lookwhaticando Posted 21 May 2007 Posted 21 May 2007 Mandaric Praises City Starlets Milan Mandaric has saluted the Walkers Youth Academy after the Under-18s lifted the FA Premier Academy League trophy at the Stadium of Light on Sunday. The starlets held their nerve to defeat Sunderland in a nail-biting penalty shoot-out and City's new owner was on hand at the Walkers Stadium earlier today (Monday) to offer his congratulations to the players and staff. He said: "I am delighted and proud of the young players and what they have done. "It's great to have youngsters like these boys. They made us all proud of what they have accomplished." Mandaric spoke to the youngsters, telling them he was hopeful they would take the next step to the first team. "There's no reason why the players can't," he added. "They have demonstrated their ability as a team and without good individuals they wouldn't be a good team. "I am positive and hopeful there will be a progression. "I told them we were proud of how well they had done. "I told them to keep working hard on their future and on their abilities. "I said that they have set up the tone for us for next season and we want to repeat what they have done at the first-team level."
lildave3 Posted 21 May 2007 Posted 21 May 2007 Boy do they deserve the praise, this was a brilliant achievement
Wasyls Pec Deck Posted 21 May 2007 Posted 21 May 2007 About the only silverwear the club can hope to win in the short term.... great achievement though!
Thracian Posted 21 May 2007 Posted 21 May 2007 Mandaric Praises City Starlets Milan Mandaric has saluted the Walkers Youth Academy after the Under-18s lifted the FA Premier Academy League trophy at the Stadium of Light on Sunday. The starlets held their nerve to defeat Sunderland in a nail-biting penalty shoot-out and City's new owner was on hand at the Walkers Stadium earlier today (Monday) to offer his congratulations to the players and staff. He said: "I am delighted and proud of the young players and what they have done. "It's great to have youngsters like these boys. They made us all proud of what they have accomplished." Mandaric spoke to the youngsters, telling them he was hopeful they would take the next step to the first team. "There's no reason why the players can't," he added. "They have demonstrated their ability as a team and without good individuals they wouldn't be a good team. "I am positive and hopeful there will be a progression. "I told them we were proud of how well they had done. "I told them to keep working hard on their future and on their abilities. "I said that they have set up the tone for us for next season and we want to repeat what they have done at the first-team level." It doesn't suggest he was there though.
Wooly Posted 21 May 2007 Posted 21 May 2007 What a good looking trophy that is! Of course he wasn't there, ludicrous that anybody thought he was going to attend, but people seemed to think it was a formality in the previous thread!?
lookwhaticando Posted 21 May 2007 Author Posted 21 May 2007 It doesn't suggest he was there though. But the sentiment is there at least. It'll be nice for the lads to have the Chairman of the club come out and say nice things about them, whether he saw them in action or not.
Thracian Posted 21 May 2007 Posted 21 May 2007 But the sentiment is there at least. It'll be nice for the lads to have the Chairman of the club come out and say nice things about them, whether he saw them in action or not. I quite agree. I just thought it a little cagey how the report said he spoke to the lads but failed to identify the situation as in: ...Commenting from his holiday base in Florida or wherever. ...Having flown in specially for the game. ...In a telephone call from etc. It just didn't strike me as quite straightforward. It doesn't matter of course. As you say the words will be welcome whatever.
Daggers Posted 21 May 2007 Posted 21 May 2007 I quite agree. I just thought it a little cagey how the report said he spoke to the lads but failed to identify the situation as in:...Commenting from his holiday base in Florida or wherever. ...Having flown in specially for the game. ...In a telephone call from etc. It just didn't strike me as quite straightforward. It doesn't matter of course. As you say the words will be welcome whatever. ...halfway though doing something a fudging sight more important like interviewing a potential manager?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.