Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Davies linked again with City

I don't really believe this to be honest. Especially the bit about a 20m transfer budget ( lol )

Unless he's going to be getting mega money I can't see Davies leaving for a team like us in the Championship....

I never been that impressed with the dish that Davies serves up, sure he's been successful but his football has been dour, some will say that's what you need to get out of this division but I disagree. Yes it will get you out but it wont keep you out. Teams like Portsmouth & Reading were promoted on the back of and have endured because they play a more positive brand of football.

Every time I've seen Derby and it was the same with Preston they were efficient, persistent and formulaic and that's what got them so many 1-0 wins.

As for the transfer kitty, it's in the take over contract £4.5 mill to be invested in each of the next 2 seasons, granted that may be a minimum but to leap from £4.5 to £20mill takes some believing.

If he comes I'd wouldn't be over the moon but there's worse around.

The players they had had more to do with that. Reading especially, they have proven the squad they had last season was top half Premiership quality.

Blitzing every team we play 3-0 would be nice but we have to a bit more realstic than that, no team has got out of this division playing good attractive football without having quality players to do it with.

The players they had had more to do with that. Reading especially, they have proven the squad they had last season was top half Premiership quality.

Blitzing every team we play 3-0 would be nice but we have to a bit more realstic than that, no team has got out of this division playing good attractive football without having quality players to do it with.

We were short of quality, no question, but not as much as our team selections made out.

Indeed it is hard to say how "attractive" we could be.

We were acceptably attacking against Fulham but, generally, even if we scored first in a game, we never set out to be expansive.

Our League tactics were constrained by team selections which were overloaded with defensive or negative players and far too often we fielded people who were known to be not good enough, or who were way short on match fitness in a team whose 90-minute fitness was collectively suspect anyway.

No we couldn't have blitzed people. But we could have been a lot more balanced, positive and attactive a team than we were.

I think he is a cracking manager BUT I highly doubt he will be joining us in the near future! He is building a quality team at Derby, why would he want to give that up after one season in charge?! He would be my first choice if he came available but It just isn't going to happen! Crap rumour!

This is a rumour only. :thumbup:;) The rumour I am hearing is that Paul Ince will be unveiled as Manager next week. :whistle::unsure::dunno: :dunno:

Yeah someone at work said he has some "inside information" that Ince was gonna be unveiled next week, dunno how he got his "inside information" though, I was too busy saying "What **** calls himself 'the guvnor'?!"

Guvnor in polski means shit (apparently), there you go for abit of useless information! :thumbup:

I'll give him a chance but with Coleman (Definetly out of a job) and this Davis rumour i'll be abit gutted with Ince, and don't have great expectations with him (That may be a good thing though)

Although who knows we may have had talks with Coleman and he has turned us down :dunno:

Yeah someone at work said he has some "inside information" that Ince was gonna be unveiled next week, dunno how he got his "inside information" though, I was too busy saying "What **** calls himself 'the guvnor'?!"

Guvnor in polski means shit (apparently), there you go for abit of useless information! :thumbup:

I'll give him a chance but with Coleman (Definetly out of a job) and this Davis rumour i'll be abit gutted with Ince, and don't have great expectations with him (That may be a good thing though)

Although who knows we may have had talks with Coleman and he has turned us down :dunno:

I think Coleman turning us down is definately a possibility! But i would still not offer it to Ince! I would prefer Worthington or Newell at this point!

I didn't say otherwise but I believe based on his time at Portsmouth that's what MM will want, nay demand. It's clear to me he likes to be entertained while he's winning.

I wasn't sure, i heard a few rumours that he was wanted as manager which have died down completely.

He's stated very publically that he's not interested in football management, he's lined up to be the next Gary Lineker. :worship:

I'd be pleased with Davies, just so the likes of Ince, Coleman, Reid, Hoddle, Souness and Robson wouldn't get it.

Not saying Davies is ideal, but he has experience in leading Preston and Derby in to play-off positions. If we're basing it on that criteria, I'd rather go for Wortho, who reached the play-off final and won the Championship title with Norwich.

I didn't say otherwise but I believe based on his time at Portsmouth that's what MM will want, nay demand. It's clear to me he likes to be entertained while he's winning.

How much will it cost him though? More than he’s willing to pay I bet. Portsmouth were lucky while he was there, they were the no.1 benefactors of the ITV Sports crash.

its very possible we can have a higher transfer budget then the 9 million MM has promised over the 2 years, savings on interest on debt, savings on higher efficency of running the club and of course MM loaning the club money on top of the 9 million. I think the 20 million is far fetched tho. I would expect next season at the very most we will have a 5 million transfer budget which would be 500k over the 4.5mill from manderic.

Archived