest to experiment, but if not why would he risk a loss against his record.

I'd like to see:

Logan

Stearman

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Mattock

Gradel

Weso

Hughes

Porter

Fryatt

Cadamarteri

Give some other players a chance. We might as well to be honest, it's not as if we have anything to lose. :dunno:

Logan

Stearman

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Nisse

Newton

Hughes

Weso

Porter

Hume

Fryatt

Subs: Cadamateri, Henderson, Maybury, King and Gradel

Seeing as Mattock is away on international duty, the only change id make is to bring in Tiatto for him. Leave the rest as it it. Though would be tempted to replace Stearman with Maybury and to try and fit Cadamarteri in the team somehow.

Just out of curiosity what would we gain from playing a less than matchfit midfielder (Tiatto) who's leaving the club immediately after the match anyway?

Just out of curiosity what would we gain from playing a less than matchfit midfielder (Tiatto) who's leaving the club immediately after the match anyway?

Yeah it makes sense not to use him really.

If Porter is fit then it should be him surely? :dunno:

Tiatto is back and available so I see him featuring as we say cheerio to the big nosed Aussie. Also Mattock is away with England so they`ll be more changes. The only thing I`ll be hoping for is that we maybe see one or two more of the academy kids against Wolves. Im not too sure if they are due to play this weekend but if not I`d love to see a couple involved.

Tiatto is back and available so I see him featuring as we say cheerio to the big nosed Aussie. Also Mattock is away with England so they`ll be more changes. The only thing I`ll be hoping for is that we maybe see one or two more of the academy kids against Wolves. Im not too sure if they are due to play this weekend but if not I`d love to see a couple involved.

Perhaps we could pick the rest of the side on the basis of who's birthday's coming up, whether someone's got a wedding anniversary, cos someone's dad and mum will be in attendance and so forth.

There's nothing to stop Tiatto coming on for a wave after the match if he wants a "goodbye". But I'd far rather see people who are relevent to our future in the team.

Perhaps we could pick the rest of the side on the basis of who's birthday's coming up, whether someone's got a wedding anniversary, cos someone's dad and mum will be in attendance and so forth.

There's nothing to stop Tiatto coming on for a wave after the match if he wants a "goodbye". But I'd far rather see people who are relevent to our future in the team.

Im not saying that I would pick him but Mattock is out and Tiatto is available and Tiatto can play in those positions that Mattock has been occupying in recent weeks. What would you do? Play 433 and bring in Dodds to play alongside the dream strike-force along with Elvis with Hume just behind them?? :frusty::frusty:

Im not saying that I would pick him but Mattock is out and Tiatto is available and Tiatto can play in those positions that Mattock has been occupying in recent weeks. What would you do? Play 433 and bring in Dodds to play alongside the dream strike-force along with Elvis with Hume just behind them?? :frusty::frusty:

Lots of fans have picked teams I'd be quite happy with - and Tiatto isn't in any of them.

I've already picked a team but with Kisnorbo (broken nose according to national newspaper report) and Mattock (England duty) likely to be out, I'd have Nils at centre-back and Sheehan at left back.

Lots of fans have picked teams I'd be quite happy with - and Tiatto isn't in any of them.

I've already picked a team but with Kisnorbo (broken nose according to national newspaper report) and Mattock (England duty) likely to be out, I'd have Nils at centre-back and Sheehan at left back.

Hasnt Tiatto captained the club?? Tiatto hasnt been teh worst signing we have and I am certain he will be in the ear of Wortho to have one final hurrah before he goes back home. I have to take my hat off to the lad as he could easily have gone in his comfort zone like in games gainst Derby but he still put in his work and didnt care about risking injury. I wouldnt moan if he featured in a game that has little importance but I`d prefer one of the kids to get a chance.

Hasnt Tiatto captained the club?? Tiatto hasnt been teh worst signing we have and I am certain he will be in the ear of Wortho to have one final hurrah before he goes back home. I have to take my hat off to the lad as he could easily have gone in his comfort zone like in games gainst Derby but he still put in his work and didnt care about risking injury. I wouldnt moan if he featured in a game that has little importance but I`d prefer one of the kids to get a chance.

Nothing I've said is meant as a criticism of Tiatto. He's had an okay season. But he's history. You might say the game has no importance but I wouldn't want to waste a moment's opportunity to look to the future - and certainly not out of sentiment. It was bad enough when Kelly wasted such chances at the end of last season.

Archived