Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Davies linked again with City

just thought i'd say, what a poor poor forum site the sheep shaggers have got.

Despite being a Sheep himself, i can;t deny that he hasn't got a good managerial record, he's also been on our books so, could make himself a fans favourite. just imagine, next season, davies takes city up, managerless sheep relegated

I am guna go out on a limb and state now that Paul Ince will not have a successful Managerial career! I saw him in interview yesterday and It just hit me! I know ppl have said he could be our 'Roy Keane' type manager but I highly doubt it, he isn't smart enough for a start plus he showed no carissma or 'Keano' arrogance in front of the camera! I think he would be way out of his depth if he joined us this summer! If he does come though, PLEASE prove me wrong, for Leicester's sake!!!!!!

I am guna go out on a limb and state now that Paul Ince will not have a successful Managerial career! I saw him in interview yesterday and It just hit me! I know ppl have said he could be our 'Roy Keane' type manager but I highly doubt it, he isn't smart enough for a start plus he showed no carissma or 'Keano' arrogance in front of the camera! I think he would be way out of his depth if he joined us this summer! If he does come though, PLEASE prove me wrong, for Leicester's sake!!!!!!

Ince finished his speech to the macc fans yestarday on the pitch with 'see you next season' that with his page in the programme apparently he will be a macc for the foreseable future.

Davies would be great although if you thought that RK and Wortho were full of Cliche`s, you havent heard anything yet. I saw Davies on the review show on SS and I could have sworn he was a robot. Every person he was asked about was a hrd worker and tryer and a great manager who has got his lads organised lol!!

He`d me my fav for the possie though as the bloke can manage and he is also an ex-Leicester player, albeit for about 5 games before going back home lol

Ince finished his speech to the macc fans yestarday on the pitch with 'see you next season' that with his page in the programme apparently he will be a macc for the foreseable future.

That means nothing. Dickov, O'Neill, and i'm sure many others (Who I can't think of at the moment :unsure:lol) said there we're going nowhere, a few days, weeks later bye bye!

But TBH I just hope Ince is being truthful.

Any idea of the current betting on the next manager? I can't find anything.

I don't know whether it still is but betting was suspended about 2 days after RK was sacked, Ince was favourite.

Well as you all know there have been rumours for some time about Davies leaving The Rams. A week or so ago he was close to walking out the door there and then with Joe Royle being touted as his replacement for the remaining games.

It is expected that he'll leave at the end of this season, despite promotion or not. Basically, so I've been told, he wants on his CV that he's got teams into the Premiership so that a more high profile club will come in for him.

Anyways, a bloke on my forum posted that he has held talks / meeting with Manderic about taking over at City in the summer with a possible £20 million transfer kitty.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he went but to you, well that might surprise me.

Thoughts?

£20 million- erm NO!

i think he does not get on with the interfering derby board, hence the rumors. im sure he will get the same treatment from MM. As much as id love it, it wont happen.

Aparently said to be leaving Derby come the end of the play-offs due to problems with the board, and Mandric is going to offer him the post!

Cant see it happening myself, think Man City might come in for him, but i think Billy Davies would be a legend at city in the long run! :worship:

Would have jumped at the chance to get Davies a few months ago. For some reason, i'm not that excited about us now being linked with him. He's a very good manager at this level, but having said that he's not got a promotion to the Premiership on his CV yet. But neither has Coleman or Ince.

If we get Davies then I think we'll have a good manager at this level who possibly can do the business at a higher level, but i'm still hopeful Mandaric will pull off a massive coup and get a higher class of manager.

Would any of you be interested in Paul Jewell should he become available?

Would have jumped at the chance to get Davies a few months ago. For some reason, i'm not that excited about us now being linked with him. He's a very good manager at this level, but having said that he's not got a promotion to the Premiership on his CV yet. But neither has Coleman or Ince.

If we get Davies then I think we'll have a good manager at this level who possibly can do the business at a higher level, but i'm still hopeful Mandaric will pull off a massive coup and get a higher class of manager.

Would any of you be interested in Paul Jewell should he become available?

Just like Davies, one might have been impressed at times, but he's not coped particularly well with a crisis and every manager's going to get those on occasions.

As with Ferguson he likes to voice his political stance on occasions but that's about his only similarity with the great man and he wouldn't be anywhere near top of my shortlist.

Just like Davies, one might have been impressed at times, but he's not coped particularly well with a crisis and every manager's going to get those on occasions.

As with Ferguson he likes to voice his political stance on occasions but that's about his only similarity with the great man and he wouldn't be anywhere near top of my shortlist.

He has a lot of the same attributes as Mike Newell. Both seem to be miserable and hard to get on with, but both demand success. They aren't scared to voice their opinion.

For me though, Davies seems like he'd struggle to get on with Mandaric. He also plays fairly negative football but they do get the job done.

He has a lot of the same attributes as Mike Newell. Both seem to be miserable and hard to get on with, but both demand success. They aren't scared to voice their opinion.

For me though, Davies seems like he'd struggle to get on with Mandaric. He also plays fairly negative football but they do get the job done.

I doubt it will be easy for any manager to get on with Mandaric if things hit a bad patch. The whole exercise at Leicester no longer suggests there's time to build anything concrete, there's a desperate intensity about it that seems solely driven by money.

In fact that's becoming the case at many clubs and there's going to be a lot of tears as the Iceman at West Ham might already testify.

Given that good managers often voice and have confidence in their own opinions and that Mandaric is anything but reserved as a personality there's a good chance any relationship with any manager will crackle like phosphorous exposed to the air.

In some ways you feel Mandaric should be his own manager. I think he'd like that. And then, of course, there'd be no arguments and no-one else to blame.

There is no point suggesting Jewell, because even if Wigan go down, they won't sack him! He's a hero there. I would also be very suprised if Davies left Derby! He has only just started builing a team and unless the rumour of the fall-out is true, then I just can't see it. Would be more than happy if he came though, was very impressed with his transfer dealings!

At the moment, my realistic, choice is still Chris Coleman. He has passion, experience and does well in the transfer market.

SSN just interviewed Davies and asked him about the Leicester job which he has being linked with. He gave nothing away. But did not say he wasn't going to be here.

SSN just interviewed Davies and asked him about the Leicester job which he has being linked with. He gave nothing away. But did not say he wasn't going to be here.

interesting, can you remember his exact words? surprised the press have picked up on this rumour.

interesting, can you remember his exact words? surprised the press have picked up on this rumour.

He said Leicester have had no contact with him so far. But he had heard the rumour. It was a short interview but as you say, I'm surprised it got out there.

Archived