Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Davies linked again with City

Link

Just spoke to a good friend of mine who is a Derby fan who has posted on this forum before (joely22). On his forum someone has stated that Davies has had a meeting with Mandaric.

Apparently the person that has said this is very realiable and has been correct with rumours in the past (Macken to Derby). He's heard this from one of the Derby players (apparently)

I suupose this would figure with Davies moving around a lot.

(Mods feel free to move/delete)

I'm sure joely22 will come and shed some light for us.

Well as you all know there have been rumours for some time about Davies leaving The Rams. A week or so ago he was close to walking out the door there and then with Joe Royle being touted as his replacement for the remaining games.

It is expected that he'll leave at the end of this season, despite promotion or not. Basically, so I've been told, he wants on his CV that he's got teams into the Premiership so that a more high profile club will come in for him.

Anyways, a bloke on my forum posted that he has held talks / meeting with Manderic about taking over at City in the summer with a possible £20 million transfer kitty.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he went but to you, well that might surprise me.

Thoughts?

Link

Just spoke to a good friend of mine who is a Derby fan who has posted on this forum before (joely22). On his forum someone has stated that Davies has had a meeting with Mandaric.

hmmm yea sounds good he's a manager that is good in the transfer market but i can't see why he would come to us derby aint bin shy with there cash & still may go up? . . . we'll see

hmmm yea sounds good he's a manager that is good in the transfer market but i can't see why he would come to us derby aint bin shy with there cash & still may go up? . . . we'll see

For a lot of people it was a shock when he left Preston after the season Derby had endured.

Good in the Transfer Market?

Hmm... I'm not too sure.

He's pretty average.

Good signings: Summer signings

Bad signings: January signings (bar Pearson.)

He's not THAT good.

It would sort of be beleivable if it weren't for the transfer budget lol

That does seem very much out of proportion but with Davies history at Derby with the board etc, there could definately be some substance to this.

why would he leave derby for us ? :blink:

wouldnt mind tho

Sorry. Don't know how to do the old multiple quote thing so you're getting individual replies!

I don't know why he'd leave either. Possibly a nice big kick in the bollocks to the board that he's apparently fallen out with?

For a lot of people it was a shock when he left Preston after the season Derby had endured.

Not really.

We'd just been taken over and had money to spend. Preston had none. He wanted a new challenge.

It made sense

Not really.

We'd just been taken over and had money to spend. Preston had none. He wanted a new challenge.

It made sense

Sounds familiar. :unsure:

Good in the Transfer Market?

Hmm... I'm not too sure.

He's pretty average.

Good signings: Summer signings

Bad signings: January signings (bar Pearson.)

He's not THAT good.

Are you forgetting David Jones aswell as pearson he signed a few players i rated from what i remember

I never been that impressed with the dish that Davies serves up, sure he's been successful but his football has been dour, some will say that's what you need to get out of this division but I disagree. Yes it will get you out but it wont keep you out. Teams like Portsmouth & Reading were promoted on the back of and have endured because they play a more positive brand of football.

Every time I've seen Derby and it was the same with Preston they were efficient, persistent and formulaic and that's what got them so many 1-0 wins.

As for the transfer kitty, it's in the take over contract £4.5 mill to be invested in each of the next 2 seasons, granted that may be a minimum but to leap from £4.5 to £20mill takes some believing.

If he comes I'd wouldn't be over the moon but there's worse around.

I never been that impressed with the dish that Davies serves up, sure he's been successful but his football has been dour, some will say that's what you need to get out of this division but I disagree. Yes it will get you out but it wont keep you out. Teams like Portsmouth & Reading were promoted on the back of and have endured because they play a more positive brand of football.

Every time I've seen Derby and it was the same with Preston they were efficient, persistent and formulaic and that's what got them so many 1-0 wins.

As for the transfer kitty, it's in the take over contract £4.5 mill to be invested in each of the next 2 seasons, granted that may be a minimum but to leap from £4.5 to £20mill takes some believing.

If he comes I'd wouldn't be over the moon but there's worse around.

