Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Reverend

Reverend and The Makers

Reverend and The Makers. Sound good from what i've heard. Anyone else heard much of them?

If you go on their website http://www.iamreverend.com/ you can get a few of their tracks off of (i think) an upcoming album.

They are releasing a single on the 28th May 'Heavyweight champion of the world'. You may have heard it on socceram. But the version they are releasing is a different one i believe (to the one on socceram/available for download), of which the new vesion can be heard on http://www.myspace.com/reverendmusic . Iv now heard both versions and have to say i am impresed with both.

Supported fellow Sheffielders the Arctic Monkeys a few times from what iv heard.

Thoughts? :thumbup:

Reverend and The Makers. Sound good from what i've heard. Anyone else heard much of them?

If you go on their website http://www.iamreverend.com/ you can get a few of their tracks off of (i think) an upcoming album.

They are releasing a single on the 28th May 'Heavyweight champion of the world'. You may have heard it on socceram. But the version they are releasing is a different one i believe (to the one on socceram/available for download), of which the new vesion can be heard on http://www.myspace.com/reverendmusic . Iv now heard both versions and have to say i am impresed with both.

Supported fellow Sheffielders the Arctic Monkeys a few times from what iv heard.

Thoughts? :thumbup:

Jon is my mate.

Jon co-wrote Old Yellow Bricks, and was rumoured to have wrote some of the early Arctic tunes. And his brother is the geezer on the front of the Monkeys first album.

Heavyweight Champion and Bandits are tunes! Good band, should be going on the 26th.

• 2 weeks later...
Jon co-wrote Old Yellow Bricks, and was rumoured to have wrote some of the early Arctic tunes. And his brother is the geezer on the front of the Monkeys first album.

Heavyweight Champion and Bandits are tunes! Good band, should be going on the 26th.

I think i ll be going sumo on the 26th. Cant wait!

• 2 weeks later...

What a night that was. Only complaint really is that there were 4 support bands.

The picks were okay.

Verified weren't bad.

The Long Weekend were quite good.

Ego's were great as usual.

The Reverend finally appeared about 11.30 and played an hour set. Kicked off with Miss Brown; everyone went mental for Heavyweight, Bandits, 18.30 and He Said He Loved Me, before they finished with The State of Things.

John McClure is one of the best frontmen i've seen :thumbup:

Recommend seeing them in the summer. They're playing Reading if anyone is going there.

What a night that was. Only complaint really is that there were 4 support bands.

The picks were okay.

Verified weren't bad.

The Long Weekend were quite good.

Ego's were great as usual.

The Reverend finally appeared about 11.30 and played an hour set. Kicked off with Miss Brown; everyone went mental for Heavyweight, Bandits, 18.30 and He Said He Loved Me, before they finished with The State of Things.

John McClure is one of the best frontmen i've seen :thumbup:

Recommend seeing them in the summer. They're playing Reading if anyone is going there.

I missed it, totally forgot about it!

Well pissed off!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Saw them in Northampton on Thursday, quality again but not quite as good as when I saw them in July mainly cos of the venue, not their fault.

Alas, the reverend himself was going on about Northampton... "Played a gig like in Northampton like, n it wa proper shit like." (Blamed it on an ear infection and his mum had to drain them for him) :blink:

Anyway, he said he will be going back to Northampton and said he will try and put it on for free. :cool:

Alas, the reverend himself was going on about Northampton... "Played a gig like in Northampton like, n it wa proper shit like." (Blamed it on an ear infection and his mum had to drain them for him) :blink:

Anyway, he said he will be going back to Northampton and said he will try and put it on for free. :cool:

Interesting, he kept saying he wasn't feeling well. Thought it was just banter. Poor bloke.

• 1 year later...
I'm about to meet Jon McClure, the leader singer of Reverend and the Makers. He's coming into the SI offices, not sure why.

Anyone got any questions as I know little about the band?

Does he remember "twosing me" at Leicester Uni?

Archived