Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Davies linked again with City

Agree and Derby have been LUCKY getting certain players, who IMO, aren't amazing to play together as a team e.g. Apart from Giles Barnes, Steve Howard and David Jones, everybody else is just generally a sub-standard Championship player - even players like Pearson, Teale, Moore, Fagan and Leacock I don't really rate and they've been phenomenal for Derby. Their tactics are poor and they overly-rely on Howard too much holding the ball up. They've really struggled without him when he's been injured!!

Also not sure if mentioned before, but can anyone remember when Billy Davies played for us in about 1989-91?

yeah i remember

you wouldnt care though if city were in the top 3 all season.

adam's tactics and brian littles hardly inspired skilful football but they did the job

Agree and Derby have been LUCKY getting certain players, who IMO, aren't amazing to play together as a team e.g. Apart from Giles Barnes, Steve Howard and David Jones, everybody else is just generally a sub-standard Championship player - even players like Pearson, Teale, Moore, Fagan and Leacock I don't really rate and they've been phenomenal for Derby. Their tactics are poor and they overly-rely on Howard too much holding the ball up. They've really struggled without him when he's been injured!!

That's quite amusing!

I don't understand how we've been "lucky" to get players. We put the bid in. We show them the training ground, stadium etc. Offer them a contract. They sign. There's no luck in that. Just the fact that the players want to come to the club.

As for being sub-standard players. Moore, Fagan and Teale. Yes they probably are average. I don't really like them. I think that they are average. Nothign special but they do the job and will help get us out of this division. As for Leacock and Pearson being sub-standard, I just can't agree with you there. Leacocks been a rock at the back this season along with Darren Moore, yes Darren Moore isn't much of a football (more a bulldozer, just ask Kisnorbo :whistle: ) but together they've helped us keep a sh!t load of clean sheets. Leacock's a poor mans Rio, if you can see any good in that but could easily cut it in The Premiership. Pearson is not a sub-standard player. You only have to go to one of our matches and watch him to realise that. The lad's class. You'd love a player like him down at the Crisp Bowl.

Anyways, it seems as if Davies is staying, maybe. I'm still not convinced but we'll have to see come August time.

Archived