Yeah good post.

he doesn't play good football. I'd much rather have George Burley back with us than Davies. Yes Davie sgets the results but hes showing us Rams exactly what he did at Preston. Bottler. We've been shit since we beat Southampton, this is possibly down to the signings in January but we have been piss poor. There was belief earlier in the season. This seems to have gone a bit. I believe that we can win teh play-offs as long as we show the form that we carried up until teh end of January.

I'd hate it if he went to you because he does do teh business and is one of the best managers we've had in a long long time but if he does then I'm sure we'll have a top manager in charge at the start of next season. We havea decent squad and have already sold 20,000+ season tickets and have a five year kit deal with adidas to look forward to so if he does go then we're in good stead to do something next season.

Yeah good post.

he doesn't play good football. I'd much rather have George Burley back with us than Davies. Yes Davie sgets the results but hes showing us Rams exactly what he did at Preston. Bottler. We've been shit since we beat Southampton, this is possibly down to the signings in January but we have been piss poor. There was belief earlier in the season. This seems to have gone a bit. I believe that we can win teh play-offs as long as we show the form that we carried up until teh end of January.

I'd hate it if he went to you because he does do teh business and is one of the best managers we've had in a long long time but if he does then I'm sure we'll have a top manager in charge at the start of next season. We havea decent squad and have already sold 20,000+ season tickets and have a five year kit deal with adidas to look forward to so if he does go then we're in good stead to do something next season.

In reference to your last paragraph, you do seem to have a bright future in the coming years. If you can keep hold of the likes of Barnes and Jones etc then I don't see why you can't stay up next year and continue to build on that. 20,000+ season tickets is fantastic for this time of year.

In reference to your last paragraph, you do seem to have a bright future in the coming years. If you can keep hold of the likes of Barnes and Jones etc then I don't see why you can't stay up next year and continue to build on that. 20,000+ season tickets is fantastic for this time of year.

Yeah the future is bright. So if Davies does go then, yes it is a loss, but not THAT big a loss. Would be a shame though. The five year deal with adidas is the best thing though! Looks promising. We only have a few good players coming through the academy though. Well at least it's producing something :whistle:

Yeah the future is bright. So if Davies does go then, yes it is a loss, but not THAT big a loss. Would be a shame though. The five year deal with adidas is the best thing though! Looks promising. We only have a few good players coming through the academy though. Well at least it's producing something :whistle:

*Cue ambush from Thracian*

On a serious note though. Mattock has being impressive this season (end of) only 16 and playing with England currently. Porter and Logan also being in the starting 11 aswell.

*Cue ambush from Thracian*

On a serious note though. Mattock has being impressive this season (end of) only 16 and playing with England currently. Porter and Logan also being in the starting 11 aswell.

Fair enough they've been in the starting line-up but would you replace them in teh summer / sign new players in their position?

Wanna see some youngsters play against Leeds tomorrow. Matt Richards is one to look out for apparently - twice the player Huddlestone was at the same age (16).

On a lighter note. Wouldn't it bhe great if Leeds won 5-0 and Hull lost 4-0 tomorrow?!

Now that would be amazing!

I wouldn't be jumping through hoops if he came here. I think he's far too defensive and if he had started with two strikers more often this season, they'd have been celebrating promotion long ago. Will never forget them playing just Macken (who is - and was on the day - useless) up front and then taking him off to play without a proper striker for the last period of the game this season. Pathetic management against such a limited team as us. He always bottles it. I stand to be proven wrong on this pending the play-offs but I can't see them winning it.

Of course I want us to win games and if we brought in someone like Davies who won games 1-0 consistently playing 4-5-1 then obviously it's difficult to provide a decent argument against that. However, we have seen such little attacking football at Leicester going back years and years (arguably never in my lifetime on a consistent basis) that I see this as a great opportunity. A fresh start, clearing out the deadwood, an exciting manager, an ambitious owner, new hope for the fans, one or two decent youngsters, some good new signings particularly in attacking areas... I want us to seize the initiative and go on the offensive for once.

whats the forum?

i doubt this story has much truth to it as 20million was mentioned, we will have nowhere near that amount to spend.

Link

It's in the opening post to. :thumbup:

Don't want him, the fact that Derby are up there is a testament to how poor and inconsistent most of this division is. Derby have looked shite everytime I've seen them play. His tactics are usually shit. Fortunately for them they've got good solid players which have seen them through.

Archived