Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

Mattock out of Wolves game

Mattock has now made two senior starts for the Foxes, after he was handed his full debut in the 1-0 victory over Preston North End the week prior.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt he make his debut against birmingham city unless i was watching his twin brother with the same name :dunno:

See the very well highlighted bit, and you'll understand. :thumbup:

As you well know I've mentioned Mattock as an outstanding prospect on many occasions and it's been obvious he was heading for the first team for months.

I did say he was probably not quite ready and that I'd rather play Sheehan (at left back) but Mattock wasn't selected at left-back and Sheehan was named as, presumably, the preferred left-back sub in an earlier game.

Since that remark circumstances have changed dramatically and you can now be sure Mattock will continue to get opportunities.

None of this combats what I've said at all. I have consistently been enthusiastic about him while pointing out that he's inclined to be volatile with his colleagues and one or two other areas he might improve.

That he's not been selected as first choice in his proper position as left-back suggests the manager feels the same and has been pleased to introduce him in a slightly less vulnerable role. His response has been terrific and shows how determined he is to take his opportunities when they arrive.

It shows the club has long had a perfectly good alternative left back - two in fact - and never once needed to play Maybury in that position as I also said on many, many occasions and actually named Mattock/Sheehan in my preferred choice of team at such times.

And you talk about my selective memory!

I think they are just trying to wind you up mate!

Preparations for DeNile
  • Cut out de Log_an make canoe.
  • Get Porter to carry ma sh*t.
  • Get Mattock so dat I May_bury ma do do's.
  • Stow De "oven" Vries and Hamm_ond board so I may have Fry_att night.
  • Stearman takes da helm to find ma way Hume.

That is brilliant!

I'm pretty sure Cads will get the nod on the left wing, not Porter.

Makes sense now. Even though NW should go for 4-3-3 with Hume Fryatt Cada up front. Drop Newton though as well. Either Jarrett or King to do the rest.

Archived