Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes 2 da grave

Football Manager Career Bests

I had a fantastic career once with Gravesend and Northfleet on FM 2005. It was sensational!

Season 1:

Conference - Won

League Cup - 2nd Round

FA Cup - 3rd Round

LDV Vans Trophy - Quarter-Finals

Season 2:

League 2 - Won

League Cup - 3rd Round

FA Cup - 3rd Round

LDV Vans Trophy - Won

Season 3:

League 1 - Won

League Cup - Quarter-Finals

FA Cup - 4th Round

LDV Vans Trophy - Won

Season 4:

Championship - 5th (Promoted via the playoffs)

League Cup - Semi-Finals

FA Cup - Semi-Finals

Season 5:

Premiership - 15th

League Cup - Quarter-Finals

FA Cup - Final

Season 6:

Premiership - 12th

League Cup - Won

FA Cup - Semi-Final

A Conference team in the League Cup :S

That's not an achievement :blink:

He thinks this season is an achievement too.

i was sheff utd (CM4) and in my first season i missed out to derby play-off semis but won the FA Cup :worship:

2nd season won the league, won uefa cup!

3rd season won premier and fa cup double!

then next 3 seasons won the quadruple 3 years in a row!!!

the 7th season i got sacked for disciplining a player who kept getting sent off :frusty:

MY SECRET IS...

Scout all the top clubs from europe only, get some 30-32 yr olds whose contracts are expiring and get the up and coming highly rated youngters!!! Costs next to nothing and you can flog the oldies after a year! Play attacking 4-4-2 nothing else.

I still see players i remember from my team like D'allesandro (pompey last season) Gariella Milito (madrid?) etc etc.

Still think mine is the best yet. :dunno::whistle::D

Oh I also had an Arsenal game in which I made up this formation that just played the sexiest football you've ever seen on FM. Still remember my team on that game;

Leo Franco/Madlung, Puyol, Campbell, Cole/Fabregas/Reyes, van Bommel, Parker, Bonaventure Kalou/Djibril Cisse.

The midfield four used to all run forward at the same time just passing quick triangles round the opposition, then knock it wide, cross it in and one of van Bommel, Parker and Cisse would stick it in.

I've wasted so much of my life in the past playing this game.

Also had a Blackburn Rovers game on the first FM after CM finished where I made it into virtually an English squad that won everything in sight, Carlton Cole was my star player lol and the only foreigner I had was a 15-year-old Portuguese winger called Fabio Paim who was my first-choice on the left flank. 15! He was amazing.

My first EVER proper game on this series was Manchester United on CM96/97 where I won the treble in the first season lol Then Newcastle where Mbo Mpenza scored 48 goals in 61 games. I still look out for his name in real life.

Then on CM97/98 my favourite game (not my biggest achievement but definitely favourite game) was with my beloved Leicester City. Had all the stars on that game. Igor Pamic, Viktor Leonenko, Mario Stanic, Ibrahima Bakayoko, Rigobert Song Bahanag. Won the European Cup three times in five years. Robbie Savage was a right-sided forward on that. Well annoying. And fairly recognised strikers would sometimes be goalkeepers. Not the massive all-encompassing database you get now. Any Brazilian you could sign was amazing, but you could never get a work permit.

I loved Championship Manager.

Outrageous game. :doh: :laugh:

That's my only nag with FM. Although I love it, it's just way too unrealistic. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's unrealistic at all. If it is we have the new football manager live to look forward to where the world will be managing against eachother and then things will change.

http://www.sigames.com/static/index.php

Also had a Blackburn Rovers game on the first FM after CM finished where I made it into virtually an English squad that won everything in sight, Carlton Cole was my star player lol and the only foreigner I had was a 15-year-old Portuguese winger called Fabio Paim who was my first-choice on the left flank. 15! He was amazing.

I remember him, he was a quality youngster from Sporting if i remember rightly?

On 06 i took Leicester up without buying a single player, then about 2 seasons later i won the Prem for 3 seasons on the trot piping Chelsea on the last day of the season everytime.

Archived