Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Davies linked again with City

The Sun - p6 - SuperGoals

DAVIES ON FOXES' LIST

Billy Davies has emerged as a major candidate to take over the reins at Leicester.

Derby Boss Davies is on the wanted list of Foxes owner Milan Mandaric as he seeks a full-time replacement for Rob Kelly.

Paul Ince and Chris Coleman were understood to be in a straight race for the post, which was held until the end of the season by caretaker chief Nigel Worthington.

But Mandaric wants to wait for the play-offs to finish before making a decision on a new manger.

Davies, 42, is believed to be unhappy with certain issues at Derby despite finishing third.

If Derby do go up, god willing they don't, i would imagine Davies would stay with the Rams as he would like a shot in the Top-Flight. He's already missed out with Preston and wouldn't want to miss out again. It would be good though, on the other hand, to see him down at City as it would give the club a breath of fresh air and lead us towards Play-Offs and upwards, providing he gets the backing of MM

The Sun - p6 - SuperGoals

DAVIES ON FOXES' LIST

Billy Davies has emerged as a major candidate to take over the reins at Leicester.

Derby Boss Davies is on the wanted list of Foxes owner Milan Mandaric as he seeks a full-time replacement for Rob Kelly.

Paul Ince and Chris Coleman were understood to be in a straight race for the post, which was held until the end of the season by caretaker chief Nigel Worthington.

But Mandaric wants to wait for the play-offs to finish before making a decision on a new manger.

Davies, 42, is believed to be unhappy with certain issues at Derby despite finishing third.

If Derby do go up, god willing they don't, i would imagine Davies would stay with the Rams as he would like a shot in the Top-Flight. He's already missed out with Preston and wouldn't want to miss out again. It would be good though, on the other hand, to see him down at City as it would give the club a breath of fresh air and lead us towards Play-Offs and upwards, providing he gets the backing of MM

Ooops, I didnt spot this thread. Im sure someone will merge the new one I started with this!!

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...p;channel=&

On SS

soz if this has been posted before

Derby boss Billy Davies has played down speculation linking him with a move to Leicester.

Reports on Thursday suggested Leicester chairman Milan Mandaric had targeted Davies to take charge at the Walkers Stadium.

Davies says he has had no contact with Leicester and is only concentrating on the forthcoming play-off games with Southampton.

"I have heard nothing (about Leicester), not a thing, " Davies told Sky Sports News.

"I have not heard a thing about what is going on.

"I have certainly read plenty of speculation over the last couple of weeks about players and what have you.

"My message to them is the same as it has been - the main focus is on these games and do not let anything outside take us off that track."

Don't want him, the fact that Derby are up there is a testament to how poor and inconsistent most of this division is. Derby have looked shite everytime I've seen them play. His tactics are usually shit. Fortunately for them they've got good solid players which have seen them through.

Agree and Derby have been LUCKY getting certain players, who IMO, aren't amazing to play together as a team e.g. Apart from Giles Barnes, Steve Howard and David Jones, everybody else is just generally a sub-standard Championship player - even players like Pearson, Teale, Moore, Fagan and Leacock I don't really rate and they've been phenomenal for Derby. Their tactics are poor and they overly-rely on Howard too much holding the ball up. They've really struggled without him when he's been injured!!

Also not sure if mentioned before, but can anyone remember when Billy Davies played for us in about 1989-91?

Agree and Derby have been LUCKY getting certain players, who IMO, aren't amazing to play together as a team e.g. Apart from Giles Barnes, Steve Howard and David Jones, everybody else is just generally a sub-standard Championship player - even players like Pearson, Teale, Moore, Fagan and Leacock I don't really rate and they've been phenomenal for Derby. Their tactics are poor and they overly-rely on Howard too much holding the ball up. They've really struggled without him when he's been injured!!

Also not sure if mentioned before, but can anyone remember when Billy Davies played for us in about 1989-91?

We will have to be LUCKY though. We aren't going to sign 15 new players, so we'll still have 5 or 10 sub standard Championship players in our squad and it's getting a manager who can get these players to punch above their weight. Davies has done this with Preston and Derby, it's just whether we could get anyone better than him in?

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?b...6269754|p|536|0

Billy Davies has played down speculation linking him with Leicester City, insisting he is focused on Derby's play-off challenge..

I'm sure with a FAT salary he'd come to us as the board at Derby and Him dont see eye to eye..... I think hes looking to take a team into the prem and be a prem manager too..... he wont do that at derby then

Hey mate, I know you are doing these threads for the right reasons but before you post anymore I suggest you to the transfer news option because all this stuff is in there! We have had a move around!

Matty........yes I can remember Davies as a player, nothing great - but put the effort in.

For info talk from training ground is of Billy Davies. However, there is also a suggestion that we are trying to get a new manager to work with those we alreay have instead of bringing their own managerial team!!

Can't see Davies talking until after play offs.

Yeah I remember him as a player too. If I am right he was a big signing at the time for us as the fans were getting a gifted left-footed midfielder but he lasted about 5 games before getting homesick I think the reason was and he went to Motherwell I think lol

As for his purchases, I dont see how they can be deemed as lucky! He got Jones on loan from Man Utd, Lupoli from Arsenal and Mears from West Ham. He has ended up buying Jones from Manu for what Ferguson has even moaned about that maybe he could have held out for 3 times the arranged transfer fee. He has then raided Premiership clubs for players who havent been first teamers but have generally been thought of as players with ability like Leacock, Bywater, Teale, McEveley all for around the £500k mark and paid a similar amount to get highly rated Pearson down from Celtic. He has also managed to get some experienced bosmans in like Oakley, Edworthy, Johnson and then paid small fees for proven players at this level like Howard and Moore! Thats the way to manage IMO!

