Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gibbom

rab douglas

i have heard rab douglas doesn't play anymore not just because he is shit but because he has become one of the goalkeeping coaches at the club since mike stowell left so that is why he hasn't been released with the other 5

Because he still has a year on his contract.

Johnson, Tiatto, Johansson, Lycett and Cadamarteri were released because they were at the end of their contracts, and it was decided we didn't want to keep them. Douglas' contract hadn't expired, so unless we pay him off or someone buys him, he's not going anywhere just yet.

i have heard rab douglas doesn't play anymore not just because he is shit but because he has become one of the goalkeeping coaches at the club since mike stowell left so that is why he hasn't been released with the other 5

Thank you for that little nugget.

Interesting. I don't think many people were aware of this, I certainly wasn't.

If we were to hang on to him do you think we would use him as a player and bring in another goalkeeping coach or would he just act as a goalkeeping coach or would he carry on the role he's playing now?

If he was to carry on playing (presuming he doesn't leave) this means we could have 3 or 4 goalkeepers (if we were to bring in another one) in the squad! Surely we must get rid of one (most likely Rab) if were are to sign a new keeper.

Cheers for the info anyway.

Interesting. I don't think many people were aware of this, I certainly wasn't.

If we were to hang on to him do you think we would use him as a player and bring in another goalkeeping coach or would he just act as a goalkeeping coach or would he carry on the role he's playing now?

If he was to carry on playing (presuming he doesn't leave) this means we could have 3 or 4 goalkeepers (if we were to bring in another one) in the squad! Surely we must get rid of one (most likely Rab) if were are to sign a new keeper.

Cheers for the info anyway.

The reason why nobody was aware of it is because it's complete nonsense.

Rab, has been helping out coaching the goalies but it's not the reason why a) he hasn't been playing for us and b) why he's still here.

The answers to both a) and b) are simple. a) he's crap and b) he still has another year on his deal, so can't release him without paying the sweaty off first.

so that means we will have 5 goalkeepers who should all be sold apart from henderson and logan who we should loan out. they r henderson,logan,douglas,pentney and cisak

They are only fcuking first year pros! Give me fcuking stregth. Do you expect the 8 former YT's to be near the first team! No! Fcuks sake, i don't know why I waste my time with this shit!

I used to live in Glasgow, and I remember BBC Scotland's Rob McLean suggesting during a Celtic game that Rab Douglas "showed there that he is truly a European Class goalkeeper".

Me and my missus (rabid Rangers fan) laughed at the time.

She laughed at me a lot when City signed Rab Douglas.

If ever he was "European Class" he never showed it for City.

Poor.

Get him out of the club.

so that means we will have 5 goalkeepers who should all be sold apart from henderson and logan who we should loan out. they r henderson,logan,douglas,pentney and cisak

Never mind having 5 goalies, we need a decent first choice keeper for next season, not hendo and logan who are adequete at best! (logan would go out on loan, and hendo would do on bench)

Douglas on the other hand should leave, otherwise he just wasting his and our time - doing nothing, its not like he even makes sub bench anymore!

If memory serves me right hasn't our YT just won the league with pentney playing a major part in their success.

Archived