He hasnt taken too many risks on bringing loads of players from the academy through along with D1 and D2 players and a barrel load of SPL rejects like we have done. His bosman signings seemed to have some heart as well unlike our rubbish signings with the exception of McAuley who has been very good. Yes he has money to spend which is one of the major factors as to why they are where they are but lets not forget that its not that easy to buy players that settle in so quickly. Last seasons league table should suggest that BD has been amazing this season for them! http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match...0060618,00.html

i suggested davies to leicester before worho came in.....id love to be right but somehow if the derby board dont get on with him....well milan is hardly going to keep his beak out so would he not e in the same situation here??????????

Yeah I remember him as a player too. If I am right he was a big signing at the time for us as the fans were getting a gifted left-footed midfielder but he lasted about 5 games before getting homesick I think the reason was and he went to Motherwell I think lol

As for his purchases, I dont see how they can be deemed as lucky! He got Jones on loan from Man Utd, Lupoli from Arsenal and Mears from West Ham. He has ended up buying Jones from Manu for what Ferguson has even moaned about that maybe he could have held out for 3 times the arranged transfer fee. He has then raided Premiership clubs for players who havent been first teamers but have generally been thought of as players with ability like Leacock, Bywater, Teale, McEveley all for around the £500k mark and paid a similar amount to get highly rated Pearson down from Celtic. He has also managed to get some experienced bosmans in like Oakley, Edworthy, Johnson and then paid small fees for proven players at this level like Howard and Moore! Thats the way to manage IMO!

He hasnt taken too many risks on bringing loads of players from the academy through along with D1 and D2 players and a barrel load of SPL rejects like we have done. His bosman signings seemed to have some heart as well unlike our rubbish signings with the exception of McAuley who has been very good. Yes he has money to spend which is one of the major factors as to why they are where they are but lets not forget that its not that easy to buy players that settle in so quickly. Last seasons league table should suggest that BD has been amazing this season for them! http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match...0060618,00.html

I have to agree with all that! He has done fantastically well in the transfer window! Granted he hasn't got players like Brum and WBA but they definately have a very talented squad and a manager who gets a team to finish 3rd after the season they had last year, is remarkable! I would be extremely happy if we could take him from Derby! He will be a Prem manager in the next couple of seasons, if not the next one! Just hope it could be with us and not the Rams!

I have to agree with all that! He has done fantastically well in the transfer window! Granted he hasn't got players like Brum and WBA but they definately have a very talented squad and a manager who gets a team to finish 3rd after the season they had last year, is remarkable! I would be extremely happy if we could take him from Derby! He will be a Prem manager in the next couple of seasons, if not the next one! Just hope it could be with us and not the Rams!

I cant remember the exact circumstances as the last two years have been a blur lol but wasnt he doing really well at Preston before applying for a premier shop and then had to leave Preston?? Im sure he has done well wherever he has been but whats important to me is his transfer dealings.

I cant remember the exact circumstances as the last two years have been a blur lol but wasnt he doing really well at Preston before applying for a premier shop and then had to leave Preston?? Im sure he has done well wherever he has been but whats important to me is his transfer dealings.

Yep, it was strange one when he left Preston because I think they had been a solid play-off team the last few seasons and everyone thought he would leave for a Prem club, but then decided to join Derby. I think he wanted a change and no Prem club was available, so Derby obviously said that there will be some cash to spend, and he fancied his chances! I just can't see why he would leave Derby to join us, especially after the amount of players he bought in for them. Coming to us would be like going a year backwards for him!!

Yep, it was strange one when he left Preston because I think they had been a solid play-off team the last few seasons and everyone thought he would leave for a Prem club, but then decided to join Derby. I think he wanted a change and no Prem club was available, so Derby obviously said that there will be some cash to spend, and he fancied his chances! I just can't see why he would leave Derby to join us, especially after the amount of players he bought in for them. Coming to us would be like going a year backwards for him!!

And is that not the rub with Davies. He's got itchy feet.

He's either on his way here or he's using the speculation to get himself a better deal.

He might not have had contact with Leicester, but I bet someone who might or might not be DIRECTLY at LCFC might have had a cheeky vimto with his agent.

Davies is the only manager so far who has come out and made a story about being linked with Leicester, does seem strange. Even managers out of work like Coleman and Newell have been very quiet on being linked, even when asked by the media.

He's unhappy at Derby and he knows that he can put pressure on the Derby board to giving him what he wants with stories like this.

Davies is the only manager so far who has come out and made a story about being linked with Leicester, does seem strange. Even managers out of work like Coleman and Newell have been very quiet on being linked, even when asked by the media.

He's unhappy at Derby and he knows that he can put pressure on the Derby board to giving him what he wants with stories like this.

Incorrect, Ince came out saying it was pure speculation too!

I think Preston were in a better possie than Derby though as they were in the play-offs when he went and Derby ended near the bottom. George Bureley seems to be another manager who would take a sidestep or even a backward one of it means that he gets what he wants. I think at times being Leicester fans we forget that our club in this current climate is a arguably the best option to go for outside the Premiership. If Davies is having trouble at Derby there wont be many better options as a package than us.

We will have to be LUCKY though. We aren't going to sign 15 new players, so we'll still have 5 or 10 sub standard Championship players in our squad and it's getting a manager who can get these players to punch above their weight. Davies has done this with Preston and Derby, it's just whether we could get anyone better than him in?

Fact of the matter is, I agree too !! MM's achievements at Pompey were also coupled with the masterstroke of having Harry, who bought in Paul Merson, Steve Stone, Gianluca Festa, Svetoslav Todorov and Tim Sherwood - when they'd all still got something left in the tank !!! Also they had one of the best left-backs in the country in Matt Taylor too!!

Archived